Improved road texture

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check chapters [4] and [5] of Forum Rules.
hypervoodoo77

Improved road texture

#1 Post by hypervoodoo77 » 14 Jan 2020 07:02

Hi All,

Just a quick question from me here namely

- Does anyone know of a good mod that just improves the road textures for 1.36?

I have a setup with promods/MHApro all mods from DB creations and some jazzycat mods and in general I like the look of the game but th road texture remains ugly.

Also I would like to ask an opinion on a weather mod.
I Have JBX weather , brutal weather, Naturalux Grimes weather mods and png 1.8 and 2.0 weather .
I like naturalux best because it is brighter but somehow it keeps crashing my game ( i have promods compatiblity add on and the 1.36 version) the others are great also but the lighting when using them makes it seem overcast most of the time.

Is there a nice weather mod I have overlooked or is it an option to use default also what does the png 2.0 default weather mod do if the weather is default?

Thanks in forward for any who are so helpfull as to answer my questions.

keep on trucking

Darkcaptain

Re: Improved road texture

#2 Post by Darkcaptain » 14 Jan 2020 11:00

Hi,

ProjectNG improves some asphalt textures.

Also "Baltic Style" replaces vegetation and some asphalt textures: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=280220

For NaturaLux, did you use the necessary parameters indicated by the installation guide? https://nlmod.net/ets2/installation/

This FIX reduces the probability of rain if you use NaturaLux : https://server.nlmod.net/other/hotfix/N ... ssrain.scs

I use Realistic Rain + NaturaLux + Fael Environment + Baltic Style + ProjectNG (only textures) and it's wonderful :P

The priority order of the Mods is very important, and don't use several Weathers mods in the same profile.

hypervoodoo77

#3 Post by hypervoodoo77 » 14 Jan 2020 11:43

Thanks for your reply darkcaptain,

Will you share your load order with me so I can give it a try.
I will redownload the promods compatibility add on for Naturalux as it worked fine on MHAPRO.

Darkcaptain

#4 Post by Darkcaptain » 14 Jan 2020 13:20

You must configure the Steam launch parameters as indicated by the NaturaLux guide.

The priority order can also be seen in the NaturaLux installation guide, but as I said, do not mix several Mods Weather (JBX Weather, Brutal Weather, ProjectNG Weather, NaturaLux etc.) you can only activate one of them, choose one.

The priority order depends on the Mods you use, in my case:

Realistic Rain
Sounds for AI Traffic (cipinho)
AI Traffic Packs (Jazzycat etc ..)
Sound Fixes Pack
Real Traffic by Cip
Addons for NL
NaturaLux
Fael Environment
Baltic Style
ProjectNG (Textures)

And the rest below in order priority: accessories, trailers, sounds for trucks, trucks, ModsMaps etc.

But as I said, they are my preferences, you can use different Mods and the order of priority may be different.

hypervoodoo77

#5 Post by hypervoodoo77 » 14 Jan 2020 13:43

Thanks again for replying.

Yes Naturalux was installed completely correct according to the install manual.
I did notice that the promods add on did not have the Naturalux decal in the modmanager so there is something not right there.
I do not use the weather apps simultaneously I just like to try things out so I have quite a few of them.

I have most mods you use except one or two so I will give your set up a go at least I have an excuse to use your rain mod I downloaded the new version a few days ago lol.

Again thanks for sharing.

Also if anyone else has a set up they feel is worth sharing please do interesting for me and I can imagine helpful for newer players maybe.

Darkcaptain

#6 Post by Darkcaptain » 14 Jan 2020 14:01

The NaturaLux ProMods addon has no icon, so don't worry about it ;)

hypervoodoo77

#7 Post by hypervoodoo77 » 14 Jan 2020 17:22

Well I got it running and yes I really like this set up and not a crash yet.
Fingers crossed

Return to “Mods”