[Mod Related] Variant Issue With Addon Hookups

LeafeonGold

[Mod Related] Variant Issue With Addon Hookups

#1 Post by LeafeonGold » 13 Apr 2020 23:51

This mod that i've created is what brought this bug to my attention. In between 1.35 and the current game version something must have been changed with how the game parses addon hookups that use variants, as something weird is happening. Currently, when you select one of my addon parts, it loads the correct model, however the flares that the model is supposed to toggle with variants are bugged, where it loads all of the flare hookups, but only displays one. This creates a seizure like flood of amber light in front of the truck instead of the intended result, as seen here.
Now, I have the model set up like this:

How it's configured is when you select a variant, let's say "12", it loads "Defaultpart" (the model itself and it's static flare), and "Flares12" (my strobes on top of it). Pretty simple, and it worked well for a while. Now, when you load into game, visually, it works fine, but on the ground it has loaded the hookups from the other 21 variants as well, so it floods the scene with light, even when the flare active isn't on. The mod didn't function like this in 1.35, and from watching someone playing 1.37 beta, it also happens there too. Any way to get this looked into?
"Don't try extra hard to make your presence known, but make sure your absence is noticed."

Intel I5-4690K |//| XFX Radeon RX 590 8GB |//| 16GB RAM |//| 1TB HDD​
Workshop |//| ATS Screens |//| ETS2 Screens

LeafeonGold

Re: [Mod Related] Variant Issue With Addon Hookups

#2 Post by LeafeonGold » 07 Jun 2020 16:08

Bumping thread because this still happens in 1.37.
"Don't try extra hard to make your presence known, but make sure your absence is noticed."

Intel I5-4690K |//| XFX Radeon RX 590 8GB |//| 16GB RAM |//| 1TB HDD​
Workshop |//| ATS Screens |//| ETS2 Screens

Return to “Bugs 1.36”