Engine is never turned off, always idling [MOD]

Travismods

Engine is never turned off, always idling [MOD]

#1 Post by Travismods » 28 Feb 2020 21:02

I opted in for 1.37 and noticed something very weird when turning off my trucks. All my trucks cant be shut off, the engine noise is still there when its not started. When I turn the engine off, it sounds for a second like the engine is turning off but then when the truck engine is off there is still a lower engine idle sound playing around the truck.

Why isnt the trucks noiseless when off? Anyone else had this issue? What am I doing wrong? It sounds like the engine is at 500 rpm even though the truck is shut off...
Last edited by Travismods on 28 Feb 2020 21:22, edited 1 time in total.
Robinicus

Re: Engine is never turned off, always idling

#2 Post by Robinicus » 28 Feb 2020 21:11

@koolizz What trucks is this happening in? I haven't tried this in all of them but it works properly in the T680.
Travismods

#3 Post by Travismods » 28 Feb 2020 21:20

With every single truck Ive tried so far in my fleet. When I turn off the engine, the engine noise does not stop. It only goes down a little in revs and starts idling. So there is always engine noise even though the truck is completely turned off. It sounds like instead of turning off the engine it starts idling on like 500 rpms. How is this even possible?
Last edited by supersobes on 28 Feb 2020 21:30, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed quote [Forum rule 2.12]
Madkine
Global moderator

#4 Post by Madkine » 29 Feb 2020 00:01

@koolizz Are you using any mods?

Please post your gamelog to a site such as pastebin.com and the put the link here.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
nicky9499

Re: Engine is never turned off, always idling [MOD]

#5 Post by nicky9499 » 01 Aug 2020 14:25

No need for his logs, this is a problem that only the devs can address, since they decided to implement fmod.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Gk1 ... 5mowE/edit

Fmod is the dumbest thing to hit this genre since Big Rigs.
xXCARL1992Xx

Re: Engine is never turned off, always idling [MOD]

#6 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 01 Aug 2020 14:43

way to go to bring an old thread back up only to show you know nothing about, this isnt FMods fault, it is the mixing and even then none of the engine trucks have this issue, if the engine is off it is off, the "sound modder" should consider to switch his profession if he cant even bring the engine to shut off with the extensive knowledge the community has already collected via reverse engineering alone, because none of the sound mods i made has this issue and none of the soundmods of other modders have it either and the games itself dont have it also :roll:

also, from reading the text who ever wrote is doesnt know the least bit about the implementation, you can add up to 5 automations per track via the parameters timeline, load, turbo, brake and RPM and the play parameter tells the game is the engine running or off

via Timline you set the start/stop sounds, then there is a loop segment that plays RPM, in RPM you set the mixing between no fuel, unloaded and loaded, brake is for the engine brake, depending on RPM it gets louder or quieter, turbo is for the turbo whistle, same as brake, play is for the game to know when the sound has to play and when not

and the problem described is a wrongly mixed timeline

this is how it should look like

[ external image ]

and THIS tells the game, the moment tne engine is off (0) the loop region finish to play and moves to the stop sound, at the same time you lower the volume of the engine sound to 0 almost instantly
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]

Return to “Bugs 1.37”