Downgrading from Experimental to Stable will stop headtracking from working

TheLocalMilitia

Downgrading from Experimental to Stable will stop headtracking from working

#1 Post by TheLocalMilitia » 21 May 2019 21:33

I use EDTracker and Opentrack as headtracking in my games. It works perfectly - or at least, did.

Naturally when the update when live I downloaded the most recent patch to try out all the new features. I started with ETS2, played around for a few days and then downgraded to the previous patch as the majority of my mods were incompatible.

When I did so my headtracking stopped working. It's active and worked fine in ArmA 3, Elite Dangerous and ATS. The game just wouldn't detect it was there.

So, I played the experimental branch of ATS instead. Now, a couple days later, I revert back and same problem! Headtracking stops working.

I've come to the conclusion that upgrading to the latest experimental patch and then downgrading to stable breaks headtracking somehow. I'm in the process of reinstalling the game and will update if headtracking starts to work again.
Last edited by supersobes on 01 Jul 2019 17:24, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved topic from "Euro Truck Simulator 2 > Bugs" to "Euro Truck Simulator 2 > Bugs > Bugs 1.34"
IonutL

Re: Downgrading from Experimental to Stable will stop headtracking from working

#2 Post by IonutL » 22 May 2019 07:39

Or delete the config.cfg file from your ETS2 Documents folder. It will also reset all your custom key bindings.

Return to “Bugs 1.34”