Stuttering with own trailer [FIXED]

JankoPL

Re: Stuttering with own trailer

#11 Post by JankoPL » 18 Apr 2021 11:44

No refund for only trailers dlc. Not game. Game is sort of OK ( wknow bugs etc but right now i have stable state without those trailers). Tell me why in ATS in OK and ETS not ? ;/ IMHO it is a major bug and it schould be fixed , meantime id even have lable as reported bug. Sorry for my frustration.
Madkine
Global moderator

#12 Post by Madkine » 18 Apr 2021 14:16

I agree it's a major issue and it should be fixed.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
supersobes
Global moderator

#13 Post by supersobes » 18 Apr 2021 19:09

Has anyone been able to narrow down to a potential cause of this issue? We know that it only happens when using owned trailers in ETS2, while the owned trailers in ATS seem to be working okay. So what are the under the hood differences between the freight market trailers and the owned trailers? And then what are the under the hood differences between the owned trailers in ATS and the owned trailers in ETS2? It's likely that the cause of the issue lies with one of those differences.
bumbumek

#14 Post by bumbumek » 18 Apr 2021 23:03

I have the exact same stutter like you guys. It happens randomly (on new and very old areas), game just completely stops for a second, and then it goes back to normal with stable framerate like before that stutter. I'm not a software engineer, but perhaps there is something wrong with the code for ownable trailers?
Neonym

#15 Post by Neonym » 19 Apr 2021 06:20

I have this stuttering too. When I am playing the game and hit the map button before stuttering happens, the map opens immidiately and it is complete. When I hit map button after stuttering happens, map opening takes some time and there are missing some parts of roads and all company logos and it takes long time to show everything properly (5-10 seconds).
ovcl

#16 Post by ovcl » 19 Apr 2021 09:11

Who has statters for several seconds - do you have a browser running at the background?
Born in the USSR.
pigbrother

#17 Post by pigbrother » 19 Apr 2021 09:29

Just out of curiosity for those who have stutters: how many garages, drivers, trucks and trailers do you have?

I have minor stutters for half of a second or maybe less, annoying but not a game breaker, and I'm using my own trailers all the time. I have 19 garages, 91 drivers, 91 trucks and 297 trailers. My CPU is not very good, i5 4670K stock, and I don't think the GPU matters (GTX 1080) in this case.

In ATS those stutters seems to be missing, but I have only 10 garages, 45 drivers, 45 trucks and 212 trailers.

I'm asking this because at one time during a beta we have bad stuttering from time to time when the economy got refreshed and the stats for drivers, trucks and trailers were recalculated. Maybe is a similar issue, maybe is the same issue resurfacing after the trucks and drivers have become visible on the map (since somebody stated that map opens slower after a stutter), God knows...
I have approximate knowledge of many things
JankoPL

#18 Post by JankoPL » 19 Apr 2021 12:40

@pigbrother Long time ago I have something like You. 100% map i both games lot of drivers etc. Some time ago iI have start new profile from begining. In ATS always trailers was ok. In ETS I have only one MAN and one Krone trailer. And stutter is like others wrote. It's sudden stop of game. Not lag , not fps drop . Brutal game stop. In older profile that with 100% I tried many tricks. More drivers , less drivers , more trucks ,less trucks etc. Nothing helps. Right now I'm a little pissed off becouse we all paid for Krone and Schwarmoller trailers, and it works only in half.
pigbrother

#19 Post by pigbrother » 19 Apr 2021 12:54

I see, then is something else. However, I'm not using Krone or Schwarzmuller owned trailers, only SCS owned trailer. Maybe you can try buying a SCS trailer and use it for a job or two, I'm curious if the stuttering is as bad as before, because in my case is very mild.
I have approximate knowledge of many things
supersobes
Global moderator

#20 Post by supersobes » 19 Apr 2021 16:06

I get the stuttering with all owned trailers, both the base game and DLC trailers.

Return to “Bugs 1.40”