Project: ts-joho-mod

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check chapters [4] and [5] of Forum Rules.
holmexx

Project: ts-joho-mod

#1 Post by holmexx » 26 May 2020 19:38

Hi guys,

I want to show you my mod here, which can only be used with an iPad at the moment. A windows client would also be possible if you are interested.

The mod is called "ts-joho-mod" (one day I might explain how the name came about). It is working with ETS2 as well with ATS. The iPad displays 3 gauges:

- an ingame-time clock
- a gauge for the remaining delivery time
- a gauge for the time until the next rest period

All expenses incurred during the hauling job (such as tickets, fines, etc.) will be summarized. At the end you can see the netto profit or loss of the job. Unfortunately the telemetry API (which will be used by this mod) doesn't provide a "refuel event". So you have to create it manually by yourself. Pictures are worth a thousand words.
p1.jpg
Btw, the fines shown here are for demonstrating the possibilities only. Never ever I would do such things 8-)
p3.jpg
Oh dear, you have cancelled the job.
p5.jpg
As stated above you have to create the refueling datas by yourself.
p7.jpg
The job is done.

The 5 switches and the slider at the bottom edge are for:

- setting the time format (12/24 hours)
- adjust the clock
- setting the weight unit
- setting the distance unit
- setting the volume unit (refueling)
- setting the brightness of the display

What is this "adjust clock" switch good for? The telemetry API provides the ingame-time as its own base time but without time zone informations. That is, accordingly to the time zone you are currently in, the "real" clock time can be 1 hour sooner or later.

Tapping slightly right of the switch turns the switch to the right and tapping slightly left - totally surprising - to the left. Tap and hold down the finger to move the brightness slider - on left side to left and on right side to, uhm, ... dont't know. Your settings will be automatically saved.

To create a refuel entry tap the fuel dispenser icon (see pic #3). As you can see there is no 'dot' button. Insert e.g. 34.0 gals. as 3 4 0, turn the switch to 'price' and insert the price of $3.68 as 3 6 8. Finally tap "Enter". Tap "CE" to correct your input.

To install the mod download this setup file:

https://www.sovoma.de/downloads/TSJohoModSetup.zip

unpack it to an arbitrary folder and double-click "TSJohoModSetup":
ts-joho-mod-setup.jpg
Now you have to operate this incredibly complicated setup program :roll:. To uninstall the mod start the program again and remove the corresponding check mark. That's all.

Next, you have to install the iPad app. Go to the AppStore, enter in the search box "ts-joho-mod" (WITHOUT the quotation marks!) and install it. To use the app, simply start it. The app and the simulator will be found all by themselves, once the simulator is started and the mod is activated. There may be a little delay of up to 5 seconds. The condition, of course, is that the simulator and the iPad are on the same local network.

That's all, so far, I believe. Please let me know what you are thinking about this project and whether I should make a windows version too (e.g. for the Microsoft Surface).

Best regards from Berlin, Germany
Holger alias holmexx

P.S.: just in case SCS is reading this: the ETS2 still pretends to be "Euro Truck Simulator 1.16" via the Telemetry API v1.1

-----------------------
update May 31:

Wow, I can't believe it, it's so crowded here. Wow. Anyway, setup and app are available in german now; a russian version follows next days.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, it might be an electrical problem.

KARU0920

Re: プロジェクト: ts-joho-mod

#2 Post by KARU0920 » 23 Jun 2020 16:13

In japanese Joho is じょうほう ^^
PROJECT JAPAN Producer

holmexx

Re: Project: ts-joho-mod

#3 Post by holmexx » 24 Jun 2020 14:08

Hi Karu0920,

oops, really? I'm not a 'nihonjin' - obviously. What is the meaning of these 'u'? It is then a long 'o', together with the 'u'?

Regards,
Holger

KARU0920

Re: : ts-joho-mod

#4 Post by KARU0920 » 25 Jun 2020 02:56

yeah thats right.
The writting is JOHO
The reading is JHOUHOU.
The meaning is information.

PS:
And this is nice tool.
PROJECT JAPAN Producer

holmexx

Re: Project: ts-joho-mod

#5 Post by holmexx » 28 Jun 2020 17:14

Hi guys,

in the mean time, a new version for the iPad-App is available. It corrects the japanese spelling fauxpas and a russian translation has been added.

@KARU0920: domo arigatou :)

Regards
Holger

Return to “Mods”