Menu sounds modding

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check chapters [4] and [5] of Forum Rules.
cip

Re: Menu sounds modding

#11 Post by cip » 24 Feb 2020 09:07

I always wanted to change the music before profile loads and thought it's impossible :lol: in the same time I don't want to use -force_mods because I have different profiles with different mods. so can you be more explicit how to change this Carl without using -force_mods?
for everything else I have personalized sounds, my favorite rock songs especially at truck updates are very useful, if I need to spend time for updating my truck, at least to listen my favorite music ;)
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...

room217au

#12 Post by room217au » 24 Feb 2020 09:34

@cip
I have edited ../def/sound_player.sii and changed particular UI and other game sound volumes to zero. Thus:

Code: Select all

# music for finished delivery/reputation window  "Music volume | Music path"

# music type: 32
	music_main_menu[]: 		"0.0|/sound/music/desktop_4.ogg"
	music_main_menu[]: 		"0.0|/sound/music/desktop_2.ogg"
	music_main_menu[]:		"0.0|/sound/music/desktop_3.ogg"
	music_main_menu[]:		"0.0|/sound/music/desktop_1.ogg"

# music type: 33
	music_delivery_finished[]: 	"0.0|/sound/music/delivery_finished1.ogg"
	music_delivery_finished[]: 	"0.0|/sound/music/delivery_finished2.ogg"

# music type: 34 - unused

# music type: 35 - unused

# music type: 36
	music_truck_dealer[]: 		"0.0|/sound/music/truck_upgrade.ogg"

# music type: 37
	music_hurry_up[]:		"0.0|/sound/music/hurry_up1.ogg"
	music_hurry_up[]:		"0.0|/sound/music/hurry_up2.ogg"
	music_hurry_up[]:		"0.0|/sound/music/hurry_up3.ogg"

# music type: 38
	music_service[]: 		"0.0|/sound/music/truck_service.ogg"

# music type: 39
	music_garage[]: 		"0.0|/sound/music/garage.ogg"

# music type: 40 - unused
	# music type: 41
	music_upgrade[]: 		"0.0|/sound/music/truck_upgrade.ogg"
You can move the volume slider in options all the way to the left, but the audio still attempts to start, but fades out very quickly.
I edited other ../sound/ui sounds (coin, level_up, dunk, mail, etc) to a level about 1/10th of default. Some I even changed to another sound. coin.ogg (the cash register sound) is a soft beep. I can hear it, but only barely.

The only way I could prevent any UI music playing (ie. at Launch Pad etc) and make this mod work at all, was to add -force_mods switch. I played ETS2 with -force_mods long before Mod Manager was introduced and never really used MM at all because I was comfortable with the way I was already playing the game.

[edit]
I know that some of these files are now editable without the switch in place, but I also wanted to change my profile pic not long after I started playing ETS2 and -force_mods allowed that too.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts.. do.

cip

#13 Post by cip » 24 Feb 2020 15:48

@room217au thank you for your detailed message. I believe I tried to edit this file and it did not work, perhaps as Carl said I needed to re-launch the profile :lol:
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...

Return to “Mods”