Bridge support too low

Captain Squareyez

Bridge support too low

#1 Post by Captain Squareyez » 01 Jun 2019 14:20

As the title suggests, i found a bridge support a tad too low when crossing the bridge to go from San Francisco to Oakland.
I was doing about 50km/h and picking up speed after coming off the long wind up to the bridge, when i was passing under the very first support, it brought my truck to a dead stop and done some minor damage to the trailer.
Cargo was the milling machine. I think it was the very end part that sticks up in the air that got caught on the support.
I took some screenshots of the map and where it happened to show which support it was.
Version of game : 1.34
64bit
Reproducibility : Once so far. (Will see if i can reproduce it by getting another milling machine.)

Yellow ring around support indicates the suspect that brought my truck to a stop. (It is the cross piece section i am referring to.)
amtrucks 2019-06-01 23-44-08.jpg
Screenshot of map showing location near Oakland.
amtrucks 2019-06-01 23-45-59.jpg
Zoomed out shot of map again of where i was at the time of accident.
amtrucks 2019-06-01 23-46-06.jpg
SirVirgoTheMess

Re: Bridge support too low

#2 Post by SirVirgoTheMess » 01 Jun 2019 14:27

Hello,here's the bug reporting process : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16653
SCS will need coordinates,and a copy of your gamelog.Thank you :)
Reinhard

#3 Post by Reinhard » 01 Jun 2019 14:30

It is really easy to find this spot. But here are the coordinates:

Code: Select all

Bridge support too low ;[01/06/2019 16:29] (sec-0029-0003);-114907;34.3783;-8922.16;-1.45735;0.0069813
IonutL

#4 Post by IonutL » 01 Jun 2019 19:55

This one was reported many updates ago, can't remember exactly when. But without either changing the bridge prefab (very unlikely) or not permitting the milling machine to spawn in SanFran, SCS has very little solutions available.
Captain Squareyez

#5 Post by Captain Squareyez » 02 Jun 2019 14:55

All they have to do is alter the height of the bridge support or lower the road. I cant see how this can not be fixed. Should be easy to do. There'd be a fix for it, im sure of it. ;)

@Reinhard Thank you
IonutL

#6 Post by IonutL » 02 Jun 2019 18:44

Yep, everything is so easy to do. :|
LeafeonGold

#7 Post by LeafeonGold » 02 Jun 2019 19:02

This was actually reported as "not a bug" in the past, as IRL, this bridge has a height restriction on it. Oversize loads should use US-101 North or South to leave San Francisco, and then use I-580 to loop back to Oakland.
"Don't try extra hard to make your presence known, but make sure your absence is noticed."

Intel I7-4790K |//| XFX Radeon RX 590 8GB |//| 16GB RAM |//| 1TB HDD​
Workshop |//| ATS Screens |//| ETS2 Screens
Captain Squareyez

#8 Post by Captain Squareyez » 03 Jun 2019 05:47

You clearly havent done anything with graphics engines then. There would be no coding involved with that bridge that affects the height of it. They go into the engine, grab the support and raise or lower it, done! So, yes, it would be easy IonutL. Also, if they have little solutions, then how did they even make the bridge to begin with?? lol ;)

LeafeonGold,
Im going to check something out in game later when i get on it, then i will comment
Captain Squareyez

#9 Post by Captain Squareyez » 03 Jun 2019 15:11

So, i had a look on google maps, in and around the area leading up to this bridge. There are signs before even getting to the bridge saying " Caution. Vertical Clearance of 14' - 8" on bay bridge".

The problem we have here, is people are reporting this as a bug because of a number of reasons. 1, No signs anywhere in game saying "No oversize loads on bridge", for example. 2, GPS still tells us we can go over bridge. 3. No heights given on loads we pickup in game, which brings us back to point 1, being no signs of telling us of height restrictions ingame.
No one is going to know this until we report it as a bug, then we get told its been reported, til later on someone else reports it.
So, a bit of coding attached to oversize loads which is also attached to GPS ingame, telling the game, ok, person has picked up oversize load, have to redirect them the long way around to get to Oakland from SF or to SF from Oakland, for example, so the GPS will not take us over the bridge.
Or easier method, would be to give us a way of knowing heights of our loads, and heights of bridges and then post up signs along routes so we know if we can or can not use a certain bridge.
Or, just make it so all loads can pass under all bridges. Which probably wouldnt be so great. But it would certainly be better than not spawning oversize cargoes in the areas with low bridges.

This link, is of google maps. One of the signs are over the road, for the bridge ingame. I checked in game to be sure i wasnt being blind while driving last night lol, but definitely no signs anywhere warning us drivers. If i had've saw a sign saying " NO OVERSIZE CARGO ON BRIDGE" or something to that effect, i would have avoided using the bridge, and some humiliation by posting a false bug report on the forums :lol:
If you are going to make the game as real as possible as in this case with ETS2 and ATS, then signs should be a must and maybe even some coding for GPS as a failsafe. Who knows, maybe the devs will see this and have a good chuckle, but then implement something like this. :)
https://www.google.com/maps/@37.7832719 ... 384!8i8192

Return to “Bugs 1.34”