Michal
Site admin

Re: truck wiper angle

#1 Post by Michal » 20 Nov 2018 07:35

understand not bad english sory
Reinhard

#2 Post by Reinhard » 20 Nov 2018 10:00

Maybe it is this. If not, it doesn't hurt. I'm always driving the same truck, an Actros MP3. In ETS 1, it was the MP2. So this is not about other trucks, I lack the experience. Since the first job in the rain, the arrangement of the wipers nagged me a bit.

I know nothing about how it is in the real world, but I couldn't believe that there is such un-wiped area between the two wipers. In-game, there always was a huge gap. Two unconnected fields of wiping. Engineers for cars tend to provide an as big and as continuous field of a wiped pane as possible. I could never imagine that Mercedes Benz Trucks do it in a different way.

I'n not able to provide photos. But here is a video that shows a difference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjD8SBH72C0

Go to 2:25, and you will get a reference for a much higher angle of turning wipers. What else is different I'm not sure, this is rather short, and bad quality. But all I could find.
Reinhard

#3 Post by Reinhard » 30 Nov 2018 13:56

You should really try harder to explain what you want to tell. The only thing I understood is the thing with the wiper angle. I have posted a similar request here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=264371&p=1038635

Shouting "unrealistic", without explaining what is wrong with the modelling, will not help your case.
OlavEmil

#4 Post by OlavEmil » 30 Nov 2018 15:55

Yes, this is a problem with all trucks in ETS 2.

If people can use this or Reinhard's thread to post real life videos of wipers in action, I can forward them to SCS, and they can fix it :) . They need videos from inside the cab, showing all of the windscreen with the wipers running.
OlavEmil

#5 Post by OlavEmil » 28 Dec 2018 22:12

What are you on about now? If you read the posts, you will see that everyone knows and agrees that the wiper animations are useless on all trucks except the Scania Next Gen. The reason why they are fixed on this truck, is because someone provided SCS with a video of running wipers they could use as a model to fix the animations. We are simply informing about this here, so that if anyone is able to provide such videos of other truck models, they can be fixed too.

Noone in this thread has tried to tell you what to do, but I will now. You do one of these:

1: Provide video of the truck models you want fixed with running wipers from a driver's perspective. These will be forwarded to the developers, and they will use them to fix the animations.

or

2: Wait for someone else to do this.

You may or may not notice that "Yell at the people trying to help" is not included in the alternatives...

Return to “Bugs 1.33”