Menu sounds modding

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check chapters [4] and [5] of Forum Rules.
Veseleilo

Menu sounds modding

#1 Post by Veseleilo » 19 Jul 2019 19:22

Is it possible to edit the menu sounds? If it is, which game file to look at and which software to use? I've never modded ETS2, but those clicking sounds are so annoying (especially as i use both sound sliders on max) I'm willing to learn how to do it (if it's possible that is).

udken7

Re: Menu sounds modding

#2 Post by udken7 » 23 Feb 2020 11:39

Yes, of course. Take a look at base.scs. /sound/ui folder contains some UI sounds. You can replace them to empty sound to remove that sounds.
Sorrily, I can't help you learn how to mod the game from the start. Maybe you should check SCS modding wiki. https://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/Main_Page
It has many things for you to learn. First learn about SCS extractor, and then create your own UI sound mod by modifying other simple mods like economy.

room217au

#3 Post by room217au » 23 Feb 2020 11:44

I think some files are un-moddable because of the fact they're loaded before your profile. I've edited a bunch of UI sounds (mainly volume) but I also use the -force_mods switch.
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts.. do.

xXCARL1992Xx

#4 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 23 Feb 2020 11:47

every sound is modale, even UI sound, you just have to reload the profile again for it to apply, so i got a custom menu sound ingame, and even SiSLs Flat Menu mod works in the profile selection after you quit your profile and select another one
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |

room217au

#5 Post by room217au » 23 Feb 2020 11:50

-force_mods loads them regardless. This is how I found out how to mod my profile pic years ago. I don't know what effect that switch has on any other part of the game, except that it disables Mod Manager, which doesn't bother me.

xXCARL1992Xx

#6 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 23 Feb 2020 11:51

-force_mods load every mod in alphabetical order, and shouldnt be used just to get mods to work where a quick profile reload is enough
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |

room217au

#7 Post by room217au » 23 Feb 2020 11:55

Works for me :)

xXCARL1992Xx

#8 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 23 Feb 2020 11:56

it doesnt work when load order matters and you need to start to use the alphabet from a to zzzzzzz just to get every mod to work properly, even the ones you dont want in your profile

room217au

#9 Post by room217au » 23 Feb 2020 11:57

I only have one profile and maybe 10 mods.

Reinhard

#10 Post by Reinhard » 23 Feb 2020 17:42

The reasons why "-force_mods" will help is because it will load mods earlier in the loading phase of the game, than it usually does. Way before the mod manager comes into play. This is the reason why all mods in your mod folder are loaded. The mod manager is dead, then.

What for? Many files of the UI are loaded very early. Because the game needs them before the mod manager or profile could be accessed. At that point it is simply to late for modding these UI files. You cant mod anything the game already uses.

I can't say which files of the UI are affected. But rule of thumb is: UI file modding requires this parameter.

Could be some files can't be modded at all. But this is only a wild guess. I never had this.

Return to “Mods”