Truck Lights @ Day

AlexxxF1

Re: Truck Lights @ Day

#11 Post by AlexxxF1 » 06 Feb 2021 16:37

if there is enough daylight, you will not even see the very big flashing lights. not in tunnels, not in the shade.
at 1.40 the light works like in real life.
try to forget the incorrect work of the light before 1.40.
I understand that after thousands of played hours it's very hard :D

I don't know how they did it. cool programmers work in SCS) I expected that there will be cool lighting, but that it will be as it really is is incredible)

Lolsmurf

#12 Post by Lolsmurf » 06 Feb 2021 17:40

I'm very happy they finally fixed lights being visible in broad daylight. Very immersion breakig when you could see lights on the ground and wall in full sun.

Truck lights could be a tad more brighter though, but not too much.

De_Ruyter

#13 Post by De_Ruyter » 06 Feb 2021 18:07

I agree, lights may need to be a tad more brighter then what it is now. Specially the high beams. For that matter, the additional lights for on bull bars and top bars should have a lot more range then the regular high beams. Living on a very flat land myself most of my life, trust me I know all too well that those things shine VERY bright. Not just in distance but also wider then regular lights.

RunnyPilot

#14 Post by RunnyPilot » 06 Feb 2021 18:39

Danifox wrote:
06 Feb 2021 04:37
The lights do not work inside tunnels, and they are extremely dim when even near shadows.

----------------------------------------

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 18363) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
---------------
Display Device
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
Chip type: GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
Dedicated Memory: 5991 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Honestly, I've been outside today with my buddy, driving to a place to chill. We were in a tunnel and I tell you, even with tunnel lights on, tunnels are usually a lot darker than that. That's the issue with the lighting, the tunnels are not realistically dark enough, so the headlights are not showing. It's like going in a tunnel with direct sunlight anyway.

SiSL
SCS Software

#15 Post by SiSL » 06 Feb 2021 18:43

De_Ruyter wrote:
06 Feb 2021 18:07
I agree, lights may need to be a tad more brighter then what it is now. Specially the high beams. For that matter, the additional lights for on bull bars and top bars should have a lot more range then the regular high beams. Living on a very flat land myself most of my life, trust me I know all too well that those things shine VERY bright. Not just in distance but also wider then regular lights.
Did you try new settings with roof or front extensions?

No, actually both headlight values, low and high beam are based on original formula and lumen values are very much reality values. Actually could be even lower but we left some testing purposes.

Also another wrong information is no, High beams are actually much Narrower than regular lights as they should be highlighting "higher" as angles raising and focus on incoming traffic ahead, does not lighten up the road itself "as widely believed to be". I think you may be confusing reality cases with old ETS2 memories.

De_Ruyter

#16 Post by De_Ruyter » 06 Feb 2021 19:05

Quote removed - Don't quote the post above, don't pyramid quote - Rule 2.12

New settings with roof or front extensions? Are you referring to the F4 menu slider? I turned that all the way to the right side. If not, then please do tell me where this new setting is.

The land where I grew up is flat, there isn't much at all in obstacles at all. So light manages to travel further without getting stopped. Also truckers usually use their high beams a lot as the roads are narrow and at night not many people are outside. I seen trucks using high beams rather on a daily basis (I used to walk a long route before going to bed), by calculating the distance it would reach to about 500 meters and at a rare occasion even further. Based on that I have to disagree. Regarding the old ETS2 style, well I have been using the mods that would dim the lights. So that shouldn't be an issue really. I rather like the new idea of the lights being softer, even if they are a bit too soft for my liking and irl experience.
Last edited by Madkine on 08 Feb 2021 20:56, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Rule 2.12

SiSL
SCS Software

#17 Post by SiSL » 06 Feb 2021 19:08

as you wish, no, not F4 menu... really installing roof and front lights and using high beams with that.

Obstacles and where you can see them from is not really related to where beams are going from the truck point of view. And maths are good place to start with.

Dodge34

#18 Post by Dodge34 » 06 Feb 2021 19:30

I really hope they fix this annoying bug, in foggy weather with thunderstorms, normally you would see your lights in a car or truck in real life, not in 1.40 of this game, we don't see anything except at night.

SiSL
SCS Software

#19 Post by SiSL » 06 Feb 2021 19:34

"normally" you would not see your headlights on the road, vehicles from other side sees yours reflections on wet asphalt. This has been explained many times possibly on other threads, so this is not a bug,

Here is a normal life at thunderstorm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ9MhBc1SSw

De_Ruyter

#20 Post by De_Ruyter » 06 Feb 2021 19:43

SiSL wrote:
06 Feb 2021 19:08
as you wish, no, not F4 menu... really installing roof and front lights and using high beams with that.

Obstacles and where you can see them from is not really related to where beams are going from the truck point of view. And maths are good place to start with.
I would like to show some proof from a irl driver perspective at night. Using both regular lights as high beams. Perhaps this shows a bit what we mean by making it a bit more then it is right now in the beta. Truck in this video does however not use additional lights either on the bull bar or top bars.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU787XBsZxw

But, perhaps we need to ask the help form professionals such as the company Hella, they might be able to help with this issue even better as it's their job to know as maker of such lighting.

Return to “Bugs 1.40”