Traffic rules

Some newbie driver

Re: Traffic rules

#21 Post by Some newbie driver » 29 Dec 2019 13:03

In Spain it happens something similar of what @Motorsheep said about entrance into towns. But with a difference: no local or regional authority can decide on it's own to increase the speed limit on the roads crossing a city/town. Their max speed will be ever 50km/h for regular city streets (that includes roads crossing urban zones) or 80km/h if they are some kind of "fast roads" physically separated from the city surrounding (like with fences or walls that doesn't allow pedestrians to cross those roads). Recently politicians are talking about to reduce the max speed allowed on single lane and single direction streets to 30km/h; but so far still not applied neither it should affect ETS2.

So, if there's a signal of limited speed above the signal of "entering urban zone" here; either it's the normal speed (and the signal is just for extra remembering) or the sign will mark a LOWER speed limit (lots of towns have it at 40km/h on secondary roads).

Regards
natjer3

#22 Post by natjer3 » 03 Jan 2020 23:39

In Malta, we have pretty slow speed limits. This is due due to the absence of highways. We only have 'bypasses'. These go maximum 60km/h. The highest speed limit here is 80 km/h. These bypasses are connected by roundabouts. Malta has A LOT OF ROUNDABOUTS. The main difference between the rest of Europe when it comes to driving, is driving on the left and using RHD cars. When it comes down to traffic lights, there are cases where you can go straight or turn right/left. In that case you have a turn right/left only lane with differently sequenced traffic lights (just like you find in ATS). This is something pretty rare in ETS2.
0svis

#23 Post by 0svis » 10 Jan 2020 22:43

In Lithuania we got free right turn arrows [ external image ] which gives you priority to turn right, something familiar to USA, but things got complicated since it has got replaced by "turn right" sections, familiar to earlier post about Poland, more complicated it got like a few days ago, when arrows got bringed back, for most important interchanges.
Playing ETS2 as buyed since 1.16 as hacked (I DO NOT SUPPORT CRACKING OR ANYTHING ELSE DOWNLOADING ILLEGAL A GAMES, SUPPORT DEVELOPERS) since 1.10
Playing ATS since 1.28
Holzauge

#24 Post by Holzauge » 11 Jan 2020 08:34

Green arrows exist in Germany, too. A relic from the GDR. Works similar to the US. (Or should, if you see people using it IRL... :roll: )

Another thing for Germany (Austria and Switzerland similar as far as I know): "Rechtsfahrgebot" (obligation to drive on the right). If more than one lane is available, you have to use the rightmost lane if possible. Other lanes are for overtaking. Furthermore no overtaking allowed on the right, unless there is dense traffic. Not valid in cities, towns etc.
VDMA
Some newbie driver

#25 Post by Some newbie driver » 11 Jan 2020 11:50

German "Rechtsfahrgebot" is also aplied in Spanish drive rules... but nobody cares about it :roll:

I'm sick of finding people ignoring it every single day I took my car; people driving at 100km/h on the third from four lanes on a highway, with nobody on the firsts two. People moving to left lanes because there's a truck 500m in front and so on... :evil:
Holzauge

#26 Post by Holzauge » 11 Jan 2020 11:57

Same here. Center lane crowded. Right lane: Trucks, if any... Maybe people assume right lane is the truck lane... :D
VDMA
MandelSoft
Beta tester

#27 Post by MandelSoft » 11 Jan 2020 13:12

What has always bothered me is the way how traffic lights are placed in the game on 2x2 roads. In the game, not only are the traffic lights placed way too close to the stop line (usually there should be 4 meters or more space between them, like here), but also they are only placed on the right side of the road only, which means that when you're on the left lane, the traffic light can be blocked from your sight, so you don't see when the traffic light turns green. This is actually something that hinders gameplay and it's actually not realistic. In reality, we solve this problem by placing a traffic light on the left as well, so that the left lane has a clear, unhindered view on the traffic lights. Here are a few examples:

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.0340452 ... 312!8i6656
https://www.google.com/maps/@50.0921363 ... 312!8i6656
https://www.google.com/maps/@45.7475654 ... 312!8i6656
https://www.google.com/maps/@52.3987721 ... 312!8i6656
https://www.google.com/maps/@51.210618, ... 312!8i6656

Only in the Baltic DLC and the Scandinavia DLC, you have this traffic light on the left side, but in the older parts of the map, including the reworked part of Germany, you don't have these lights, but most of the old map countries should have these lights. It would improve gameplay quite a bit :D
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.
tobrago

#28 Post by tobrago » 11 Jan 2020 13:55

@MandelSoft It's not like you wrote in real life. If we want to get closer to the real world. Looking on the other hand, if there is a traffic light on the left side, then better traffic safety. However, I am in favor of more realities so SCS is well applied to the game.
Google translator | Greetings and cheers | Keep truckin'

[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]

Discord: tobrago#1504

Everything will be okay in the end, and if it`s not okay, it`s not the end.
Bandit & The Snowman

#29 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 11 Jan 2020 14:17

@MandelSoft is right, if there are two or more lanes per direction, the leftmost lane has a traffic light too. Possibly there is an additional gantry with traffic lights for the two rightmost lanes, same if the crossing is in an area with a higher speed limit than 50 km/h.
MandelSoft
Beta tester

#30 Post by MandelSoft » 11 Jan 2020 21:41

@tobrago Read my post again, because you may have gotten the wrong message. What you suggest is exactly what I mentioned. There is a traffic light next to the left-most lane in real life, but in the game this is often missing, and I would like to see that traffic light appear in the game, because that would actually have a positive effect on gameplay.
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Return to “Euro Truck Simulator 2”