Game Crash ETS2

JNMS123

Game Crash ETS2

#1 Post by JNMS123 » 23 Feb 2021 19:27

Hello All,

There are some problems I have with ETS2 from Steam and, because someone recommended me to go to this particular forum, here I am.
I decided to install ETS2 on my system 2 days ago and since that moment there was nothing more than errors and crashes.
The game Always crashes when I'm driving (Start up and everything before actual play = no issues). At first, I had mods added to the game (Promods and a traffic mod)
and when the crashes started occuring, I was advised to re-install the game and so I did. I made multiple clean installments removing all ETS2 folders manually from my steam and document folder.
I made sure that all mods were removed so I could start a new profile completely free of mods. Result: ETS2 stops working every single time. So after a lot of messages from the ETS2 community on the steam platform,
I tried a lot to make it work like it should. From updating GPU drivers to changing things in the config file. Nothing has worked whatsoever. Now, in the last part of the steam thread (link down below) Wolfgang asked for the game.crash file
and strongly suspects the problem is caused by the game itself. Some bug maybe? I've tried a lot already and am desperate for a solution, so I hope someone here can help me out.

Steam thread:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/227300/d ... 135437947/

https://pastebin.com/4mx9TUaf (game.crash file)
https://pastebin.com/Lw21kjyB (game.log file)
Max
SCS Software

Re: Game Crash ETS2

#2 Post by Max » 25 Feb 2021 07:21

based on the crash log info it looks like there is issue with rendering setup of some item.
can't help more as in game log is no issue reported about any object. only warning about failed exclusive fullscreen state.
also timing does not match. either both logs are not from the same run or part of game log i missing. or the computer had some lag at that moment?

in such cases i generally suggest updating (or rolling back) gfx driver or trying to switch from dx11 to opengl or vice versa.
or try change aforementioned fullscreen setup in config.
also, if you can, try different gfx card. not neccessarily better or newer, just different.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
JNMS123

Re: Game Crash ETS2

#3 Post by JNMS123 » 27 Feb 2021 23:02

Ok, it's the weirdest thing. Now it's been working for a few days without crash. I took out two of four RAM components because my pc just crashed all the time so I went on looking on the internet and was told to fix that issue by removing the defect RAM components. The pc works fine and also ETS2 works fine. Don't understand how but I'm relieved.

Return to “Bugs 1.39”