Please help!!!! (Modding Tutorial)

BKASSASSIN

Please help!!!! (Modding Tutorial)

#1 Post by BKASSASSIN » 20 May 2015 17:38

I want to modding Hunting Unlimited, but i can't open (.pma .pmd .pmg) with blender. When i download addon it crashes. It is for only Euro Truck Simulator. Help me What i must do? (Sorry for my bad english :) :)
Reinhard

Re: Please help!!!! (Modding Tutorial)

#2 Post by Reinhard » 20 May 2015 21:05

First: I don't know the game. All I know is from this page: http://www.scssoft.com, where several versions of "hunting unlimited" games are listed.

[Edit: this link now points to different content, the old site is gone.]

But you say it uses the PMG/PMD format. Even if you are talking about the last one of these games, which I think is "Hunting Unlimited 2010" from year 2009, this will be different than the actual PMG/PMD format. That format has changed several times, over all these years. A PMG of 2009 has a different structure than a PMG of 2012. It changed even with ETS 2 version 1.4.

I don't think blender2scs will be able to import this correctly. Because it was written to support the PMG format of ETS 2, not for the older stuff, like you already said.

In those days the tool for working on SCS models was Zmodeler 2. But I know only of people using it for the truck games, not the hunting games. I have no idea how much was possible with Zmodeler 2, then, for your request, but I know that there where converts of hunting models to the truck world. Long ago, and whatever that means. Maybe it was tricky even then.

Conclusion: This will get difficult if you are not experienced in modding of older SCS games. In those days assistance by SCS for modding was almost non-existing, by the way. I don't think there are much people around here knowing much about it.
Last edited by Reinhard on 31 Jul 2021 08:21, edited 1 time in total.
long123

#3 Post by long123 » 06 Aug 2015 07:20

I don't think blender2scs will be able to import this correctly. Because it was written to support the PMG format of ETS 2, not for the older stuff, like you already said.
SHin2044

#4 Post by SHin2044 » 10 May 2016 23:12

Zmodeler 2 is about your best bet (the program that was popular for 18 WOS haulin which was around the same time frame)
NmanMETA

#5 Post by NmanMETA » 23 Nov 2021 19:43

SHin2044 wrote: 10 May 2016 23:12 Zmodeler 2 is about your best bet (the program that was popular for 18 WOS haulin which was around the same time frame)
Zmodeler 2 does indeed work, however you need the full version which is... tough to get today, and beyond that it's weird about exporting; you import an animal's model, it loads fine, then you export it after any edits. However, upon trying to re-import, I am generally hit with the "Out of Memory" treatment followed by closure of the app. Not sure what's happening there, but it's far from a non-issue for a modder like me.

Many of my endeavors to this point were helped greatly by the HU2010 Powerpack addon by ita at HUCorner, comparing the vanilla game with the modded version, then going based on that. And I've had some success editing the menus and such, adding animal slots, smaller edits. The work they did was damn good and in my eyes, taking it further is necessity. This game can be pushed pretty far, I know it can, it's all a matter of just finding tools that work for HU2010 specifically, which aren't exactly common, unfortunately.

As for modding, truthfully, I'm unsure what exactly you're after. If it's more animals, I'd be happy to send you a copy of my base.scs to poke around and see what I've done, I've done a lot of work with much less to show for it, but it's something. And to me it serves as proof that it's possible, I'm just... missing something.

The textures you mentioned, to my knowledge, the only ones you need to actually edit are the .dds files, the .tobj files serve as load paths (which textures to load), and the .pmd files dictate WHICH paths to load, for the animals these all go through the automat folders, though I'm unsure if they are necessary or not (I would assume so). If your idea is just some texture edits, you'll only need to edit the .dds files, which can be opened easily in Paint.NET and probably Photoshop or GIMP (I assume).

Maps are... trickier. The modpack I mentioned actually has a custom target range, which gives me hope for custom maps as well, but I've asked about how they did it with no response unfortunately, the primary model files are these .lnd formats (I'm fairly certain they're models and not a further archive), and to my knowledge they could only be opened in a long-since dead app called "3d Landscape for Everyone", an app I have yet to find a functioning installer for.
WE'RE *THIS* CLOSE!

Return to “Hunting Unlimited Series”