Pre-research NOTICE BOARD

Dirk
SCS Software

Pre-research NOTICE BOARD

#1 Post by Dirk » 31 Jan 2019 14:42

Hello there.
First I want to thank you all, for all your contributions - you're doing an amazing job and we appreciate your work. We are trying our best to get through the sheer amount of data you gathered, but it will definitely take some time.
Other than thanks, I would like to give you some tips and pointers of my own, which would ease our work when gathering info from all your posts. We'd be very grateful if you follow these:

1) When speaking about any kind of place, even if you post a screenshot of google streetview, always at the same time include a link to it. It just gets tedious trying to find the place.

2) Similary, if possible always include source links to any kind of info you post - we might even find a little bit of extra info that way!
(also when posting a picture of a car, please tell us what model it is. Believe it or not, but we don't always instantly know it just by looking at the car :lol: )

3) We know all of you guys like promods, they're doing a fantastic work! But that's just another reason not to copy it. We are making things our own way and from the scratch. Please try to keep that in mind.

4) I've seen a lot of "don'ts". "Don't use this sign" "Don't include this road" No matter how strong you feel about it, we still need a reason. Is the sign outdated? Doesn't the road allow trucks? We need to know! (the same goes for the "include this road/sign/other")

If you aren't sure what should and shouldn't be included, do check this topic - jackalnxt did a really nice job with Bulgaria as I don't have pretty much anything bad to say about it. viewtopic.php?f=249&t=267666

That would be all from me, and once again, thank you so much for all of your contribution! It helps us so much!
schwedentrucker_09

Re: Pre-research NOTICE BOARD

#2 Post by schwedentrucker_09 » 31 Jan 2019 18:45

No Problem. We all want to help you! :)
jackalnxt

#3 Post by jackalnxt » 31 Jan 2019 22:04

Everyone else is like "Here is this incredibly beautiful part of my country / Here is this very scenic part of my country.", meanwhile I'm out here going "Here is what needs to be spray-painted over this city limits sign and don't forget that it needs to be bent over". :lol: Glad to see that you guys liked it.
ISNY

#4 Post by ISNY » 19 Feb 2019 20:28

Hi Dirk!

Thank you for your appreciation of the help we are trying to give. And I hope it is really helpful.
As you understand, we all have the expectation of seeing our country as the next DLC. And our expectation is growing because we see your work on maps (not just on maps of course) getting better over time, so we expect a realistic and detailed job and to it.
As I see in other forums, all countries are full of beauties. I really hope that the material we send is useful.
Most of us have a relationship with transports and in real life, drivers, engineers, logistics workers, and so on, so we can say that you tend to touch the reality. We have loved this game since the first day of release in 2012. Also, personally, I also had the ETS "1" of 2008.
Continue the excellent job, we will support it, everyone in his own way. :)

Greetings to all from Hellas
Plum

#5 Post by Plum » 23 Mar 2019 23:56

Hi apologies if this was the wrong place to ask, but am I or someone else allowed to open a topic for the UK pre research? I understand from live-streams from scs and the blog that you’re planning on rebuilding the UK at some point and I have quite a few suggestions. If it is not possible no problem. I just wanted to share my idea.
Many thanks
Plum
Promods Developer
Some newbie driver

#6 Post by Some newbie driver » 24 Mar 2019 14:12

Hello Plum

SCS has said that eventually they will rework UK map, indeed.

But that's a long term project; it has started with Germany map (the older one) and it goes by stages. Hopefully, we could see a new part of this re-model of Germany with the 1.35 update. That's the reason there exist a pre-research topic for Germany but not for UK or some other countries on central Europe (part of basic game map). I'm sure that when SCS will start to do the preliminary work for UK map changes, they will open here the appropriate topic.
Plum

#7 Post by Plum » 24 Mar 2019 23:13

Thanks for the reply, I will wait for it to open then
Promods Developer
natjer3

#8 Post by natjer3 » 07 Apr 2019 16:59

@Dirk, I have opened a pre-research topic about Malta. I didn't ask a developer to do so. Is it a problem?

Thanks
Dirk
SCS Software

#9 Post by Dirk » 08 Apr 2019 07:47

Hey,
yeah that's fine with me, just keep in mind that nothing discussed here is promised to be in the game.
(But due to the scale of the game, it would be difficult to add something as small as Malta)
natjer3

#10 Post by natjer3 » 08 Apr 2019 08:19

Thanks for replying,
About the scale I think the scale would have to be changed for Malta as it is too small for 1:20 (just like what had to be done for Sicily). To put you into perspective, the main island is only 24 km long in real life. In fact the ETS2 map is larger than Malta

Return to “Euro Truck Simulator 2”