MAZ 6422

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check chapters [4] and [5] of Forum Rules.
OldVern

MAZ 6422

#1 Post by OldVern » 10 Feb 2020 08:28

After dodging the malware and false links I managed to download the MAZ 6422 from Modsfire yesterday evening. However when I try and access the truck via the mod dealer, ETS2 instantly crashes to desktop. I'm running 1.36 with Black Sea DLC disabled, so I can run ProMods 2.43 without messing about with amended shortcuts. Game runs fine as is, with ProMods 2.43 enabled.

Has anyone had similar issues with this truck and/or any hints to get it working, please?

DubbelDraaiDeur

Re: MAZ 6422

#2 Post by DubbelDraaiDeur » 13 Feb 2020 18:36

I have this one:
https://ets2.lt/en/maz-6422-v08-02-20-1-36-x/
It works just fine for me, tho a few warnings in the console, but nothing gamebraking. Truck works like a charm. (Clean profile with all map DLC's)
Check if it's not a conflict with another mod, and try the MAZ on a new clean profile.
Also, you can poste your gamelog here or https://pastebin.com/, so someone could check for you what excactly is going on.

I found one on Modsfire as well: https://modsfire.com/9RRjK9pN21RiO2C
This one is not updated for 1.36 so it has alot of dx11 errors in there, and trailer cables aren't added either. But it does run pretty good on current 1.36 version.
Drives anything with wheels, and you know... some things without wheels

BK Vissers
Global moderator

#3 Post by BK Vissers » 13 Feb 2020 20:42

There are two versions that are 1.36 compatible on ETS2.lt. Just search for 6422 and you can’t miss them.

The Old Fart

#4 Post by The Old Fart » 14 Feb 2020 14:29

I'm glad I saw this thread, I had the older one and it was, lets say, a wee challenge. I downloaded the new version (which still had some textures to update, no big issue, as well as wiper defs to update)) and it is a really nice mod. I also adjusted the chassis weights as they seemed quite low. All in all, this is a very nice truck with a well done interior. I'm glad that this lovely old lady was updated.

I must admit, I'm quite liking this truck and I think it's in my mod folder for good. Now I only have to update it for ATS so I can drive it up and down the Vegas strip and scare the locals :)
Old Fart Trucking - I haul ass, and everything else!

OldVern

#5 Post by OldVern » 14 Feb 2020 17:51

I eventually found one that works, thanks.

It is indeed a lovely truck, with sound and physics far superior to any of the default stuff. Even with a relatively light trailer in tow, it struggles up some of the hills in Northern Norway and Karelia etc.

Return to “Mods”