Radio: cover art causes some songs to throw errors

Toron Beldevar

Radio: cover art causes some songs to throw errors

#1 Post by Toron Beldevar » 20 Apr 2020 04:05

I have had a bit of trouble with the in-game radio, as several of the local songs that I have on my computer are being skipped entirely. After being told that ID3 tags were the issue, it didn't take long to narrow down the true source of the issue, which apparently lies with the cover art attached to each track, regardless of any other file parameter. I have consistently had problems with songs that have cover art greater than 124 kilobytes in file size. These tracks try to load for about three seconds but are then passed aside, while the remaining tracks load in an instant and play normally, including one which has cover art approximately 124 kilobytes in size. That's probably a fluke example, though only at that point, the rest of the tags seem to have an effect on the song trying to be played, as one song with some longer tag entries wouldn't play after gradually increasing the cover art to around 123 kilobytes in size. (And for a reference, this song's original cover art is 258 kilobytes.)

I have attached my latest game.log.txt with this post. It contains many of the error that I have been experiencing, though they are listed simply as "failed to load file", and some tracks which appear repetitiously are ones which I have tested on, very often returning the same results with each edit of the cover art.
Attachments
game.log.txt
(38.49 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
TruckerDog
SCS Software

Re: Radio: cover art causes some songs to throw errors

#2 Post by TruckerDog » 21 Apr 2020 07:20

Hello Toron,

As we rolled out the new version 1.37 with FMOD just yesterday, and the sound system has changed quite a bit. As such, we won't be fixing issues that might have been on the previous 1.36 version.

However, can you please try and check this on the current 1.37 version? Please let me know if you still have the same issue.

PS: Nice profile picture. :)
I like trains. 🚂

...and trucks too. 🚛
Toron Beldevar

Radio: directory shortcut invalid after 1.37 update

#3 Post by Toron Beldevar » 21 Apr 2020 19:29

TruckerDog wrote: 21 Apr 2020 07:20As we rolled out the new version 1.37 with FMOD just yesterday, and the sound system has changed quite a bit. As such, we won't be fixing issues that might have been on the previous 1.36 version.

However, can you please try and check this on the current 1.37 version? Please let me know if you still have the same issue.
I have updated to 1.37, and I am happy to report that one song I have tested, with artwork that is 262 kilobytes in size, is playing successfully in the radio now. But, a new issue has arisen.

Inside the game's music folder, I had linked a shortcut to my primary music folder. The songs that were working last time were in this shortcut. Now, though, none of the tracks inside this shortcut are accepted by the game. I had to make an absolute copy of two songs inside the game folder - to test: one which did work in 1.36, and one which didn't - just to play them in the game's radio. This here is the new set of errors I've gotten after updating to 1.37:

00:01:41.456 : <ERROR> [fs] fs_device_open() called with invalid path 'C:/music/REMAST~1/filename.mp3' (expected absolute path, starting with slash).
00:01:41.456 : <ERROR> [fmod] (18) File not found.
00:01:41.456 : <ERROR> [sound] Failed to initialize sound 'C:/music/REMAST~1/filename.mp3'.

C:\music\remastered, as this directory is properly called, is the folder I had linked a shortcut to in the game's music folder when I had version 1.36.
TruckerDog
SCS Software

Re: Radio: cover art causes some songs to throw errors

#4 Post by TruckerDog » 21 Apr 2020 19:44

Thanks for getting back at me on this. Glad to hear the artwork issue has been fixed, then. :)

Indeed, the problem with the shortcut linking is a known bug on 1.37. We've already reported it and it should be fixed in some hot fix update for 1.37. QA id: 114491 ( here's a topic about it under the 1.37 bugs section: viewtopic.php?f=271&t=284037 ). :)
I like trains. 🚂

...and trucks too. 🚛

Return to “Bugs 1.36”