Stuttering with own trailer [FIXED]

PANZERWOLF

Re: Stuttering with own trailer

#191 Post by PANZERWOLF » 21 Aug 2021 16:32

Hi. I just registered on the forum to report the famous stuttering on my trailers, on a system with an I7 10700KF, with a RTX3080 and 32Gb of RAM. And the same as the others... It is to remove the trailer purchased and go everything like silk.
I've also tried with the FOV at 72 or 73 degrees and it doesn't work for me.
In ATS I don't have any problem with the trailers either, it works perfect.
Last edited by PANZERWOLF on 21 Aug 2021 16:35, edited 1 time in total.
Maverick_Knight

#192 Post by Maverick_Knight » 25 Aug 2021 15:55

Strange thing is, that the stuttering still occurs if you left your owned trailer somewhere and you drive solo with your truck. (T'railer is still associated)
From the moment you start a new job with a (standard) freight-market trailer and you´ve been asked if you want to send your owned trailer home, the
stuttering issue is GONE!

For me that´s a clear indication, that the stuttering is NOT map related!

Come on, SCS!

It can´t be so difficult to sort this thing out! Do it! PLEASE!

Totally destroying the immersion :-(
GoingDutch

#193 Post by GoingDutch » 25 Aug 2021 20:36

Yes, confirmed!
plykkegaard

#194 Post by plykkegaard » 25 Aug 2021 21:01

Sorry I have the same outcome whether with owned trailer or not
Could be difficult to reproduce and the reason why SCS has not found a solution

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
b1121

#195 Post by b1121 » 26 Sep 2021 09:00

This problem also happened to me. Regardless of whether to load any modules, as long as I attach my own SCS trailer, FPS will freeze from a stable 60 moments for 1 to 2 seconds from time to time, as low as 30FPS, and then return to a stable 60fps. , Has been circulating like this. However, as long as I don't use my own trailer and directly use the front of the truck to pick up the goods in the freight market, all this will not happen. Up to the current version 1.41, the problem still exists.
Acrilix

#196 Post by Acrilix » 01 Nov 2021 21:51

After playing this game for 7 years I've finally resorted to joining this forum because I'm sick and tired of testing owned trailers every time the game is updated only to find out that this issue still hasn't been fixed! This has been happening since owned trailers were first introduced 3 years ago and I've suffered it on 2 different (up-to-date gaming) PC's on both old modded, and fresh, unmodded profiles. I've also been playing ETS2 solely in VR for the last 5 years, and so stutters are particularly noticeable and immersion-breaking for me and something to be avoided.

I realise that tracking down an issue that can't be replicated by the devs makes finding the solution more difficult, but surely the game code for the cargo market is the likely culprit here. After all, it only runs once you spawn your trailer and this is when the problem starts. Normally, during freight jobs the cargo market isn't operational at all, the option is greyed out in the menus, and everything runs smoothly. However, when a cargo job is undertaken, the freight job market isn't greyed out and made non-operational in the same way. It continues to run in the background, alongside the cargo one, and so doesn't it seem likely that this could be causing some sort of bottleneck or extra strain on people's systems that is introducing the stutters that so many here are suffering from? I wouldn't be surprised that if the freight job code was programmed to shut down while cargo jobs were in operation we would all be experiencing a much smoother game than we are now. We'd probably be able to enjoy this MAJOR feature of the game, all the customisation it adds, the DLC available, and the extra challenge that delivery pick-ups with owned trailers provides, rather than have to just ignore it completely and play the game in a much less desirable manner, feeling that we are all missing out on something great.
Pull My Finger

#197 Post by Pull My Finger » 04 Nov 2021 13:28

supersobes wrote: 18 Apr 2021 19:09 ... We know that it only happens when using owned trailers in ETS2, while the owned trailers in ATS seem to be working okay.
Not exactly. I have now re-installed the game three times from scratch, on my main SSD drive. In one of the installs I never bought a truck or a trailer, only used the default ones. In one install I bought a truck only, and the third install I bought a trailer. There was no difference in any of the game installs as far as the stuttering went, it still happened in all three configurations no matter whether I bought trucks, trailers or none of either.

I installed a new graphics card a few days ago because I needed one and because I thought it might cure the stuttering. It is the same as before the hardware change.

I am currently removing what few mods I have and reinstalling them one by one to see if they show any errors in the game.log file.
plykkegaard

#198 Post by plykkegaard » 04 Nov 2021 14:44

Running vanilla in both ATS and ETS2

I might be blind :D
I only have stuttering if I look out of the side windows going full speed

Intel i5 4670 / GTX 1080 Ti / 16 Gb memory
Windows and game on seperate 250 Gb Samsung evo 850 SSDs

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
GoingDutch

#199 Post by GoingDutch » 05 Nov 2021 10:16

Also running vanilla in both ATS and ETS2

I am sure you're not blind, as I am sure as well I am not blind too :) But I do have these stutters with own trailers. I cannot help it, it just is as it is.

Intel i7 11700K@3.6GHz / RTX 3060 / 32 Gb memory
Windows and game on separate 1Tb Samsung evo 970 and 980 SSDs
DTC

#200 Post by DTC » 15 Nov 2021 14:07

Anyone did try to make the cabine standard without the dashboard navigation and just use the hud or window navigation.

i did a complete new install and new profiles and when i did make a upgrade with the cabine it start again.

So since i did a upgrade and placed horns on the roof instead of the lightbar

I tried to downgrade the cabine and after a while its still present.
Now i try it without the horns on the roof and placed them back on the lightbar

PS its always the latest version of ETS - ATS
without mods
and no beta's
Last edited by DTC on 15 Nov 2021 18:49, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Bugs 1.40”