Netherlands re-research tips

P3TER_

Re: Netherlands re-research tips

#21 Post by P3TER_ » 28 Jul 2021 10:12

Amsterdam and Rotterdam can coexist in a 1:19 map. Especially Rotterdam can be expanded further south and west (port) so it doesn't get too close to Amsterdam.

A DAF dealer might be better off in Eindhoven, just like Volvo in Goteborg and Mercedes-Benz in Stuttgart.

A road I would really like to see is the N57-N254-N62 road which starts from the A15 and ends at the Belgium E34. It could be home to a boat construction company (Damen/Amels irl) and a shipping company, both in the Sloehaven (port of Vlissingen) and is a very scenic route over the Delta works and along several islands and peninsulas. Being 70km from Rotterdam port and 60km from Antwerp as the crow flies, it's not close to any other city. We've seen in Iberia that a proximity of tens of kilometers isn't a big deal if it's a small city, so design wise it would fit quite nicely I presume.

Delta works: (Oosterscheldedam)
[ external image ]

Damen:
[ external image ]

Fishing boats in Vlissingen:
[ external image ]
Underscore_101_

Re: Netherlands re-research tips

#22 Post by Underscore_101_ » 29 Jul 2021 11:15

I was kidding about ditching Amsterdam, and the Daf dealer in Rotterdam is just for me because i start most new profiles (and i do that a lot) in Rotterdam and mainly play the game with Daf trucks, so also not meant serious.

Fully agree with your suggestions for new locations.

idk if you've played T-region, but that's a 1:2 scale map of NL, which as a standalone map and all it features is a really nice scale for that map, but of course too much for the entire NL in the vanilla game, i still think a larger than 1:19 scale could benefit the Benelux, and makes it easier to add a few more cities.
Your suggestions about Zeeland are really nice, but i wonder if between Rotterdam and Antwerpen (which should be added imho) the space doesn't get too crowded in the current scale.
Do like the Promods layout of NL and BE, but they haven't touched Amsterdam (much) and Rotterdam could be a lot better, the Belgian cities seem much nicer done compared to the old Dutch places.

Return to “Euro Truck Simulator 2”