Navigation scaling ETS vs ATS

Seelenkrank

Navigation scaling ETS vs ATS

#1 Post by Seelenkrank » 11 Oct 2020 14:59

after made yesterday a tour in ETS and changing a while ago my behavior using the route adviser as navigation i realize the ATS navigation has a smaler "look ahead" factor then the same setting in ETS.
im using the second view after the turn off setting (before the bird view) and in ETS you can easily see the next corner in the distance followed by the one you are looking at.
in ATS i missed my exit yesterday because i did not look for 3 seconds on the navigation screen...
the driven speed (80/90 vs 105) did not make a difference here in my opinion.
i want call it a bug but it is not the same compared.
Seelenkrank

Re: Navigation scaling ETS vs ATS

#2 Post by Seelenkrank » 15 Oct 2020 15:35

so today i found the time to make some pictures to show what my actualy problem is.
i add some text in the picturse explaning whats up.
hope this will show the case.
while driving some moment ago i even think about different FOV settings if they had such an impact but in both games i use 65° FOV so it should be 1:1
EDIT: and no the google street view mod does not change the scaling of the navigation device (tested from me in ATS).
Attachments
ets2 example 2.jpg
ets2 example 1.jpg
ats example.jpg
Seelenkrank

Re: Navigation scaling ETS vs ATS

#3 Post by Seelenkrank » 18 Oct 2020 13:56

i think it is related to the Mack!
after reaching my personal "goal" from 200000mi i switched trucks again and now with my W900 the "look ahead" is the same like in ETS.
and because i drive the Mack for a longer time now (10-12+ Weeks maybe) and switching in this time my driving behavior using the route adviser as navigation i did not realize this earlier.

Return to “Bugs 1.38”