Pre-research NOTICE BOARD

Carthoo

Re: Pre-research NOTICE BOARD

#11 Post by Carthoo » 08 Apr 2019 12:06

As you mentioned, our scale would make Malta absolutely minimal - not to say that there isn't truck industry/ transportation there (truck and trailer I mean). So I wouldn't count with Malta in game.
Last edited by supersobes on 15 Apr 2019 18:20, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed quote [Forum rule 2.4]
Fluent in a few languages, sarcasm and irony included. /truth on - currently overloaded, sorry for not answering your PMs - will do so once I got some time

"I can confirm by denial. What's your superpower?"
LAFAYET47

#12 Post by LAFAYET47 » 08 Apr 2019 13:13

have a question, why there isnt any UK re-research topic? I found the Germany one, but anything for the UK. I think its the only country missing :P
Carthoo

#13 Post by Carthoo » 08 Apr 2019 13:45

Already replied a few times :) As with every "trial/ experiment", first we need to see how much resourced Germany rebuild needed - so when/ if we start rebuild for something else, we'll know what to ask for. Also we won't know unless we decide what form the rebuild should have.
Fluent in a few languages, sarcasm and irony included. /truth on - currently overloaded, sorry for not answering your PMs - will do so once I got some time

"I can confirm by denial. What's your superpower?"
Pan Logistica

#14 Post by Pan Logistica » 11 Apr 2019 13:10

That's uhhh... a good point actually. This probably would have been a nice thread to check a few days ago.

Don't mind me casually walking out of here...
Last edited by supersobes on 15 Apr 2019 18:21, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed quote [Forum rule 2.4]
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#15 Post by Mohegan13 » 11 Apr 2019 13:36

Unlike other countries (and even as a Brit I would rather you do Benelux first any way) the UK also has the scale issue.

Do they do a rework like Germany, or do they do a complete rebuild and match scale with the rest of the game? If they do a rework it would take several updates (and hopefully include more cities in Scotland/Wales). If they did a rebuild at the new scale, we could lose Manchester, much less of a chance of seeing new cities in said areas, and obviously the wait would be much longer as they would have to do it all internally and release the whole of GB as one.

Personally I favour a Germany style rework as it offers more options for GB expansion which it really needs.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Pan Logistica

#16 Post by Pan Logistica » 11 Apr 2019 17:07

Mohegan13 wrote: 11 Apr 2019 13:36Unlike other countries the UK also has the scale issue.
At the current point I figure it probably makes sense from a developer viewpoint to stick with the current scale. That would give an Ireland and northern Scotland DLC enough meat to it to be released as its own thing, where that would be kind of questionable at the smaller scale. It also makes that DLC a bigger job, but some of the extra effort that goes into that is saved on the other side by not having to redevelop the UK map to fit the 1:19 scale (you have to spend more to make less, that's never a good deal). (Those two go together just like the Italia DLC and redesign, fixing base Britain makes it more inviting to buy the DLC that will send you traveling through base Britain a lot.) By keeping the weird scaling more portions of the map will survive with minimal changes. It's never pretty when a flagship product still shows the limps from its humble beginnings, but in this case there's a good case to be made for it.
Dirk
SCS Software

#17 Post by Dirk » 17 Apr 2019 14:55

Hey everybody,
It's been a while since you last heard from me, so I guess It's time for a quick update 8-)

First of all I want to thank you again for all the things you are doing here.
From every post we learn something new and that in turn let us make things better and feel more realistic.

Another great research and example of something we need, is Greece research by ISNY (with honorable mention of dahaka and many others ;) )

Anyway, generally speaking there are things we would like to see more of and things we would like to see less.

Things to see more of:
  • Interesting landmarks beside a road (most of the landmark suggestions we see here are in towns, and there is only so much space for them) that also includes famous reststops/truckstops or gas stations.
  • More detailed information about import, export and truck cargo in general (we see it now and again, but nothing too detailed. Is this country the largest exporter of gummy worms in the world? Are there several large factories near highway? We are sold! )
  • Detailed information about emergency vehicles. (We've seen some of this, but it would be great to have a complete list for each potential country)
  • more info about licence plates (for both cars and trucks) in different countries (how they are made, what sets them apart from other countries etc. also don't just post a wikipedia article without any explanation, we can find that kind of info ourselves ;) )
  • Any official documentation on roads, road markings, traffic signs, traffic lights or anything of the sort, would be greatly appreciated!
Things to see less of:
  • Random links and photos without any explanation whatsoever (it could be something actually interesting to us, and this way we might just completely miss it)
  • Questions about releasing full map for a given state. We simply can't do that for various reasons, but most importantly I would like to point those people asking to the disclaimer saying :arrow: "Please be aware, that states listed here mean absolutely no promise of what's the next DLC or what states will come first."
  • Trying to push through your hometown, or any small state, island or anything that just wouldn't work with our scale. (We wouldn't love anything more than having this detailed world with every little island, town and village, but that's just not possible. So let's try to be realistic guys okay? :) )
  • Asking if the information are sufficient, or if that's enough stuff researched for given state. (There is just never enough information! We might think we know all there is to it and then out of nowhere we learn something new and important.)

Also I would like to add a quick peek into our workflow, so you can maybe better understand how to help us the most.

When working on the next state, first things are obviously roads and cities. We pick and adjust them in dependence to each other. Meaning, we know we want this largest highway in the country, this city because it's the largest exporter of coal in the region, this smaller road because its landscape is iconic to the given country etc. etc.
In the end we end up with a spider of road network.
After that we need to pick industries specific for the given state. Some of them we already anticipated and picked the cities because od them, some we need to find in cities we picked for different reasons.
When every industry is picked, that's where the real fun begins, we need to find more detailed information about the lot of them. Including how their production, import and export work.
There are some more steps in the process, but for the sake of minimizing the confusion I will exclude them for now.

That's pretty much it, I hope I'll see more stuff from you guys soon. Also if you have any questions feel free to ask in this topic.
cheers [ external image ]
krmarci

#18 Post by krmarci » 11 May 2019 06:08

Should I make a Hungary re-research topic? As Romania is coming, there might be some useful information about the connecting roads in Hungary.
Dirk
SCS Software

#19 Post by Dirk » 13 May 2019 08:33

Well Carthoo already explained how it is with other re-researches (it's like six posts above in this topic actually)
If your concern is connection of roads from Romania to Hungary, you can post about it in Romania research topic ;)
swetrucker

#20 Post by swetrucker » 14 Jul 2019 16:19

Hi! =) I didn't find any "Scandinavia re-visit topic" so I wrote my suggestion in the mega thread. But since I came across this topic I post it here also. Hope its ok!
I drive along the E4 in Sweden a lot myself so I just wanted to share some of my personal suggestion of stuff to add along that road.

I think you should consider to add "Truck Stop Ljungby" in the near future. It was Swedens largest truck stop when it was built, year 2017 - so it is at least one of the largest truck stops in Sweden. =)

http://www.truckstopljungby.se/trucksto ... y-eng.html
For Google translate reading (Swedish article): https://www.smalanningen.se/article/tru ... i-ljungby/

Incidentally, I just also want to add that I think it would be interesting with some more scenery (buildings) between Jönköping and Huskvarna especially along the Vättern shore (Huskvarna is the eastern side of Jönköping - actually another city merged with Jönköping). There is also a large shopping center called A6 Outlet, and right before there is a bridge with the A6 Outlet sign passing right above the E4. Very iconic!

---

Great game! =)

Return to “Euro Truck Simulator 2”