control issues due to steam - joystick not found [solved]

RTobi

control issues due to steam - joystick not found [solved]

#1 Post by RTobi » 11 Jun 2019 20:19

Not sure if it's a bug or a technical problem or general feedback.

I'm using a joystick ever since ATS was released. Now the game absolutely won't detect the joystick. Steam also does not properly detect it. Personally I don't even want to control anything via steam - I'd simply continue to use the outstanding & perfect existing ATS control menu.
What kind of information do you guys need to help me with that?

It really seems like SCS abandoned their own (absolutely perfect) control options and now forces the players to use the steam controller menu. The steam controller menu is just so horribly bad. The overview is bad, it's unreliable and it does not offer as many functions and options as your own menu & control/ input wizard did.

I've also tried using a normal game (PS4 style) controller (from Thrustmaster). It works more or less. I can't use any of the former ATS control/ menu options. All the controls are now via Steam. I can't even put the throttle & brake on the joystick.
Last edited by RTobi on 12 Jun 2019 12:17, edited 1 time in total.
Komat
SCS Software

Re: Control issues - joystick not found

#2 Post by Komat » 12 Jun 2019 11:25

If you do not want to use your controllers trough Steam then do not enable theirs use in the Steam client.
RTobi

Re: Control issues - joystick not found

#3 Post by RTobi » 12 Jun 2019 12:16

I got 2 Domino's Pizzas and you easily cleared that question! Thank you so much :)
Didn't thought of that way.
Now I'm going to buy Washington & the Machinery DLC, wohooo :D
RootlessAgrarian

Re: control issues due to steam - joystick not found [solved]

#4 Post by RootlessAgrarian » 14 May 2020 19:41

@Komat

How? how do I disable my controller (a custom Joystick device) through Steam? I have unchecked everything in Big Picture, I have tried launch flag -no_steam_subsys, and so far nothing I do allows ETS2 to see input from my joystick device. RTobi, how did you do it?

btw I also totally loved the SCS controller config (both the interface and the easily editable text file). it wasn't broke. it was great. why abandon it?
Level 42 and rising... i7 8700K -- AMD Radeon 5700XT -- ASUS MAXIMUS XI HERO - WIN10
NoCabView minimod
Euro Bike Simulator
The Beginner's Guide To SCS Mapping (WIP)

Return to “Bugs 1.35”