Issues with new lowbed and lowloader trailers [130447]

plykkegaard

Re: Issues with new lowbed and lowloader trailers [130447]

#21 Post by plykkegaard » 21 Oct 2020 13:53

Have you updated to the latest beta update?
If so report it

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Beregor

#22 Post by Beregor » 21 Oct 2020 22:28

Spieker wrote: 18 Oct 2020 22:46 First of all, I really appreciate finally being able to own those kind of trailers, this is actually something me and many other people have been waiting for for a long time. However, being a truck driver myself IRL I've noticed some "legal issues" with the trailer cargoes.

1. Divisible loads
Transport exceeding the usual dimensions of 16.5m (+1.5m overhang) in length, 4m in height, 2.55m in width and 40t of weight obviously needs special permit. These permits are only granted for indivisible loads which means permits wouldn't be granted if the cargo could be transported using normal trailers.

Therefore, the following loads are illegal:
lowbed trailer:
- 2 Loaders
- 2 Semi lowbed trailers
- 2 Tractors + Plough
- 3 Air conditioners
[ external image ]

low loader trailer:
- 2 Tractors
- 2 Air conditioners
[ external image ]

2. Unnecessarily extended trailers
Most cargoes on extended chassis could be transported on a non-extended chassis just as well and no authority in the world would give a permit for that kind of overlength.
I'm going to show just 2 example images since this unfortunately applies to most cargoes on extended chassis:
[ external image ]
First off all, i live in norway, and the rules that are in Norway are as follows,

1, You can drive with up to 3m wide without permit for one item, and as long 2 items doesent make it wider than with 1 item u can have more than one cargo on.
2, When it come to extending trailer it is allowed for 1 item, or for mroe items if its "beams" or simular were the extension isent are dependent on how many items you have loaded.

So when i look on your pictures, i would say all cargos that are on lowbed that aint on extended is actually allowed, the ones that are extended to fit more than 1 item is not.
Spieker

#23 Post by Spieker » 25 Oct 2020 00:10

No offense, but I don't think you can compare that. Norway's rules are probably different since they're not in the EU, unlike the majority of countries in ETS. And while I'm no lawyer either, I think the rules I know of (German rules) are more or less representative for other EU countries.
Winchester1979

#24 Post by Winchester1979 » 29 Oct 2020 01:10

Looking at the images in the first post, all of the shown configurations that the OP judged illegal are "trailers that have been extended to take more than one item of cargo". The only one of those that *I* think might actually be legal under both EU and Norwegian law would be the one with the trailers stacked on top of each other - if you have to extend the trailer to load the first one, you may as well stack it double because you're not going to need further extension just for the second trailer.

Though I have no idea whether it actually *is* legal, and I've had trouble finding any *European* images of multiple stacked trailers like that, let alone ones that feature an extended trailer at the bottom.
DKDBEM4

#25 Post by DKDBEM4 » 05 Nov 2020 08:37

Have been playing around with the new trailers for some hours now, both extended and short. the fact that there are loads that can be carried on both short and extended frames shows that they do not belong on the extended frames. Which directly lowers the amount of loads that you'll actually need an extended bed for.

The low-loaders are a great addition to the game now, possibly even paving the way for some lowloader-brand DLCs. I just hope that the devs have found this topic and will review the loads for these new trailers.

Edit: The fact that this topic now seems to have a QA number assigned to it would suggest that they're looking into the matter!
dahaka

#26 Post by dahaka » 03 Feb 2021 20:59

The 2 flatbed trailers are legal. The trailer needs to be extended in order to carry the one trailer, and since adding a second trailer on top of the first one doesn't require further change in trailer size, its completely legal. Trailers are carried like that IRL all the time. I've even seen 3 of them stacked on top of each other.

The ones extended without reason should just be deleted.

The extended excavators should be replaced by the Scrapper from ATS. Roughly the size of 2 excavators, and would justify the extending.
The extended 2 tractors should be replaced by the Heavy Tractor from ATS. The one with the 4 rubber tracks. That would justify extending.
The extended 2/3 airconditioning units should be replaced by one large airconditioning unit. A couple small tweaks on the model and there you have it. Justified extending.
DKDBEM4

#27 Post by DKDBEM4 » 30 Nov 2021 17:08

Something I also noticed with the new Volvo CE DLC. The loads are available on unnecessary long trailers and over half of them seem to be missing width markings and lights.

I know there has not been a post in this topic for quite a while but I just hope this topic about realism and real life restrictions gets picked up and correctly implemented.

Return to “Bugs 1.39”