Scania NGS - Interior mirrors position error

Yukine

Scania NGS - Interior mirrors position error

#1 Post by Yukine » 07 Nov 2018 12:14

Hi, I noticed the NGS Scania interior mirror node is off compared to the exterior. It doesn't look correct & it may give bad advertisement to Scania about blind spot areas.

This error has been present in game since early days of the NGS releasing, to the latest version (1.32.3.14).
It concern the interior model mirrors node being centimeters away from the exterior mirroirs node.

My apologize, even if this error has been present since the NGS pre-release screenshots, I can't get a gamelog right now.

Here's screenshot of what I noticed, along with a real life picture (bear in mind the real life picture mirror unit is pulled a bit more outwards, don't get tricked about that).

Real life picture: http://i.wheelsage.org/image/format/pic ... line_8.jpg (800x800)

Original mirror position (interior node misplaced).
Original mirror position (interior node misplaced).
'Fixed' mirror position (interior node placed at the same position as the exterior mirror node).
'Fixed' mirror position (interior node placed at the same position as the exterior mirror node).
Modders forgot sometimes there is also a life, so work on your speed. Don't think ''People need it fast.'' -Milan1NL
xXCARL1992Xx

Re: Scania NGS - Interior mirrors position error

#2 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 17 Nov 2018 19:04

the mirror is on the right position, ofc you wont see the gap if you look 90° turned because of the POV

and your reference picture is taken form a hight/angle where the head of the driver never will be so it will always look different

edit

well, i looked at the model and they are a little bit further away from the driver, and a little bit lower also, why i dont know
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Yukine

#3 Post by Yukine » 17 Nov 2018 19:37

Well, if you compare the interior mirrors position with the exterior the problem is evident. It's just mal-positioned (the arms fits perfectly).

By looking inside a NGS cab, or just looking perpendicularly from outside, you'll easily notice the blind spot that's not present (yet present in game due to the aforementioned misplacement).
Modders forgot sometimes there is also a life, so work on your speed. Don't think ''People need it fast.'' -Milan1NL
Yukine

#4 Post by Yukine » 12 Dec 2018 08:49

Any news ?

Return to “Bugs 1.32”