Issues with new lowbed and lowloader trailers [130447]

Smaen

Re: Issues with new lowbed and lowloader trailers

#11 Post by Smaen » 20 Oct 2020 15:32

I know the developers have spent time creating custom models for the extended cargos, but I think the best thing for them to do is to scrap almost all of them.
Except for the excavator facing the wrong way and possibly the sail boat, the cargos for the short trailers are good. But almost none of the extended ones are realistic.

I have looked all over Google, and couldn't find a single large excavator loaded the same way as SCS did it. They are all facing backwards.
Image 1, Image 2, Image 3, Image 4, Image 5, Image 6, Image 7, Image 8.

It seems like SCS felt the need to push every cargo model available for the short trailer to the long trailer as well, which makes no sense. It needs its own cargo, and if there's not as many available, that is fine. The player can simply shorten the trailer to use the short cargo then.

For the extended, it would make more sense to add more long cargos, like pipes and long structures. There's plenty of things that can fit here.
Image 1, Image 2, Image 3, Image 4.

I hope this can be changed to improve the cargos for the otherwise nice trailers.
plykkegaard

#12 Post by plykkegaard » 20 Oct 2020 15:59

Product catalog for inspiration
https://www.maxtrailer.eu/files/87798.pdf

Other types of cargo

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Hmm is this trailer extended?

[ external image ]

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
DKDBEM4

#13 Post by DKDBEM4 » 20 Oct 2020 16:06

I hope the devs know this and the loads are indeed placeholders or that the devs will notice this topic and adjust the loads per trailer in a way that they comply with the laws and regulations.

Love the new trailers. But had the feeling that the loads just did not match. These larger trailers need larger loads than the base-game has had up to this point. Otherwise updates to the Heavy Cargo and Special Transport DLC's might be in place.
mackintosh

#14 Post by mackintosh » 20 Oct 2020 16:12

I have to side with the purists on this one - if a cargo combination isn't legal, it should have no place in the vanilla game. That's what mods are for.
Spieker

#15 Post by Spieker » 20 Oct 2020 16:46

N95JPL wrote: 20 Oct 2020 08:10 [EDIT]
I have filed a “Tweak” report to the developers to discuss
QA:130447
Thanks!
sachy

#16 Post by sachy » 21 Oct 2020 10:06

mackintosh wrote: 20 Oct 2020 16:12 I have to side with the purists on this one - if a cargo combination isn't legal, it should have no place in the vanilla game. That's what mods are for.
Isnt legal where? The limitations vary per country and since BtBS you cant even generalize by EU regulations.
mackintosh

Re: Issues with new lowbed and lowloader trailers [130447]

#17 Post by mackintosh » 21 Oct 2020 10:15

@sachy Along the route where you'd haul it. The cargo generator can be tweaked to only spawn cargo that is permissible between city pairs, much like it does now with doubles.
sachy

#18 Post by sachy » 21 Oct 2020 10:42

@mackintosh How can the generator know the route? In WoTr jobs, I can drive twice around whole map in the 24+ hours limit on external cargo market. That said, Im picking the route which I did not drove yet, not the shortest one by the GPS.

It is the same as with the speed limit. In game trucks can go 130+ km/h, while in reality are bound by the ~80 limit. If you are speeding, you get fined, but the game allows you to do that - lets do the same with trailers (wrong cargo/trailer -> fine at borders). And that is the right way - in the end ETS2 is a *game*, so one shall be able to try (possibly with warning) things which are limited IRL.
Boy

#19 Post by Boy » 21 Oct 2020 10:45

K_Robin wrote: 20 Oct 2020 13:44 Hey,

working in logistics myself, I agree that some combinations are weird and not allowed. As explained before.
It would be better if the cargoes are reworked in a way that we have cargoes suited for non extended versions and cargoes for extended trailers.
But I am sure that we will see more and better fitting cargoes in the future as SCS did with the other ownable trailers as well.

To user Boy, who likes to see the beams at the sailing boat removed: Sailing boats are actually transported like this because the stabilizing fin part below the keel can't be removed. Still, it shouldn't be available at the low bed variant, just with the low loader.
EDIT: Attached a picture of a yacht transport.galerie_yachttransport-29-750x421.jpg

Greetings and happy trucking.
more so it got better because it got lower

I haven't had a chance to transport this yacht yet.
Persecution 🤔
Dream Horse movie

"Tveka inte att fråga din Scania-återförsäljare om vilken modifiering som helst. Vi är det kompletta företaget vad gäller specialfordon."
https://laxasv.se/
Odrixen

#20 Post by Odrixen » 21 Oct 2020 13:30

Can't turn around at the sawmills? It rests on the front axle of the trailer ... Have you encountered such problems?

Return to “Bugs 1.39”