Russia pre-research tips (European part)

AntonioMart

Re: Russia pre-research tips (European part)

#21 Post by AntonioMart » 13 Sep 2021 03:17

I completely forgot to mention this car:

VAZ-2109 Lada Samara

[ external image ]
RushCars24ID

#22 Post by RushCars24ID » 14 Sep 2021 04:20

AntonioMart wrote: 19 Aug 2021 17:51 has the same cab as Ural Next, which has already been added to traffic in DLC Baltic

https://i.imgur.com/4tFANKV.jpg
Hello, I'm sorry to poke this post you've made there, but that in-game Ural Next pic is actually mine, exclusive posted for Internet Game Cars Database and you can't reuse that pic from there without my permission, please give me a favor by asking me first or else I'll insist you to take that image down from that post.
AntonioMart

#23 Post by AntonioMart » 14 Sep 2021 20:15

@RushCars24ID Hello, sorry, didn't know that. I already deleted this image myself.
krmarci

#24 Post by krmarci » 22 Sep 2021 08:08

AntonioMart wrote: 20 Sep 2021 21:16 Yes, I mentioned this earlier, but I really hope that old Soviet buses LiAZ-677 will be present in AI Trafic in Arzamas. :)

The same place as in the screenshot:

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

And also next model LiAZ-5256:

[ external image ]
Rivertone wrote: 21 Sep 2021 10:58 In Russia, there is a non-fined speed threshold (20 km/h). That is, in the city you can go 80 km/h, instead of 60, on the highway 110, instead of 90, on the highways 130 instead of 110.

I would like to know whether this will be taken into account in this project and whether traffic will move taking into account this threshold?

I would also like to say about the traffic. When there is an abrupt change of speed limits on the road (for example, after 110, immediately 30 and vice versa), traffic abruptly resets the speed from 100 to 30. This is very unrealistic and a little silly. After all, in real life, such an action would lead to an accident.

I suggest making a gradual reset and speed set, if there are no obstacles ahead, and making a gradual change of speed limits. First 110, then 90, 70, 50 and 30.

There is also a lack of speed diversity in traffic. In Russia, one can drag at a speed of 20 km/h on the right, the other can drive 150 km/h on the left and all this can happen in the parking lot, but in the game, all cars go at about the same speed
10avoid wrote: 22 Sep 2021 07:39 And again on new screen from Arzamas i see estonian traincar. It is really important to make a gray or green traincar (TVZ or Ammendorf). Renfe was made for Spain. Why not make Russian Railways (PID). There are so many rail and road intersections in the new DLC...

[ external image ]
AntonioMart

#25 Post by AntonioMart » 22 Oct 2021 22:04

UAZ Patriot also a fairly popular SUV on the roads of Russia:

[ external image ]
krmarci

#26 Post by krmarci » 24 Oct 2021 06:26

AntonioMart wrote: 23 Oct 2021 21:00 On a promo video from Instagram, when shown the church near the Sheremetyevo airport can see a train in the background, but this train is not correct for this line. Such trains do not run on this line, it's used for suburban electric express trains "Aeroexpress" going from railway stations to the airport.

[ external image ]

Now on this line used six-cars double-decker trains Esh2 Eurasia (Stadler KISS RUS):

[ external image ]

I hope that this point will be taken into account. :)
krmarci

#27 Post by krmarci » 02 Nov 2021 07:58

AlexxxF1 wrote: 01 Nov 2021 10:46
Space_Night wrote: 30 Oct 2021 18:17 Wander if they will put the memorial up in Stalingrad that comemorates the red army victory in 1942 and pretty much dominates the city
maybe it will be interesting to someone and someone didn't even know, is only the second part of the composition, which consists of three elements at once.
this is the Sword of Victory, which was forged and raised in the Urals,
later it was raised by the "Motherland" in Stalingrad. The city in which a radical turning point in the war came, and Hitlerite Germany suffered one of its most significant defeats.
in Berlin "Liberator Warrior" lowers the Sword of Victory, in the very lair of the enemy.

1st - on the sculpture, a worker hands over a sword to a Soviet soldier. in Magnitogorsk. height 18 meters.
The worker is oriented to the east (in the direction where the Magnitogorsk Iron and Steel Works was located), and the warrior looks to the west. There, where the main hostilities took place during the Great World War II.
[ external image ] [ external image ]
2nd - a woman who stands with a raised sword. in Volgograd (Stalingrad). height 87 meters.
the image of the Motherland, which calls on everyone to unite in order to defeat the enemy.
3rd - liberator warrior who lowered his sword. in Berlin. height 12 meters.
monument to Soviet soldiers who died during the storming of the German capital. this monument has become a symbol of the victory of the Soviet people in the Great World War II (the Great Patriotic War) and it also personifies the liberation of all European peoples from fascism.
yes, when you look at the footage of those years, the bravery and courage of those people evokes respect and it is no coincidence that there are so many monuments dedicated to the World War II in Russia.
at start https://youtu.be/ooUX8_jDHxc
at the end https://youtu.be/kEUxd3ae_P4?t=6
Omicron

#28 Post by Omicron » 09 Jan 2022 16:15

Just a few minor things I've noticed from the BtBS DLC and from some screenshots of the upcoming DLC :)

'Pedestrian crossing' signs
In Russia, pedestrian crossing signs are usually placed on either side of the road, with the silhouettes facing each other. This last detail in particular is missed in most of BtBS Russia, and some recent screenshots for the upcoming DLC highlight this too.

Example of pedestrian crossing signs being placed correctly ('facing each other'):
[ external image ]

Example of pedestrian crossing signs being placed incorrectly:
[ external image ]

(From the blog: 1 and 2)

With the reflective pedestrian crossing sign (where the silhouette faces the left at the front and the right at the back), it is possible to do this by simply rotating the sign, or enabling "Follow road direction" in sign properties, on either side of the road.
With the non-reflective signs (where both silhouettes are facing left), it is not possible to do this without editing the silhouette at the back of the sign.

'Direction of movement in lanes' signs
The current design of the "lanes" signs for Russia in-game, in particular the arrows, are incorrect. They should be similar, if not identical, to the current ones used for Lithuania.

[ external image ]

From the blog: 1

'Stop' sign
The "STOP" panel sign is using the wrong font (Arial), it should instead be using GOST 10807-78. As this sign was recently added, there are no current examples in BtBS Russia.

[ external image ]
eviljuche

#29 Post by eviljuche » 11 Jan 2022 16:41

About that place from prevew screenshots...
Screenshot 2022-01-10 at 21-21-07 Euro Truck Simulator 2 Heart of Russia.png
It's kinda completely different now. The bridge is immensely modified, and there is a network of roads nearby it, containing a tunnel. Road is widened, and soon the whole A-114 road will be modifyed aswell.

I've wrote a lot more about that issue previously in other section: viewtopic.php?t=307492
IvanKuz

#30 Post by IvanKuz » 18 Jan 2022 17:45

I regret not contributing to this thread since last Spring despite saying I will do so... Life got in the way. Fortunately, AntonioMart mostly covered what I wanted to talk about the most (public transport). And all the HoR screenshots that have been coming out show that the SCS research team did an amazing job anyway.

However, there are a few errors and other things from recent blogposts that I believe need to be addressed.
  1. Phone numbers on billboards

[ external image ]

This is just wrong. There are too many digits.

Phone numbers in Russia (see the Wikipedia article), when written in full, have the following format: +7 (XXX) XXX-XX-XX. "+7" (or sometimes "8") is the country code, the next three digits are the area code (usually written in brackets), and then come the 7 digits of the phone number itself. There are only 7 of them, not 9!

The country code, and often the area code too, is usually omitted for brevity, leaving only the 7 digits of the phone number itself (this doesn't apply to Moscow and its surrounding cities, since they have multiple area codes).
    Furthermore, in most regions you will see local advertisements with only 5 or 6 digits. That's because the area code might have an additional 1- or 2-digit zone code, which takes away the first digits of the 7-digit number. For example: the area code of the Bryansk Oblast is 483, but all the numbers belonging to the city of Bryansk itself start with 2, so phone numbers in Bryansk are written as (4832) XX-XX-XX or simply XX-XX-XX. But, technically, the full number is still +7 (483) 2XX-XX-XX.

[ external image ]
  2. Overhead displays in Moscow

Perhaps the devs already realized this, since this screenshot was pulled from the blog. But these overhead displays with color screens are exclusive to MKAD, they don't belong on other roads. The ones on the Third Ring Road may look similar, but they lack color screens. Instead, they are monochrome displays that always show the exact same message: "Drivers! Obey speed limits!"

And the speed limit on the Third Ring Road varies between 60-80 km/h, it's not 100 km/h.

[ external image ]
  3. Modern trains

This has been brought up by others many times before, but...

To begin with, passenger trains in green like this are becoming a rarity in central Russia. Russian Railroads have been painting everything they can, including trains, in their official standard grey-and-red color scheme:

[ external image ]

Furthermore, these older-looking trains don't belong in this location or in this location.
    The first is the Moscow Central Circle, an urban rail line (basically metro) that exclusively uses modern Lastochka trains.
    The second is the Aeroexpress rail link to the Sheremetyevo International Airport, which uses Esh2 Eurasia trains.

These are unique transit lines with their own rolling stock. Not unlike the Toulouse tram or the Las Vegas monorail.

I know we can't reasonably expect every single type of specific train modelled for a game that is about trucks first and foremost. But seeing old green passenger trains in these locations is very immersion-breaking. Perhaps a good solution would be to make a generic "modern Russian grey-and-red train" model and use it on both lines.
  4. Gagarin Square, Tver

It's not a big deal, but I've noticed that all screenshots showing this location lack any road markings. Is this because that's how it looks on Google Maps street view? If so, that footage is from 4 years ago. Yandex Mirrors shows that this intersection had visible road markings as recently as November 2021.
    I normally wouldn't comment on something like this, but this particular intersection looks like it's going to be a trouble to navigate without road markings, so I hope they will be added.

Also, the same applies to eviljuche's post above. It looks like that location was built solely based on outdated Google Maps street view footage. You can see new footage of the rebuilt road on Yandex Mirrors. I previously pointed this out a few months ago in the HoR thread. Perhaps it's too late to change now, but I hope it's not.
EDIT: Fixed broken link
Last edited by IvanKuz on 18 Jan 2022 20:36, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Euro Truck Simulator 2”