Garage rest area [FIXED]

Madkine
Global moderator

Re: Garage rest area [MOD]

#11 Post by Madkine » 25 Jul 2019 08:55

While several of you happily state that it's not mod related, none of you are providing evidence.

As per the bug reporting process, share a screenshot and a log file from the same session to help the devs out.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
J.Random

#12 Post by J.Random » 25 Jul 2019 10:00

How about you prove that it works? Take any truck with long chassis, attach 53" trailer (I think it happens with smaller ones as well, but just to be sure), drive into a large garage. Take a screenshot with a "turn off your engine" popup. Go on, try it.
And let me reiterate: it's not a trailer issue either. If rest zone was defined for a full visible and usable width and depth of a large garage, it would probably easily fit a truck with a milling machine trailer attached (getting out would pose a problem, but that's not the point).
Rhythmosaur

#13 Post by Rhythmosaur » 25 Jul 2019 10:09

I do appreciate your (Madkine) attempt to make us follow the rules so the devs don't waste unnecessary time.

However, speaking for myself, I've been in this forum a couple of days, I've filed a bug report or two, including some in which I made mistakes, and though I am not one to post every single day, I have given extensive and elaborate feedback on a scale that makes me not exactly an unknown to the SCS ranks. If I tell you, these things happen on a clean profile, you can take my word for it.

Now, about your suggestion to produce a log file, I can provoke the situation and follow the rules and post it, but I can also tell you now and here, besides the message "Nothing to activate" originating from my pressing the return key to sleep without a visible sleep dialogue, you will find nothing out of the ordinary that would even let you suspect there might be a problem, let alone to form a theory. (In 9 years of SCS TS, you learn a few things about log files). You can also see that I have been keeping this problem in the corner of my eye since VLF went life; had I found in the log something that would help, I would have filed a bug report.

Since, more accidentally, I saw somebody else actually coming forward with the problem, I spontaneously provided all the facts that I was able to gather so far in an attempt to help you guys to corner the insect and back it against the wall.
Like the Dutch say, dat is dat.

PS: (J Random was posting while I was still answering Madkine): At least on my end, I never had a problem with any "offline" trailers. We could still both be right if you happen to use trailers in there that I never made a sleepover in my garage with.
Hire Kriechbaum!, please!
J.Random

#14 Post by J.Random » 25 Jul 2019 10:56

I do recall having similar issues in ETS2, or having to wiggle around to get popup to appear, but those were minor issues and I always dismissed them as "meh, yet another slight glitch, nevermind". 53" trailer in ATS just makes it immediately obvious that something's wrong. Which is why I'm advocating for a major change here. Basically, KISS+WYSIWYG: if truck and trailer are both visibly inside the garage, player should be able to rest. Not what we have now, with rest zone smaller than usable garage area, invisible, and obstructed with garage management trigger just to top it off.
Madkine
Global moderator

#15 Post by Madkine » 25 Jul 2019 11:58

The log file isn't to show clues as to what the issue is it's to prove the assertion that the issue happens in an un-modded game.

At this point a moderator or dev has stated that this is a mod issue. It's now up to you to prove them wrong.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Rhythmosaur

#16 Post by Rhythmosaur » 25 Jul 2019 12:33

:mrgreen: Thank you for letting me know what they think, so they don't have to tell me themselves. :mrgreen:
Rhythmosaur

Re: Garage rest area [STOCK]

#17 Post by Rhythmosaur » 22 Dec 2019 14:44

After having delivered a decent amount of various cargo since the update to 1.36 and not having any of the above issues any more, if everybody agrees, I think this is [fixed]. Thanks to everybody involved and Merry Christmas!
truckinjeff

Re: Garage rest area [FIXED]

#18 Post by truckinjeff » 01 Nov 2021 10:39

Can you not just unhitch your trailer and leave it outside temporarily?

Return to “Bugs 1.35”