Frametime/stutter issues with ownable trailers?

plykkegaard

Re: Frametime/stutter issues with ownable trailers?

#21 Post by plykkegaard » 22 Jan 2021 21:24

Thanks, I'll try with other tractors

DAF XF105 and drop side with crane HCT (Finland)
Running empty atm, no problem
Last edited by plykkegaard on 23 Jan 2021 01:24, edited 1 time in total.

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
DTC

#22 Post by DTC » 31 Jan 2021 18:45

I did a other test and did notice it happens only when i take cargo, just driving around with a ownable empty trailer causes no framedrops or stuttering...

1.39 version
The strange thing is that with the volvo and owned flatbed trailer no frame stutter, but as soon i use a daf or owned curtain trailler the frame stutter is back again even with a new profile.
Ofcourse all is tested without mod...
It occurs on my World of Trucks profile that never had a mod and was the reason to do a testing.

This because the most jobs on my World of Trucks profile are the online event jobs so a owned trailer was never needed, only if i want to do the market jobs what i did not often.
So please check out ScSsoftware what is going on, because without owned trailers there is no problems but with there is.
Last edited by DTC on 08 Feb 2021 06:33, edited 1 time in total.
supersobes
Global moderator

#23 Post by supersobes » 31 Jan 2021 19:10

I've noticed it both with and without a load.
COGA72

#24 Post by COGA72 » 03 Feb 2021 04:58

supersobes wrote: 31 Jan 2021 19:10 I've noticed it both with and without a load.
It happens to me both with a trailer and without a trailer, with mods and without mods, graphics at maximum or minimum.
it's definitely a problem with the game engine. Even monitoring the performance of my chart, when lag happens, the chart reduces its load to a minimum, as if it was not executing anything.
Now with the latest version 1.39.4.5 it is more noticeable, you can run the game above 100 fps if your computer allows it, anyway you will notice the delay (game engine stop)
I don't know if this is happening to 100% of the players, or if it is happening in ATS MP as well, but I have already read too many users reporting the same: delay or stop of the game
Maverick_Knight

#25 Post by Maverick_Knight » 03 Feb 2021 09:25

Hi there! ;)

I´m experiencing the stuttering for quite a while now and it´s really annoying.
For me it appears in irregular time intervals except for the regular (automatic) game saving time.
It seems like the game "pauses" for a quarter or half a second.

My workstation PC is quite "up to date" (from 2020) with high quality components.

At first I thought it would be related to the use of ProMods and / or any of my used game mods.
A few weeks ago I started testing quite a bit with different graphic settings / leaving out mods and so on.

On one day I was executing a job and had not one single stutter. NONE! I tried to find out what the
cause for this "perfect drive" was and found out, that immediately when I used one of my owned
trailers (actually it is the "Schmitz Cargobull" for 1.39 by Schumi) the stuttering is there again.

I wondered if THIS could really be the cause and searched the net for this issue and found out that there
are also other drivers that found out the same.

Last weekend I executed again a job with a non owned (SCS) trailer and again NO STUTTERING at all
(including the automatic game saving) So for me there is no denying that the stuttering issue is clearly
related to driving with owned trailers (whether with or without freight).

I bought several "owned trailers" for my garages that my drivers use but that seems to have no effect
in my opinion.

I would greatly appreciate, if SCS could solve this issue because it´s really taking away the immersion
of the game.

If a game log can help here feel free to ask me for one!

Greets
Maverick
plykkegaard

#26 Post by plykkegaard » 03 Feb 2021 12:13

Maverick_Knight wrote: 03 Feb 2021 09:25 .. when I used one of my owned trailers (actually it is the "Schmitz Cargobull" for 1.39 by Schumi) the stuttering is there again.
Sorry but I don't have any mods atm, if you could point me in direction of any trailer / cargo / location combination which causes stuttering I'll be more than happy to see if I can reproduce
I have not experienced this issue on my fairly old rig, recently upgraded to a GTX 1080 TI though

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Maverick_Knight

#27 Post by Maverick_Knight » 03 Feb 2021 14:38

Hi plykkegaard,

here´s the link to my (ownable) trailer:

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=269232&start=40

Freight and location do not matter. Stuttering appears when using ownable trailer.

My truck is the Volvo FH by Pendragon:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=197804

Greets
Maverick
Betelgeeuse

#28 Post by Betelgeeuse » 03 Feb 2021 15:42

Maverick_Knight wrote: 03 Feb 2021 09:25 Hi there! ;)

I´m experiencing the stuttering for quite a while now and it´s really annoying.
For me it appears in irregular time intervals except for the regular (automatic) game saving time.
It seems like the game "pauses" for a quarter or half a second.

My workstation PC is quite "up to date" (from 2020) with high quality components.

At first I thought it would be related to the use of ProMods and / or any of my used game mods.
A few weeks ago I started testing quite a bit with different graphic settings / leaving out mods and so on.

On one day I was executing a job and had not one single stutter. NONE! I tried to find out what the
cause for this "perfect drive" was and found out, that immediately when I used one of my owned
trailers (actually it is the "Schmitz Cargobull" for 1.39 by Schumi) the stuttering is there again.

I wondered if THIS could really be the cause and searched the net for this issue and found out that there
are also other drivers that found out the same.

Last weekend I executed again a job with a non owned (SCS) trailer and again NO STUTTERING at all
(including the automatic game saving) So for me there is no denying that the stuttering issue is clearly
related to driving with owned trailers (whether with or without freight).

I bought several "owned trailers" for my garages that my drivers use but that seems to have no effect
in my opinion.

I would greatly appreciate, if SCS could solve this issue because it´s really taking away the immersion
of the game.

If a game log can help here feel free to ask me for one!

Greets
Maverick
++ this^ literally the same thing happened to me. Ownership trailers really are the problem. I recently picked up ETS2 again and i have this exact same problem. I don't remember which version it was but back in 2019 i used to play and used ownership trailers with 0 lag / stutters of the game engine, It probably has to do with a game version. I'm gonna try to play on older versions of the game thru steam by rolling back the game and see if i can find in which version this started
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#29 Post by Mohegan13 » 03 Feb 2021 16:45

Maverick_Knight wrote: 03 Feb 2021 14:38
here´s the link to my (ownable) trailer:

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=269232&start=40

My truck is the Volvo FH by Pendragon:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=197804
The bugs forum is for bugs related to never modded profiles only.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
plykkegaard

#30 Post by plykkegaard » 03 Feb 2021 16:55

Yes I should've been more specific: I am running vanilla / no mods atm
Any hint on a SCS truck / trailer / cargo combo I can try, thanks

Does it also happen in ATS?

Return to “Bugs 1.39”