Stuttering with own trailer [FIXED]

plykkegaard

Re: Stuttering with own trailer

#61 Post by plykkegaard » 08 May 2021 10:43

Create a new profile, use one of many tools to get tons of cash
Check if it stutters, hire drivers, buy trucks and garages in base until it starts
Remove maps until it stops
Or the other way around

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Drive Safely

#62 Post by Drive Safely » 08 May 2021 10:45

And probably worth testing profiles with skill points maxed in ETS2 too
JankoPL

#63 Post by JankoPL » 08 May 2021 12:16

Did ATS hame same structure of owned trailet that have ETS ? Becouse ATS is running superb. I also have change a lot of hardware to check it and stutter occurs always. Without owned trailer is OK.
WOTR profile. https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/1011

SCS - Software Creating Stutter :/
barry

#64 Post by barry » 08 May 2021 17:07

Hi guys. After trying different combinations of just about everything posted here and in other threads, the only thing that reduces the stuttering (though not stopping), on my system is to 'not' have addition truck and trailer mods. From consistant stuttering throughout a 1,000Km journey (which i do everytime for testing), stuttering only occurs a handful of times without such mods.

Hope this info helps.

Regards
GoingDutch

#65 Post by GoingDutch » 10 May 2021 06:12

Max wrote: 08 May 2021 09:56
DEDE62 wrote: 08 May 2021 08:52 I think you're into something.

I have a g25. Same sutters with owned trailers.
As I was testing some settings, running the game as admin has change some things. The wheel was more stiffer, like it was not using the logitech driver. Driving in spain for now, no more stutters.

That may be why some have stutters, some don't.
SCS use thustmaster wheel, maybe that's why the couldn"t reproduce the problem.
well, we test lot of hardware, actually. i use G27 and found no issue.

main problem is we do not have clue what could be related to the problem. memory? graphics card? HDD/SSD? controller? truck you are drivng? type of vegetation around? shadow and lights settings?
there is nothing to catch, so far. and random testing did not hepled yet.

just post your notices further. i hope we could figure it out.
@Max I really want to help to solve this. I think I've set all available parameters to coop with my situation (launch parameters, r_page_buffer_size to 30, etc). But I am limited in what I observe. Given the launch parameters and config file, I've been playing 1.40 with TMP and Promods for weeks now, everything with an own trailer: no freezes/stuttering. I drive about 20K a week. Couple of FPS-drops though, but this is in Promods-heavy areas (like Vienna, Berlin, highway around Stockholm). But yesterday, I thought, lets play Single Play, with the same settings (config file, launch parameters) and my own trailer (the very same as in TMP): stuttering showed up again, freezes for about half a second.

To be complete: this also occurs on SCS-only maps (i.e., without Promods). I have all DLC's. This one I play with another profile, same launch parameters and config file (obviously). When I multi play: no freezes/stutters. When I single play: freezes/stutters.

And to be extra over-complete: when I drive in-game trailers (i.e., not owned), then all stuttering freezing also vanishes (single play, multi play, yes/no promods).

I drive a Scania (R730), Volvo (FH16), DAF XF, DAF XF105. Used several own trailers (curtain sider, refrigerated Schwarzmuller, low bed).

Also, my observation is that in ATS I do not have any problems with any own trailer, in single play as well as in multi play. No stuttering at all (same laucnh parameters, config settings, etc).

I really hope this helps. If I can do something to check/verify/etc?
paulieGTR

#66 Post by paulieGTR » 11 May 2021 20:57

Guys, pls bear with me.

I've ran hawks "Dalton and Elliot highway" in ATS for years and in version v1.40.x of ATS, the Dalton became unplayable.. five and ten second freezes were happening in certain places on the map. I don't know which version it actually started on, because I went straight from v1.36/37 to v1.40.

Long story short.. "Disabling" the "FFB Damper effects" by putting the slider all the way to the left in, ATS > Options > Controls.. forcefeedback damper.
This solved the freezes instantly and after doing that I have not encountered any freezes or stuttering whatsoever.

I've ran from Fairbanks > Prudoe which is 500miles in twelve hour sessions and I've done it non-stop.
I've also ran from Prudoe > Fairbanks in twelve hour sessions going the opposite way and again I've did these sessions non-stop.

So the thing is..
I do not suffer from the freezes/stutter/hiccups in ETS2, so I cannot test this, but something caught my attention in plykkegaard's post, he does not use a Forcefeedback Wheel.
plykkegaard wrote: 07 May 2021 20:36 Just keyboard and mouse no accessories
So I was wondering since the dev's seem to be aware that there's "unnecessary damper data/information" being sent out..
Is it possible, just possible that the FFB damper could be triggering something minor which then snowballs and gets worse the longer you drive.

As I said.. i do not suffer the stutter or freezes in ETS2 so I cannot test it.
But could everyone who uses a FFB Wheel, try disabling the FFB damper in Options > Controls > Forcefeedback Damper.

Guys, I understand this might be a "shot in the dark", but it can't hurt to try and it is also something else we can rule out.

fwiw.. disabling the damper makes the truck sims feel lifeless because there is no 'loading and unloading' of the dampers and there is no speed bump or kerb effects.
Disabling the damper is definitely not a solution if it ends up to be part of the prob.

ps.I remember when 'owned trailers' very first appeared in ATS.. when I bought and used one, as soon as I connected it and drove, I got stuttering and small freezes. However, later game versions seemed to make the issue disappear.

Also, with this being assigned to the v1.40 bugs section, would it be possible or would it be better served to move it to another section, where maybe we can get more feedback from other users.
It just seems that there is many folks with this issue and not all folks will put it down to a 'v1.40.x bug'.
Who knows, with the feedback that could come in, others might report that it actually started in a specific earlier game update/version, which could help narrow it down further. v1.40 might be the wrong place to start looking.
Last edited by paulieGTR on 11 May 2021 21:31, edited 1 time in total.
Win10pro/X299pro/i9.10920X/64gbQC/Antec 1Kw SigPlat/3090 TUF/27" triples multimon2
T500-alu shifter+Eaton knob-GTomegaPro-318ti Dash-ProGauge-BU0836x BBox-tir5+tc pro-924 seat
plykkegaard

#67 Post by plykkegaard » 11 May 2021 21:14

Nice find 👍

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Madkine
Global moderator

#68 Post by Madkine » 11 May 2021 22:15

@paulieGTR There's a thread in another forum as well.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=276005
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
paulieGTR

#69 Post by paulieGTR » 11 May 2021 22:22

thankyou. :)
I'll just copy/paste the relevant part of my previous post to that thread you linked, that is if it's alright.
Win10pro/X299pro/i9.10920X/64gbQC/Antec 1Kw SigPlat/3090 TUF/27" triples multimon2
T500-alu shifter+Eaton knob-GTomegaPro-318ti Dash-ProGauge-BU0836x BBox-tir5+tc pro-924 seat
Madkine
Global moderator

#70 Post by Madkine » 12 May 2021 03:23

@paulieGTR That will be fine.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

Return to “Bugs 1.40”