LGV/Gigaliner/Eurocombis in Germany [FEATURE]

xXCARL1992Xx

LGV/Gigaliner/Eurocombis in Germany [FEATURE]

#1 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 22 Aug 2018 11:24

Well not really bug to report but a little bit of research

we know that SCS gave us with 1.28 the ability to haul double trailers in ETS and ATS (Eurocombi Type B for ETS2) and they are only usable in the areas of the Scandinavia DLC and soon in Finland of the Baltic DLC

now i want to come back to the Blogpost SCS made at the beginning of 1.28 Open Beta and there is on an important sentence from SCS

http://blog.scssoft.com/2017/07/euro-tr ... r-128.html
We will be looking into additional territories or stretches of the road around Europe where local regulations allow for them to be operated, to expand your transportation choices in the future.
so now with 1.32 we get to buy and haul our own trailer ingame, and i think it would be a good time to expand on those areas that are allowed to have Eurocombis at least of Type B but possible Type D also
Type B
[ external image ]

Type D
[ external image ]

Since the beginning of 2017, Germany generally allows EC Type Bs to be used on certain roads in Germany without the need of some sort of special permit
so i search a little bit with google to find a list of roads that allowed doubles (and i assume b-doubles also if they are not longer then 25.25m) and i found something

http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/lkw_b ... nlage.html
or
https://www.bundesanzeiger.de/ebanzwww/ ... 12.2017_V1

(i hope some people at SCS can read it :D )

those 2 links have a list of Highways (Autobahn AXX and so one) and speedways (Bundesstraße BXX and so one) that are allowed to be used for Eurocombis in Germany

so i started to compare ETS Germany with the list and mark the roads that are allowed, this is what i got

[ external image ]

i noticed if i do it for all roads, then the whole map would be yellow/green and stopped at some point

so with 1.32, the addition of own trailer in form of doubles (EuroCombi Type B) and b-doubles (EuroCombi Type D) it would be a great time to expand the roads, that legally allow them, for us to use

if some user have evidence for their countries (looking at you Netherlands, and possibly Belgium and Luxembourg :lol: ) fell free to add evidence to it so that SCS has an easier time to see where those trailer are allowed to be driven
Last edited by supersobes on 26 Jan 2019 01:39, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved Topic from "Euro Truck Simulator 2 > Bugs" to "Public Research > Euro Truck Simulator 2"
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Max
SCS Software

Re: LGV/Gigaliner/Eurocombis in Germany [FEATURE]

#2 Post by Max » 22 Aug 2018 13:49

thanks for info. much appreciated.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
Fenway

#3 Post by Fenway » 22 Aug 2018 21:12

CARL1992 wrote: 22 Aug 2018 11:24 looking at you Netherlands
The Netherlands Vehicle Authority (RDW) has publiced an online map in where most restrictions of the dutch road network can be searched:
https://dwo.rdw.nl/ConsultRestrictions/ViewRestrictions
When selecting "LZV" all roads where 25.25 m long vehicles are allowed will show in green on the map. To operate an LZV as we call them over here a transport company needs to apply for a permit. Whit such an permit all roads cleared for LZV's can be driven since 2013. For incidental use one can apply for an specific permit. On the RDW site all information on LZV's can be found, but only in dutch (https://www.rdw.nl/zakelijk/branches/tr ... ontheffing).

To me it looks like all dutch roads present in ETS2 seem to be cleared for 25.25 m long vehicles.
xXCARL1992Xx

#4 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 18 Dec 2018 12:13

Just wanted to ask if there is any progress ?
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
B787

#5 Post by B787 » 18 Dec 2018 12:19

Interesting stuff! :?
Winchester1979

#6 Post by Winchester1979 » 29 Mar 2019 21:38

Either things are going very slowly in real life, or the wikipedia articles are updated once in a blue moon...

Apparently the EU has been considering a general raising of the weight limit to 60 tons and the overall length limit to 25.25 meters since 2009, meaning they've been at it for ten years now.

The German wikipedia article (https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/EuroCombi) is probably the most informative about EuroCombi/EcoCombi/Longer Heavier Vehicles, as it has all the definitions and a lot of information about what's been going down in other countries:

Sweden has allowed 25.25 meter vehicles since 1996 - they basically applied for an exemption from the EU rules, and the European commission came up with 25.25 meters as a suitable length. Swedish trucking companies just rolled with it, pun intended. Sweden also allows combinations of up to 32 meters with special permits - for example, there's a trucking company serving the hardware store chain Jula that has a dispensation to drive double 40-foot container trailers similar in size to the "HCT" combination that we can only drive in Finland in the game.

The Netherlands started trialing 25.25 meter vehicles in 2000, and apparently since 2009 you can get a permanent permit to operate 25.25 meter/60 ton combinations that are good pretty much anywhere, as the number of axles on a typical 25.25 rig will spread the ground pressure out sufficiently.

Denmark's national assembly decided in 2006 that by 2011 the whole country's road network was to be upgraded to handle 25.25 meter vehicles at 60 tons, and trials started in 2008. The German wikipedia article doesn't say what happened next, but I guess that everything went as planned and they're in general service now.

Norway started trials at the same time as Denmark, but were a bit more ambivalent about it, and apparently cancelled the idea. As Norway is outside the EU they had their own rules for vehicle lengths, and allowed vehicles of 19.5 meters - this led to a row in 2012 when the Swedish supreme court decided that traffic from Norway through Sweden to another EU country had to abide by the EU rules, which meant that Norwegian trucks were too long by 75 cm and were turned away at the border. No idea from the articles I found how that actually ended up, and the Norwegian traffic administration's site is a lot more difficult to navigate than the Swedish one.

Belgium started trials of full size EuroCombi vehicles in 2004, after a previous transport minister who had been vehemently against it was voted out of office. The article listed Volvo, BASF and Ford as being among the chief campaigners in favor of Eurocombi vehicles, and the first companies to start using them. There's no word on how the trials went after that.

France has floated the idea of trialing EuroCombi vehicles, but the public is overwhelmingly against it (https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eco_combi says opinion is 80% or so against).

Austria went flat no to the whole idea, as they'd have to rebuild pretty much the entire country to handle 60 ton vehicles.

Switzerland is also against the whole thing, with the Swiss parliament having expressly forbidden the government from negotiating with the EU over it in 2008.

Spain on the other hand decided to allow Eurocombi vehicles in 2015, though some routes require permission from the road operator and the transport authority.

And finally Germany is divided on the whole thing, with some states having gone all in way back, and others being really against it.
erkinalp

#7 Post by erkinalp » 04 Apr 2019 17:54

Germany does not have a general length restriction as long as vehicles can navigate 2x1 city streets without assistance (12.5m turning radius in formal terms). However, long road trains are incompatible with fifth wheel coupling used in EU.
xXCARL1992Xx

#8 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 04 Apr 2019 18:15

ofc we have a max. length for trucks in Germany :roll:

18.75m is the maximal length allowed (tandem trucks) and 25.25m for Eurocombies
[ external image ]
erkinalp

#9 Post by erkinalp » 06 Apr 2019 10:19

Trucks desparately need Scharfenberg-like 3-axis automated couplers.
Some newbie driver

#10 Post by Some newbie driver » 13 Apr 2019 10:27

I don't think something like that would worth the developing investment and the installation and maintenance costs. I use to see trucks changing trailers (delivering one and gathering another) in just a few minutes. It's a very fast operation for experienced truckers. With trains that's different because they can be hundreds os meters long and with lots of connections between wagons. Automatic systems for them are a feature that gives lots of operational benefits and saves lots of time.

I think automatic trailer-truck couplings will be created the day fully automated trucks appear (like some companies say they want to develop). And I hope not to see this moment in my whole life.

Return to “Euro Truck Simulator 2”