I found something in Hunting Unlimited 2010 you might be interested in.

NmanMETA

Re: I found something in Hunting Unlimited 2010 you might be interested in.

#11 Post by NmanMETA » 14 Oct 2021 22:43

I don't know if this is really of any help, but I think it's kinda cool-

I'm still poking around this game a bit, and in the local.def file (located in base/scripts/en), I found basically everything text-related within the UI. That included the available info when going through your trophies (kill zone, times shot, hunt time, etc.) and was interested to see that there was a category (that you normally can't see) called "Cheated".

This doesn't really tell us what cheats you can use in the console, but to me, this suggests that there's an available cheat line to kill all animals within a certain defined radius.

This isn't definitely what the cheat would look like, but it's the best thing I can formulate, it would go in the console like this: "/kill [species] [radius]"
by that logic, you could type "/kill [wtail] [1000]" and it would drop every white tail within a 1000 yard radius, leaving them taggable. Upon tagging them, I'd assume whatever cheat that was would trigger the CHEATED tag; the animal dying as a result of cheating, rather than being shot. I would guess that the indicator is whether the animal died without a wound; if it was not hit with a bullet or arrow, but died, assuming not cheats are involved, it would be untaggable. Since you would have tagged it without it being wounded, that tells the game you cheated (?). In truth, that's all a big guess, but what's important is it's something, and it's absolutely the best I can come up with.

As for cheats possible, I wouldn't know what commands to type, but I am certain there exists commands for killing and spawning animals, bullet damage, magazine/weapon capacity, bullet amount, and probably even for swapping textures. If you're familiar with the Nintendo DS, there was a little adapter called Action Replay, that used codes based on that exact funtionality-- everything in every game had a code address, putting them in the right order allowed you to swap textures, models, change their sizes and paths, all kinds of wacky stuff, logically speaking, the console you dug up, I can only image it functions similarly. It could function as a cheat and command console, who knows, but there's definitely more to that than we know, even so, I'll be tinkering with it until I find all of its secrets.
WE'RE *THIS* CLOSE!
IDMooseMan

#12 Post by IDMooseMan » 01 Nov 2021 19:05

I learn something new every day. I was unaware that SCS Software made hunting games. Are they still available?
Craig "IDMooseMan" Peters
SSgt, USAF, 1983 - 1992, 63170
To those that serve and have served, "Thank You", to those that haven't, "You're Welcome"
WoT Profile
Steam Profile
OKHI233

#13 Post by OKHI233 » 04 Nov 2021 08:06

Actually yes. Here's Hunting Unlimited 2010 on Steam. The publisher also re-published other Hunting Unlimited series games. But only earlier games of this series is made by SCS Software. 2011 is made by others...
garstas

#14 Post by garstas » 16 Apr 2022 06:49

Nice finds. I was curious what the "cheat" command actually does, so I have decompiled the game binary to see the actual code of the cheat callback. Found out the whole function for this command. So, basically, cheat command does nothing when called without arguments, and it only has 2 possible arguments:
- "cheat tiers" completes all your challenges with 3rd tier award (bronze or something)
- "cheat animals" shows all (rendered?) animals on the map

I've updated the wiki on tcrf.net and removed some of the TODO's.
EibeAxxt

#15 Post by EibeAxxt » 16 Apr 2022 20:21

garstas wrote: 16 Apr 2022 06:49 Nice finds. I was curious what the "cheat" command actually does, so I have decompiled the game binary to see the actual code of the cheat callback. Found out the whole function for this command. So, basically, cheat command does nothing when called without arguments, and it only has 2 possible arguments:
- "cheat tiers" completes all your challenges with 3rd tier award (bronze or something)
- "cheat animals" shows all (rendered?) animals on the map

I've updated the wiki on tcrf.net and removed some of the TODO's.
You just made my dreams come true man! I can't believe you managed to find the cheats, i guess it was really hard to do? Asking this question because i want to try and decompile other games as well! Also, how did you find the coords of the green trophy_room? Thank you!
garstas

#16 Post by garstas » 16 Apr 2022 21:05

EibeAxxt wrote: 16 Apr 2022 20:21 i guess it was really hard to do? Asking this question because i want to try and decompile other games as well! Also, how did you find the coords of the green trophy_room? Thank you!
Any decompiler + some programming skills and c++/asm experience and you are good to go :D . Not that hard, if you know what to do)

Starting points for each map are stored in landscape.start.sii in hex coordinates (for example &c3a66aed = around 330), so for trophy room there are only 2 points, plus you actually can see the second "island" in-game)
garstas

#17 Post by garstas » 17 Apr 2022 04:26

I've checked the python scripts scs provide for exporting models from their newer games, there are some significant changes to the game data formats like pmg, so there are no plug-n-play solutions here, I did small research on the HU2010 models format and I've exported some models with my own script. I think our best bet is on custom solutions here =\
image_2022-04-17_06-26-02.png
image_2022-04-17_06-17-05.png
NmanMETA

#18 Post by NmanMETA » 19 Apr 2022 18:14

garstas wrote: 17 Apr 2022 04:26 I've checked the python scripts scs provide for exporting models from their newer games, there are some significant changes to the game data formats like pmg, so there are no plug-n-play solutions here, I did small research on the HU2010 models format and I've exported some models with my own script. I think our best bet is on custom solutions here =\

image_2022-04-17_06-26-02.png
image_2022-04-17_06-17-05.png
You see, I like you, because you didn't way overcomplicate things like I did lol
WE'RE *THIS* CLOSE!
Tunahan_cevik41

#19 Post by Tunahan_cevik41 » 04 May 2022 13:58

That's incredible!
I was really surprised when I read it.
I didn't know that the game contains different chapters and easter eggs like this.
If you find more, please share it here.
I love you guys.
xehega

#20 Post by xehega » 09 Jun 2022 20:20

Enjoing game .I can spent many hours enjoying hunting thank you for this stuff, this is just an amazing looking thread.
good luck.

Return to “Hunting Unlimited Series”