[AI GENERIC] Fire truck looks update

plykkegaard

Re: [AI GENERIC] Fire truck looks update

#12 Post by plykkegaard » 13 Feb 2021 09:04

Denmark, please the black/white coloring on the weels

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
SiSL
SCS Software

#13 Post by SiSL » 13 Feb 2021 09:46

Turkey: Every city's fire department is under "municipality" so all of them having municipality name written. So there is no generic one type of design that is common....

Hwoever... I can help with generic design when times comes. Numbers recently changed to 112 with special logo http://www.hudutgazetesi.com/files/news ... d274e8.jpg

Here is designs for Istanbul Fire department: http://itfaiye.ibb.gov.tr/tr/araclarimiz.html

Istanbul ones written İTFAİYE backwards and forwards https://cagingazetesi.com.tr/wp-content ... mW2497.jpg

Rest ıs lıke this usually https://fastly.4sqi.net/img/general/600 ... nl__8I.jpg

Back https://www.umke.org/images/resize/95/6 ... _h5518.jpg

Edirne Equipment and trucks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6Mt7vuRLZA
Some newbie driver

#14 Post by Some newbie driver » 13 Feb 2021 10:04

Kraake wrote: 12 Feb 2021 10:01Thing we are interested in are colour variants of fire trucks for each of our already released countries in ETS2.
Hi Kraake. I understand that on SCS maybe don't have time to model so many different trucks. Or maybe you don't want to include (still) rigid trucks of the major companies to avoid some claims regarding rigids to be playable (what can be prevented using minor truck brands as you already did with dumper AI rigid trucks). Whatever, it's unfortunate that you don't want to add new fire truck models because, as you can see in almost all the images we provide, the actual Denis and Tatra the game has aren't the most common examples of firetrucks all over Europe, not at all.

I hope you could reconsider that point and leverage that change you are going to do to add into the game a more generic fire truck. As you only depict them in urban areas if I'm not wrong; then the look of a generic truck of that king might have:
- A long double cabin, but with the same major traits of the regular trucks cabins beyond the emergency lights and paint scheme (in opposite of the very specific look and shape that Denis ones have or the more specialized cabins of non-urban focused fire trucks)
- A 4x2 chassis of low height and shot wheel-base; usually similar to light delivery trucks. Urban-focused fire trucks must be able to arrive to every small street and don't need AWD capabilities, on the contrary of the Tatra.
- Several rolling shutters al around the utility zones in the back so the firemen could reach fast an easily all their equipment.
- Of course, some ladders and hoses in the upper side, where they put the big stuff.

Something like that, that match lots of the images already provided, will match in almost any city you already had in the game map, even if the brand and model doesn't (nobody should expect you match that at all, considering the enormous variety there exist). The actual Denis, of course, still has its place mostly in UK and the Tatra in your country and near others, specially in cities near mountainous zones OR near airports. As you can see in the next pictures, that's the usual urban firetruck also in Spain:

Madrid fire trucks:
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Barcelona fire trucks:
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

In this webpage I found people that had even created 3D models of all kind of service vehicles for Barcelona that seem free to download: https://barcelonamod.jimdofree.com/unid ... barcelona/

Valencia Fire trucks:
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Sevilla fire trucks:
[ external image ]

Santiago de Compostela fire trucks:
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Bilbao fire trucks:
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

I included too examples of the different CCAA of Spain where different official languages are used, so you can see how the fire and rescue services are named in there.

Regards
plykkegaard

#15 Post by plykkegaard » 13 Feb 2021 10:31

... and please remove the airport crash tender from AI traffic at least reduce it to a bare minimum
The crash tender are seldom used outside the airport eg fighting fires in large tanks in industrial areas, it is not ment for "casual" driving on public roads :)

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
danbywinby

#16 Post by danbywinby » 13 Feb 2021 12:28

Agreed with @plykkegaard the airport fire truck should definitely be removed from the AI traffic. In fact I've just checked the base game files and its been removed from spawning at the 'random events' with the comment of 'old' so it makes no sense as to why its still in AI traffic

Also I agree with @Some newbie driver about the need for at least one other generic fire truck. I've just checked the game files and am amazed that there is only two different fire truck models currently in the game one being the 't815' (im guessing this is the airport one) and the other being the 'dagger'. Considering that you have worked very closely with Scania in the past and the Scania fire trucks seem to be very popular in Europe it makes sense to me for a Scania fire truck to be added to the game.
natvander
SCS Software

#17 Post by natvander » 13 Feb 2021 12:36

They’re actually not airport fire trucks (despite their appearance). They’re used for forest fires and where bulk water is required (among other uses).
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Some newbie driver

#18 Post by Some newbie driver » 13 Feb 2021 13:14

Natvander is right, those trucks are used on off-roads operations too, and in some special cases, not only on airports. What I said is that the Tatra model could still be spawned anywhere near an airport and it will not seem out of place (apart of the other uses they had) so, there's no need to get rid of it because it's not outdated or missplaced. It has still a fair use in the traffic spawn (it's similar too to the kind of Russian and Belarus trucks other player has shown previously in the thread), but the lack of a more regular truck makes the apparition of this one too weird. IRL we can see one of those from time to time, and hundred of times "regular" fire trucks. In the game that doesn't happen.

@danbywinby I doubt they will want to depict rigid trucks of none of the current brands we can drive. People would probably jump to their necks claiming for those trucks to be playable too in the form of the so much awaited rigids. But that could be solved making those trucks from minor companies like they had done with the small 4x2 or 6x4 dump trucks there's on the AI traffic. And once we got the playable rigids they will be free to add them as other kind of AI trucks without had to bear the uproar of the people.

Regards
plykkegaard

#19 Post by plykkegaard » 13 Feb 2021 13:25

Thanks, never seen those in Denmark, we have something like this
Maybe a new thread to collect ideas for general purpose fire trucks?

[ external image ]

danbywinby

#20 Post by danbywinby » 13 Feb 2021 13:33

natvander wrote: 13 Feb 2021 12:36 They’re actually not airport fire trucks (despite their appearance). They’re used for forest fires and where bulk water is required (among other uses).
Oh. So they are water tankers, that makes more sense now. In that case then it would make more sense for them to spawn in rural areas like forests as opposed to cities.

Also it would be really cool to actually have forest fire type events in the game that would then allow these fire trucks to spawn at events and actually make sense rather than looking extremely out of place.

Return to “Euro Truck Simulator 2”