Stuttering with own trailer [FIXED]

skyy-v8

Re: Stuttering with own trailer

#81 Post by skyy-v8 » 14 May 2021 15:42

600km? You lucky guy , can’t even drive 10 minutes with ownables without a couple of micro lags.
goktugmen

#82 Post by goktugmen » 14 May 2021 19:56

When 1.40 just dropped there was that topic talking about v-sync settings of the game. I couldn't find that topic once again but it was a heavily detailed bug-report.

Anyways to get to the point, person making that report was saying something getting reset every time you change windows, ie. when you go ,into customization settings etc. I re-select my setting, which is 60 for a 60hz monitor, although default is 60 too; if I don't chose that setting again I get more less FPS and also tons of stutters as I move around. I go into the graphic settings, choose default, apply, choose 60 again, get into the game and everything is normal. I do it also after customization screens.

Can you try this and take a look at it, if you haven't already??
paulieGTR

#83 Post by paulieGTR » 15 May 2021 08:12

This is part of one my more recent posts from the steam forums(1st Apr) - link at bottom.

"As soon as you load either ATS or ETS2 and press drive:
Get in the truck > press 'esc' > Options > Graphics...
At the top, under reolution > Set the default hertz to '50' > Apply and OK.
Do not go into sim yet, stay in Graphics options.
Now again set the hertz, but this time set them back to 'Default'.

Honestly, an awful lot of the time ATS and ETS2 fail to go into, actual fullscreen mode.
This can cause stuttering and a lot of what you describe, especially the tearing and
the elastic band effect.
Everytime I start ATS and ETS2, this is what I do and it solves it for me.

fyi... I run triples with multimon mode2 on a TitanX SC that has 12gb.
X299 - 10920X - 64gb DDR4 QC."

https://steamcommunity.com/app/270880/d ... 8486253241
==
==
Seems for me that this is more a win10 thing than anything else. That is to say, the fullscreen issue I did not have in win7 64u.
Win10pro/X299pro/i9.10920X/64gbQC/Antec 1Kw SigPlat/3090 TUF/27" triples multimon2
T500-alu shifter+Eaton knob-GTomegaPro-318ti Dash-ProGauge-BU0836x BBox-tir5+tc pro-924 seat
GoingDutch

#84 Post by GoingDutch » 15 May 2021 11:24

paulieGTR wrote: 11 May 2021 20:57 Long story short.. "Disabling" the "FFB Damper effects" by putting the slider all the way to the left in, ATS > Options > Controls.. forcefeedback damper.
This solved the freezes instantly and after doing that I have not encountered any freezes or stuttering whatsoever.
Feedback from me after many several test-runs :) Disabling the damper doesnt have any effect for me, unfortunately....

When the micro-stutters occurs, I see this in the realtime graphs. There was no autosave at that moment.
ets2_20210515_131609_00.gif
ets2_20210515_131621_00.gif
and the fame buffers when stutter occured. I dont understand what this says, maybe helpful
ets2_20210515_134009_00.gif
supersobes
Global moderator

#85 Post by supersobes » 16 May 2021 03:06

paulieGTR wrote: 15 May 2021 08:12 "As soon as you load either ATS or ETS2 and press drive:
Get in the truck > press 'esc' > Options > Graphics...
At the top, under reolution > Set the default hertz to '50' > Apply and OK.
Do not go into sim yet, stay in Graphics options.
Now again set the hertz, but this time set them back to 'Default'.
I just tried doing this. Unfortunately, it didn't stop the stuttering for me. :(
paulieGTR

#86 Post by paulieGTR » 16 May 2021 17:17

Sorry to hear that.
For the Dalton in ATS, the disabling damper fixed the stuttereing and long freezes.
For ets2, setting 50Hz and then setting it back to default, fixes the pauses, screen tearing and stutters.

I'm was also thinking that..
I use triples so the three view ports are always loaded and I have very little need to look left and right, apart from when I use the 'basic' camera for lane changing, reversing and loading/unloading.

I hear that when people use buttons or an axis to look left and right, there can be stutters.
is there any possibilty that because I use triples, not needing to look left and right, that I don't suuffer from stutters the way 'single screen' users do.

I'm just trying to do my best to understand what's going and throw ideas out there.
regards..

ps. may I add that I only use RusMap, Southern region, TGS and Sibir. No Promods or any other maps.

EDIT:
There is something else I noticed a long time ago: When selecting the 12+2 trans pattern in shifter/gearbox settings, I got stutters when changing gear.
I made a copy of that trans and renamed it by putting a prefix "mine_" obviously without quotes. I just can't remember whether the stutter was with pressing the clutch andor engaging the gear.
But in the config I have that 12+2 trans with the "mine_" prefix and again the stutter was gone.
Now whether that is just coincidence, I've no idea because I'm sure there'll be folks that use real auto anyway.
Thought it was worth mentioning though.
Win10pro/X299pro/i9.10920X/64gbQC/Antec 1Kw SigPlat/3090 TUF/27" triples multimon2
T500-alu shifter+Eaton knob-GTomegaPro-318ti Dash-ProGauge-BU0836x BBox-tir5+tc pro-924 seat
JankoPL

#87 Post by JankoPL » 16 May 2021 18:42

Mine question is : Did ETS and ATS have identical trailers managment and files in game code or not ... Maybe trying to made same code for trailers as in ATS will help to solve this. Im very sad about this thing :/
WOTR profile. https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/1011

SCS - Software Creating Stutter :/
barry

#88 Post by barry » 16 May 2021 23:05

Interesting day today, i totally stopped all pausing/rubberbanding and microstutters with a simple adjustment to my mod folder - I deleted all Promods stuff. I couldn't believe that was the cause on my system. I checked with a V1.39 backup and the result was exactly the same -no stuttering. So (for me anyway), if i want to use owned trailers i cannot use Promods. :o

V1.39 was the 1st version i actually used the owned trailer part of ETS2, and i've always used Promods for years, so it never occured to me that Promods would be the cause of any problems on my system. I have absolutly no idea why this happens, but for me i can get back to enjoying the game. I'll have to have a separate install for non-owned trailer Promods use.

No other mods have any adverse effects. No idea if this helps anyone else.

Regards
paulieGTR

#89 Post by paulieGTR » 17 May 2021 00:56

That's great news barry, not so much about your Promods though.

Thing is, I remember a time where i modded ets2 to allow me to use double trailers all over the map and in certain cities especially French cities, I had some small hiccups with stuttering etc. I put it down to the devs pretty much maxxing out the poly count for cities with attached single trailers.. so when I had doubles, it was probably going over the opimal poly limit for the cities/map.

Afai led to believe, Promods uses a higher poly count for models, adding to that some folks use a promods config that is above and beyond their specs.
Anyways, it's possible that these higher poly models and higher details could be causing issues for some folks.
As for the folks that don't use promods, well the issue and solution must lie elsewhere.

Glad you got it sorted at your end though. :)
GoingDutch

#90 Post by GoingDutch » 17 May 2021 06:54

After a lost of testing, tweaking and changing parameters, I've come to this.

* video-card untouched (no tweaking using NPI, nVidia-tooling, etc. All factory settings. GTX 1060 6Gb)
* in config-file, I've set r_page_buffer_size to 30
* monitor fixed at 50 Hz (is a 60Hz monitor), in game refresh rate to default
* the only mods I have, are promods (2.55, without Middle East) and TMP
* launch parameters in Steam set to "-64bit -nointro -unlimitedlog -mm_pool_size 12000 -mm_max_resource_size 32 -mm_max_tmp_buffers_size 1000" (I have 24Gb of RAM)

Results:
* no more stuttering in vanilla-gaming (all DLC's) when playing Single Player AND when playing Multi Player (TMP) [I do have some fps drops in especially Iberia, but that's a whole other discussion&issue]
* no more stuttering in Promods 2.55 WHEN playing Multi Player (TMP)
* STILL stuttering in Promods 2.55 WHEN playing Single Player

I've tested with g_traffic set to zero when playing SP in Promods, but still stutters then. I feel I am out of options right now, but I have narrowed it to still troublesome when playing Single Player in Promods 2.55 (at least for me).

This all only applies to own trailers. When in-game offered trailers are used (freight market), no stuttering at every situation (even promods 2.55 single play).

Return to “Bugs 1.40”