Old bug since the beginning of our (ETS2) world

abasstreppas

Old bug since the beginning of our (ETS2) world

#1 Post by abasstreppas » 27 Oct 2019 00:03

In vehicle flare hookups there are different names defined for different functions of each flare, like left_blinker, low_beam etc. Most of those are used together with a lighmask.

In this case I want to talk about the "parking" light funktion. It's supposed to lit all lamps except low/high beam, auxillery beams and brake/blinker. In BlenderTools the same lamp function is called "position".

High beam uses green color for the lightmask and for auxillery lights there are two additional uv-positions, where the lamp function is controled by the alpha layer. The same alpha layer that controls all parking/position lamps. These two uv-positions are 0 = white and 1 = yellow.

Here is the problem: For auxillery lights the alpha doesn't work on parking, instead it lits with low beam. It's a big limitation as it is and has been for as long as I remember. It can't be intended as the low beam mask color (red) works as a charm on auxillery lamps. I was nagging about this 2-3 years ago already and I think it was Simon (50K) that said something like "it isn't anything to do about it" :roll:

Anyway, it must be something to do about it as it would really enhance the look and funktions of auxillery lamps and small lights. My guess it's something for the progrmmer to chew at :P
abasstreppas

Re: Old bug since the beginning of our (ETS2) world

#2 Post by abasstreppas » 28 Oct 2019 21:35

I found a work-around by adding "electric_type: vehicle" to the addon hookups def-file and also by using double lightmasks for using yellow parking with white high beam on the same area. Anyway, the "bug" must get fixed i any case as BlenderTools and the game doesn't corrolate on this ;)

Return to “Bugs 1.35”