Garage Unlock file/setting

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check chapters [4] and [5] of Forum Rules.
George2

Garage Unlock file/setting

#1 Post by George2 » 25 Feb 2021 00:30

Does anybody knows how can I unlock the garage acquisition without having to be present with my truck in that place to buy it? I know for the trucks you need to modify a setting (truck_count_for_online in economy_data.sii) but I can't find anything related to the garages. It's pretty annoying to not have this possibility for it as well and I was wondering if somebody found out which file I need to modify in order to get that.
Thank you, SCS, for adding ROmania to ETS2! :idea:

room217au

Re: Garage Unlock file/setting

#2 Post by room217au » 26 Feb 2021 00:46

You need only buy 3 garages to 'unlock' the online garage purchase option.
There's nothing at all in def.scs that controls the number of garages you have to purchase to unlock this feature.
My only suggestion is to grab Xyzan's "Virtual Speditor" program. With it, you can construct and save your own jobs and trips. Simply create three jobs that go to three cities that have garages. Purchase those three garages and the feature of online garage purchase is unlocked.
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts.. do.

George2

#3 Post by George2 » 27 Feb 2021 17:30

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that. At least now I have a confirmation about the def files. I've simply thought that I've overlooked a file and it's somewhere around there. :)
Thank you, SCS, for adding ROmania to ETS2! :idea:

MirM

#4 Post by MirM » 27 Feb 2021 18:53

@George2

I recommend this program: "TS SaveEditor Tool | 0.2.5.x (alpha)" viewtopic.php?p=1060834#p1060834

Please read beforehand what are the requirements and how to configure this program, and attached pdf manual.

For security reasons, please make a full backup of the "profiles" folder. :!:

------------------------
Sorry, I'm using a translator.

Return to “Mods”