Turkey pre-research tips (European part)

erkinalp

Re: Turkey pre-research tips (European part)

#61 Post by erkinalp » 08 Apr 2019 18:57

The tunnel is 4.2m tall, height clearance 3.4m, limited to 2.8m by gauge bars.
Shiva

#62 Post by Shiva » 09 Apr 2019 00:30

That 3,4metre height clearance is not enough.
You would get stuck with some trucks and you would be definitely be stuck with Krone semi Trailers. Height 4metres.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
masterlightning

#63 Post by masterlightning » 30 Apr 2019 20:28

Two other (quite major) things not to miss in Turkey just came through my mind while driving through France in-game..
  1. More than 99% of gas stations in Turkey are NOT self-service, therefore, there is always an attendant present who does the pumping and accepts the payment at the pump. At the same time, your license number is also registered at the station by the attendant, but that probably has no real in-game value. So would be nice to see someone next to the pump while stopping at a petrol station :)

And seeing a few rare (at least outside of Turkey) "classic car" finds especially in the countryside, where they are most often found today, would also be very nice:

One of the most popular of these "old-style" cars built in Turkey is the Renault 12 Toros, which was also available as Station Wagon and looks like this:

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

It was changed a bit over the years, but not really that much. Note that most of these cars are white in color, which is still today the most popular color for cars in Turkey. Back in the day this model was also a popular car in Romania, called the Dacia 1300/1310 there.

Another popular car is the Renault 9 "Broadway"; also almost extinct in Europe outside of Turkey:

It first looked like this..
[ external image ]

.. and was later changed to this - the late Broadway model, with its distinctive taillights, sold all the way into the 21st century:
[ external image ]

But no journey to Turkey would be complete without seeing the Turkish Fiat 131 -and later on Fiat Regata look-alike - the Tofaş Şahin / Doğan and the station wagon counterpart, Tofaş Kartal :D

Şahin / Doğan look almost the same from the outside:

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Renault remains (together with Fiat) one of the most popular car brands in Turkey and so do sedans in general, and today you will see a lot of Fiat Tipo (or Egea as it is called in TR) and its predecessor the Linea or Renault Fluence and Symbol.
masterlightning

#64 Post by masterlightning » 01 May 2019 20:04

One important thing about industry in Turkish Thrace (if excluding İstanbul) is that most of it is concentrated to a certain area: On the stretch of road (D-100, see Gmaps satellite view) starting at Lüleburgaz centre and and continuing to the district centre of Çorlu, there are a lot of different factories (ranging from Textile to Glass (Trakya Cam e.g.), Metal Processing, Food (oil, ice cream), appliances, pharmaceuticals just literally along the highway - Would be nice to see that in-game :) The industrial areas then also continue from Çorlu to Çerkezköy.

One other thing which would add to realism while driving in Turkey would be this:
  • When entering a new province (the map of the KGM / Turkish General Directorate of Highways should be the reference here, "il sınırı" means provincial border) on main roads (state highway D-100 and motorway O-3, for instance), there are signs announcing the new province, just like these:

Provincial limits of İstanbul / leaving Tekirdağ on the O-3 motorway: (btw another example of concrete ditches visible here)

[ external image ]

Leaving Tekirdağ province and entering Kırklareli province on the D-100 - Note that on this picture, you can also clearly see these orange signs, which indicate that another Highway Directorate Road Maintenance District begins here - on the KGM map I linked earlier these are marked as "KGM bölge sınırı" - Really interesting stuff that they actually indicate their maintenance districts :D

[ external image ]
Shiva

#65 Post by Shiva » 02 May 2019 00:21

masterlightning, cheers :)
Do you know what the progress is on Otoyol 6?
Would be interesting to see how it progresses and how close it is to O-3 and E84.
I can not remember seeing that stuff, when I searched. Or does my memory fail me?
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
bytheali

#66 Post by bytheali » 10 May 2019 17:47

Tırsan And Kassbohrer Dlc Turkish Trailer
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
Road And Pave Stone
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Pavestone Trailer

[ external image ]
bytheali

#67 Post by bytheali » 10 May 2019 17:53

And Turkish Tipper Trailer

[ external image ]
Khafajah

#68 Post by Khafajah » 11 May 2019 07:26

Hey SCS!

Thank you very much to all of you on behalf of Turkey. You guys made us happy.

Firstly. I'll tell you a few special things.

1) Typical Turkish Trailer. 8x4 and adherent.

Trailer

[ external image ]

Trailer

[ external image ]

2) Decorated Webbed Cabin

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

3) Petrol Office and Opet Gas Station

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
AZGARWAFFLEZ55

#69 Post by AZGARWAFFLEZ55 » 11 May 2019 07:56

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmeN22Dgsfh/

i see this truck frequently
I LOVE TRUCKS WITH COLOURED STRIPES
OkanChetinkaya

#70 Post by OkanChetinkaya » 13 May 2019 19:37

Hi SCS !

Please add this road . The Road is most beatiful and famous single-lane road. Saray city is most Beatiful city in Thrace. Please add Saray city and this road :)
Attachments
Opera Anlık Görüntü_2019-05-13_222743_www.google.com.tr.png

Return to “Euro Truck Simulator 2”