Germany re-research tips

Dirk
SCS Software

Germany re-research tips

#1 Post by Dirk » 18 Jan 2019 15:27

Hello everybody!

As you know, GERMANY rebuild project is currently ongoing - and we can use your knowledge about parts we didn't rebuild yet.

Also if we missed something really important, post it here please. Unfortunately it can be really easy to miss some key spots.
We can judge only from what we read or see, while those who live there, have driven there or visited there, can point us towards some famous truck stops, interesting landmark, points of interest etc.

So we'd appreciate any tips which could be helpful for us and that could easily work with in-game mechanics. Try to keep in mind that we're interested in places connected with trucks and roads. So if you have some tips, we'd be grateful.
Don't be shy to add photos / videos of said locations (in better quality, so our graphics can use them as pattern).

Cheers! [ external image ]
schwedentrucker_09

Re: Germany re-research tips

#2 Post by schwedentrucker_09 » 18 Jan 2019 15:29

I have a little thing:
If I remember correctly, the famous part of the A7, "Kasseler Berge" isn't included in the original map. So, would be really cool too see it after Germany rework. :)
doktorpixel14

#3 Post by doktorpixel14 » 18 Jan 2019 15:49

It would be cool to see more truck plants in the game. You could add MB Trucks plant in Wörth am Rhein (you could make it a part of Karlsruhe) and MAN in München. And don't forget to continue A5 to the south or rework at least the 'intersection' with A8. It would also be cool to see a larger chemical plant in Mannheim/Ludwigshafen as a parody of BASF and more car plants, e.g. in Wolfsburg, Ingolstadt, Rastatt ... It is almost a shame that there are big car plants in the new DLC area but none in Germany. :)
I talked to Pavel - don't have questions anymore ... 8-)

Admin of the Truck Simulator Wiki and translator, as well as part of the FSG 1:1 map team

Interactive ETS2 wiki map with cities, ferry lines and achievements
AlexXX

#4 Post by AlexXX » 18 Jan 2019 17:15

It would be nice to rebuild the section of the road from Duisburg to Calais. I know that this is also a project over other countries that probably get rebuilded after Germany is done.
Actually this road that is represented in the game is a motorway in real live. It would also open up the connection for new cities to join those countries.

Reference from Google Maps: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Calais, ... 51.4344079

Ingame: https://imgur.com/a/6cS6sRJ
AntoniojMG

#5 Post by AntoniojMG » 18 Jan 2019 17:44

I know it will not matter, but it would be great if in the reconstruction of Germany the legendary Nürburgring circuit was included, it has nothing to do with trucks and others, but it is usually a place of concentration of trucks in the races of trucks, tests on trucks, etc ... even in more contained dimensions, as was done for example with the inclusion of the Tucson circuit in ATS.
B787

#6 Post by B787 » 18 Jan 2019 17:46

Maybe you could remove the small road in the north-east towards Rostock and place there the real motorway A20 between "Kreuz Uckermark" and Rostock.
Same would be nice for the road between Dresden and Leipzig and place the A14 from "Dreieck Nossen" to Leipzig which can also be connected to the A9. ;)
Carlos_

#7 Post by Carlos_ » 20 Jan 2019 01:05

I have some suggestions for the area near the Köhlbrandbrücke bridge and the port of Hamburg in general.

See the area marked in black:

[ external image ]
Google Maps Link

Since in the city of Hamburg in the game there are no container terminals, it would be interesting to have in the game the two terminals marked in green in the picture above (In IRL: EUROGATE and HHLA Container Terminal Burchardkai). Apparently they are already in the game:

[ external image ]

Terminal 1 / Terminal 2

The problem is that it is only as part of the landscape. As in real life we have several container terminals scattered around Hamburg, having 2 or even 3 terminals in the game would be a great addition.

Another suggestion is in relation to the Köhlbrandbrücke bridge. It was a great addition in the first phase of the update of Germany, but just being able to see the bridge and not being able to travel through it is really a pity.

[ external image ]
Google Maps Link

In real life, the bridge leads to several other charging terminals. In addition, there is considerable truck traffic:

Link to Video:
Street View 1

Street View 2

In the game we only have part of the bridge, it ends at a certain point with an "empty" and when walking in straight line with the free camera ends in the city of Hamburg:

Köhlbrandbrücke 1
Köhlbrandbrücke 2
Köhlbrandbrücke 3

Having access to terminals near the bridge would also be great:

[ external image ]
Google Maps Link

[ external image ]
Google Maps Link

In the game for example we have this terminal/industry with silos:

Terminal

Judging from the silos, it looks like the ADM terminal in real life:

Street View

Interesting link:

General Map of Hamburg Port - It is possible to filter the terminals by category (Container / Bulk Cargo / Multipupose-RoRo).
Last edited by Carlos_ on 05 Mar 2019 22:53, edited 9 times in total.
doktorpixel14

#8 Post by doktorpixel14 » 20 Jan 2019 12:13

BTW I'm not sure if you use it already, but since there is no Google StreetView in Germany you can alternatively use Mapillary and OpenStreetCam for street level imagery
I talked to Pavel - don't have questions anymore ... 8-)

Admin of the Truck Simulator Wiki and translator, as well as part of the FSG 1:1 map team

Interactive ETS2 wiki map with cities, ferry lines and achievements
Niklas1997

#9 Post by Niklas1997 » 22 Jan 2019 19:26

I've made some brainstorming about areas where I travelled along often. Not everything might be possible because of the map-scale, but first I wrote down everything that occurred to me.

I linked many of the following aspects on a map. So you can get a better overview, where they are located: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= ... 000069&z=7

Truck Stops:
  • A3: Autohof Strohofer (link to homepage) near the city "Geiselwind" seems to be a well known and huge rest area (my father told of it). You have to leave the motorway to reach it, but the rest area is directly beside the A3 exit "Geiselwind" (green petrol station symbol on map)

Possible companies:
  • Duisburg has the biggest inner harbour in Europe but it is not simulated yet. Eventually a "Container Port"-dock should be nice
  • Frankfurt has the fourth-biggest airport in Europe and the biggest airport in Germany. Eventually it could be an option to simulate it with a company dock west of the A5

Points of interest:
  • A5 near Frankfurt: The "Luftbrückendenkmal Frankfurt" is already in-game, but on the wrong position. It have to be south of the A3/A5-intersection "Frankfurter Kreuz"
  • A8 near Stuttgart: The motorway runs along the Airport and Exhibition Hall of Stuttgart. Above the motorway is a car park
  • A8 between "Inntal-Dreieck" (A8/A93) and the Austrian border [south-east of München]: The motorway runs along the "Chiemsee"
  • A8 between "München" and "Inntal-Dreieck" (A8/A93) [south-east of München]: Irschenberg - a significant grade/down-grade
  • A1/A2 intersection north-east of Dortmund: There you can find a helicopter as a sculpture in the intersection "Kamener Kreuz"

Cities:
  • Nürnberg is presently located right of the A9 in-game. But this is wrong. The city have to be left of the motorway A9

Motorways / suggestions for changes at the road network:
  • A9/A3 nord-east of Nürnberg: The intersection "Kreuz Nürnberg" has the feature that you can stay on the "main track" to go from the A9 (Nürnberg-München) to A3 (Nürnberg-Frankfurt) an vice versa
  • A9 between Nürnberg and München: There isn't a tunnel on the hole distance (presently there is a tunnel in-game)
  • A9/A99 north-east of München: The A9 ends in München. To change on the A99 (east- and westbound) you have the leave the A9 at the intersection "Kreuz München-Nord" (like for the A99 to Salzburg presently). At this intersection is also a POI (football stadium "Allianz Arena") and the landscape is more flat than now
  • A8 between München and Salzburg: The A8 is a 3-lane-motorway between München and the Inntal-Dreieck (A8/A93). Presently it is a 2-lane-motorway in-game. But only the section between Inntal-Dreieck and the border (Germany/Austria) is a two-lane-motorway
  • A8/A99 east of München: 'Separate' them with "Kreuz München-Süd" (?)
  • A45 west of Dortmund: This motorway is not directly connected with the A1 in the north-west of Dortmund. A intersection A45/A1 is located in the south of Dortmund ("Westhofener Kreuz"). Otherwise there is a intersection A2/A45 north-west of Dortmund (Kreuz Dortmund-Nordwest) (?)

Others:
  • I personally live in the Ruhr-Area (area around Duisburg/Dortmund/Düsseldorf in-game). Presently the area seems to be too mountainous in-game - especially between Dortmund and Duisburg. Because of the huge density of cities and motorways I think it is hard to simulate it in-game. Also the landmarks depends on the roads that are intended there so it is hard to specify tips. But for example you can see two former coal mines with their shaft towers along the A2 west of Dortmund on a distance of ~20km (not build in-game). Futhermore you can find chimneys here and there and also the A40 is a very well known motorway. It is famous because of its traffic jams. The motorway begins in Dortmund, runs through the city of Essen before it reaches the city of Duisburg. After Duisburg the motorway across the river "Rhein" and runs to the dutch border. A nice POI west of Duisburg should be the bridge "Rheinbrücke Neuenkamp" (limited to 40t; rebuild is planned). But we don't have only cities, motorways and industries - here are also green areas ;D All in all: If you have plans for the Ruhr-Area and if you need some specific information then I can give you more of them.

As I said in the beginning these points are only some "wild" ideas. I know about the restrictions because of the scale that may exclude some of the points ^^ When I have new ideas, I write them down here in this thread :)
schwedentrucker_09

#10 Post by schwedentrucker_09 » 23 Jan 2019 17:54

Lets show some places:

Maybe, the Autohof Hamburg Süd, better known as "Autohof Rade" could be a nice little spot. Its famous at truckspotters, because a lot of trucks which drive Holland - Scandinavia rest their.
https://www.google.de/maps/place/Autoho ... d9.8011865

Also the "Emstunnel" at the A28 between Bremen and Groningen could be reworked a little bit. In Reallife, you have a country road which passes it above and goes to Emden. You also have some exites to Leer, Jemgum and Emden. And the Highway Police has their Office next to it. There you will find resting Special Transports at the weekend, because they have some parking spots for trucks.
https://www.google.de/maps/place/Emstun ... d7.4039524

Soo, a few little things from me and my home-region. :D

Return to “Euro Truck Simulator 2”