Traffic rules

Some newbie driver

Re: Traffic rules

#31 Post by Some newbie driver » 12 Jan 2020 10:44

What @MandelSoft explains (traffic lights on the left side of multiple lane roads), in the case of Spain (probably in lots os other countries) is not just to help the signals visibility but it has a meaning and its placement is mandatory.

On multiple lanes roads on Spain, the signal placed next to the right shoulder ONLY APPLIES to the rightmost lane. The other lanes follow the rules of the signals placed next to the left shoulder. And that applies to ANY signal, included traffic lights.

There's a clear example near where I work and that affected another co-worker. There's an speed radar on a 2-lane per direction road, and a 60km/h signal a few meters before. My colleague received a fine of that radar because he was driving near 80km/h. But a lawyer helped him to cancel the fine because in the image is clear he was driving on the left side of the road and the left 60km/h signal on that place was missing for a lot of time (only the right one was in place). So, in fact, legally he was allowed to drive up to 80km/h in that point of the road. Road maintenance installed the missing signal several months later; in the meantime, anybody who knows well that law detail could avoid those speed fines (if they were caught driving on the left lane)

I don't expect SCS to start adding different speed limits per-lane (neither I see real utility for the game); but in sake of realism when they model Iberia, those signals must be put there because they aren't an over-signaling just in case, they have a meaning.

Regards
tobrago

#32 Post by tobrago » 12 Jan 2020 13:14

@MandelSoft I understand you well, but I'm telling you that in the real world it's not how you, I want it. :)
Google translator | Greetings and cheers | Keep truckin'

[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]

Discord: tobrago#1504

Everything will be okay in the end, and if it`s not okay, it`s not the end.
dsf.fernando

#33 Post by dsf.fernando » 24 Jan 2020 11:08

https://www.tsf.pt/portugal/economia/pr ... 53098.html
In Portugal, Trucks carrying dangerous goods cannot be driven on Sundays
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
Holzauge

#34 Post by Holzauge » 24 Jan 2020 11:19

No trucks above 7,5t allowed on Sundays in Germany. ("Sonntagsfahrverbot"). Would be great to see in the game. Main transit country in Europe blocked one day of the week... :mrgreen:
VDMA
Reinhard

#35 Post by Reinhard » 24 Jan 2020 11:52

There a "much less trucks" on the road on Sundays, in Germany. Not "no trucks". You have to pay a fee, and to do some paperwork, to get an exemption.
Holzauge

#36 Post by Holzauge » 24 Jan 2020 12:16

It's not that easy. There are quite a few limitations and then the paperwork begins...
VDMA
dsf.fernando

#37 Post by dsf.fernando » 19 Feb 2020 12:05

License plates in Portugal from 1998 to 2020
[ external image ]

Portugal will return to the 1992-97 license plate model. note that trailers never had the stripe on their license plates.
[ external image ]

K, W and Y, not featured previously, are going to be featured in license plates starting in 2020.

https://centrotv.pt/ja-conhece-as-novas-matriculas/
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
joschac2

#38 Post by joschac2 » 19 Feb 2020 14:00

We need one of these in the ATS public research, Each state has thier own Rules
Martin_M_

#39 Post by Martin_M_ » 09 Apr 2020 12:38

Norway has a lot of "right rule" instead of yielding for traffic from all directions. This is non exsistant in the game today.. Meaning, on roads with speedlimit 60km/h or slower, you're supposed to give way to traffic comming from intersections to your right, if there's no signs that says otherwise.
Esproquet

#40 Post by Esproquet » 18 Aug 2020 07:07

Some newbie driver wrote: 12 Jan 2020 10:44 So, in fact, legally he was allowed to drive up to 80km/h in that point of the road. Road maintenance installed the missing signal several months later; in the meantime, anybody who knows well that law detail could avoid those speed fines (if they were caught driving on the left lane)
2 things:
[ external image ]

1- Notice how sometimes vertical signs have a smaller size because of space constrictions, in this case they increased the road lanes and run out of space for a regular 90 km/h speed limit sign in the median.

2- Can I go in the middle lane at 110 km/h and avoid fines?

Return to “Euro Truck Simulator 2”