Stuttering with own trailer [FIXED]

GoingDutch

Re: Stuttering with own trailer

#101 Post by GoingDutch » 17 May 2021 17:51

Nice, but now quite sure what you're trying to add right now to this issue others do have.
Maverick_Knight

#102 Post by Maverick_Knight » 17 May 2021 19:05

Hi fellow truckers!

I quickly want to contribute my findings about the stuttering with own trailers.
It took me quite a while to find out about this by myself, but it really drives me mad :x

I actually drive using my ProMods-profile - 2.55 with Rusmap 2.41, Southern Region 10.1 but I think the maps are NOT the problem.
My truck is the Volvo FH 2012 by Pendragon, owned trailers I´ve tested are the Fliegl SDS 350 Mega and the Schmitz Cargobull by Schumi.

Driving with trailers offered by the cargo market (I use Sisl´s Trailer Pack) I have NO PROBLEMS whatsoever! Absolutely no stuttering!
As soon I use my own trailer (empty or loaded with freight) the stuttering begins. Last week I left my owned trailer after delivery at the place
to drive to another place. (Just with my truck - no trailer) Stuttering occured without my owned trailer attached.

I stopped, went into the menu and sent my owned trailer back to the home garage. Then I drove on and guess what: The stuttering was gone!
So even if the owned trailer is not attached to the truck, but still is "associated" to the truck the stuttering occurs.

For me it seems like a bug in the game. The occupation of my PC (CPU and GPU) is so low when driving, that I don´t think that this is related
to perfomance problems.

As I said before it´s very annoying and destroys completely the immersion when driving with the big and micro-stutters ...

Someone should definetely take a look at this problem :idea:

Greets
Maverick
Madkine
Global moderator

#103 Post by Madkine » 17 May 2021 21:51

Maverick_Knight wrote: 17 May 2021 19:05 For me it seems like a bug in the game. The occupation of my PC (CPU and GPU) is so low when driving, that I don´t think that this is related
to perfomance problems.
SCS are looking, but so far cannot reproduce it on a vanilla profile. The last couple of pages have primarily been about stutters caused by mods.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
BackboneOne

#104 Post by BackboneOne » 18 May 2021 07:04

can confirm problem have been solved completely by removing promods (all other 80 mods remains). barry, you are true hero, sir 8-)
GoingDutch

#105 Post by GoingDutch » 18 May 2021 09:06

Yeah, it seems promods-related. Good to know!

But but I do not understand (can someone explain this to me), why this problem occurs on promods in single play, and NOT on promods multi play? Is it because in multiplay something is rendered on the server, in stead of on your local PC? Someone knows what could explain this different behaviour?
JankoPL

#106 Post by JankoPL » 18 May 2021 12:09

I have stutter and I never had any promods mod :/
Tapir

#107 Post by Tapir » 18 May 2021 12:22

Good news!!!???!!!!

In my non promods big map combo

I am now doing the 2nd tour without stuttering or fps drops!
(1st tour 921km, 2nd tour 3108 km, i.e. over 4000 km without stuttering !!!!!

Trip from Zatobolsk (RU) to Vilnius(Latvia) 3108 km

Without any stuttering!

The only thing I changed before the last two trips was truck and trailer mod.

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=299886

Can that be the ultimate solution?
Is the trailer mod responsible for stuttering and ftp drops?
At least it looks like it.

System: Windows 11 PRO
Processor: Intel i7-12700KF 5GHZ
Motherboard: Gigabyte B760 DS3H AX
Memory: Corsair DDR5-6000 32 GB
Storage: Samsung 990 M2 SSD + 2 Samsung 870 SSD
Graphics: Asus GeForce Dual RTX 3060 V2 12GB GDDR6
Madkine
Global moderator

#108 Post by Madkine » 18 May 2021 12:42

Different things cause it for different people. This is why it's hard for SCS to do anything about it.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
DTC

#109 Post by DTC » 18 May 2021 13:47

Well as i did mention before a new install without mods in the mod folder made no difference.

You can create a new profile and on a certain level buy a curtain trailer at default with two axels with no upgrades all seems te work fine.
But on a certain leven or what happen i dont know, when i do a upgrade or axel changes let say the two axel to three than the hick-ups are present again. Sometimes frequently and sometimes you can drive a while before it happens.

Whitout owned trailers no problems and as smooth as it should be.

Besides that for a bug notice should always be without mods, do the fact if modded its not scs fault or the modfolder must cause issues.
Max
SCS Software

#110 Post by Max » 18 May 2021 21:40

thanks for the info and experiments so far.

you, who have the issue, could you try to increase size of memory pool (or decrease if you have already set huge) and check if the stuttering frequency increases, decreases or stays roughly same, or if it just takes longer from game start to first appearance?

memory pool size is changed by "-mm_pool_size" with given value as an argument on command line when you are running the game.
default value is 400 (MB), on 64bit system it is increased to 1024 for system with 4.7G+ of memory or to 2048 on system with 8.6G+ of memory. also limited to half of your memory no matter what.
i saw lot of you were changing it already .. ;)
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.

Return to “Bugs 1.40”