Trailer Custom Lights

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check chapters [4] and [5] of Forum Rules.
loco4string

Trailer Custom Lights

#1 Post by loco4string » 19 Aug 2020 18:18

So let me start I am not a modder. That being said was wondering how hard would it be to add light nodes to trailers? I like the 53 foot custom that Husky did (Keith updated it to 1.38 on his facebook page), I liked being able to light up my trailer. Was looking at adding lights to a tanker and to the flatbeds. Not sure what lights but I am sure if I could figure out how to do it. I usually use the Flat-line Light pack, Big T, and Boremann, so I am sure something would work there. If my thinking is correct all I would have to do to make the packs compatible would be to add it to the code. Like I said not a modder and have some basic understanding in coding (mostly website creation for Graphic Design). Any help would be awesome, I looked all over but can not seem to find a clear set of instructions for how to do it.

The Old Fart

Re: Trailer Custom Lights

#2 Post by The Old Fart » 19 Aug 2020 22:12

@loco4string, adding new nodes for lights is done in Blender. If you don't know how to use blender you're stuck. If you're a total masochist then you can google for tutorials on using blender.

An alternative is to find mods which might add content which includes additional light slots.
Old Fart Trucking - I haul ass, and everything else!

bigjoe

Re: Trailer Custom Lights

#3 Post by bigjoe » 07 Sep 2020 02:06

You can use Blender or Zmod.

All it requires is making a slot node in an existing accessory or making a new accessory. If you make a new accessory that isn't compatible with the pack, all it would take is going to the sii files of the pack and adding a suitable_for line within.

Return to “Trailer accessories”