HS schoch, wrong colored lights

dahaka

HS schoch, wrong colored lights

#1 Post by dahaka » 17 Oct 2020 02:28

Sidebars of the HS schoch DLC (the ones on the bottom of the trucks, under the side skirt) on all of the trucks that have predetermined (not individually select-able) lights are emitting white light.
It is illegal for vehicles to emit white light towards the side, under European laws.
Side lights always have to be amber\orange, only front facing lights are allowed to be white. (working lights and reverse lights are the exception, but they cant be on during normal driving.

Dotec

Re: HS schoch, wrong colored lights

#2 Post by Dotec » 17 Oct 2020 08:43

this was even reported by hs-schoch when the dlc came out.

AntonioMart

#3 Post by AntonioMart » 18 Oct 2020 01:37

Side markers can be white, see lightbar for Actros MP4, but yes, light must be yellow only. Just need change it.

dahaka

#4 Post by dahaka » 24 Oct 2020 15:40

No mate, side marker lights cannot be white under any circumstances, according to the European law. Proper colored lights are play an important role in the roadworthiness of vehicles. And we still have no answer from SCS or a tester on this thread, so I'm afraid this is not taken seriously enough, even though its something blatantly illegal in real life, and this game is a simulator. I really hope the devs have seen this, and at the very least, make the sidebars so we can mount lights on them manually, then at least those players like me who like to play realistically can do so.

xXCARL1992Xx

#5 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 24 Oct 2020 15:42

he didnt say it otherwise, he just stated that the marker can be white, but the actual light produced is amber/orange
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |

dahaka

#6 Post by dahaka » 24 Oct 2020 15:53

Oh, I misunderstood then, my bad, bit strange to speak about how the light looks when its off. It doesn't matter too much if it looks white on the outside, because there are lights which have a white light-bulb, and emit orange light due to the coloring of the cover, and lights that have a transparent (white) colored cover, but emit orange light because the light-bulb is orange.
What matters for the lights to be legal is the light they are emitting.

AntonioMart

#7 Post by AntonioMart » 24 Oct 2020 19:32

Exactly. :)

See here:

http://www.hs-schoch.de/produkt/sidebar ... renault-t/

Markers on sidebars are white, but lamps inside amber/orange. ;)

Return to “Bugs 1.39 (Open Beta)”