Stuttering with own trailer [FIXED]

GoingDutch

Re: Stuttering with own trailer

#21 Post by GoingDutch » 19 Apr 2021 17:09

Yes, me too, Supersobes. I have it with all kinds of own trailers.

@pigbrother I have 3 garages (Kiel, Milan, Paris), 15 drivers in total.
The_SimTrucker

#22 Post by The_SimTrucker » 19 Apr 2021 17:48

Out of curiosity I unpacked the base.scs \vehicle\trailer_owed directories for both ETS2 and ATS. ETS2 has about 50% more files than ATS but for the rest the *pmg files and *.dds files look very similar in size and encoding (the same mix of DXT1 and DXT5 files in both the ETS2 and ATS directories).

What else can be compared for ownable trailers between ETS2 and ATS? Or to rephrase: what other files are loaded from the base.scs when you start driving with your own trailer?
barry

#23 Post by barry » 23 Apr 2021 18:57

Hi. Perhaps you already know of this link but just in case...

https://roextended.ro/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1000

I only used the 'Steam Launch options' and it's improved my bad own trailer stutter (It was like after the stutter (pausing), the display rubber banded back normal speed), to occasional micro stutter. Also...

Using the 'uset g_minicon "1"' with ingame scaling @ 400, my 1ms Monitor shows an average of 12ms. If i only the use Nvidia scaling @ 400 and use ingame scaling <=125, the display shows <5ms. Increasing the ingame scaling just increases the display speed back upto 12ms.

Don't know if this info helps at all, but i guess anything is worth a try ;)

Regards
plykkegaard

#24 Post by plykkegaard » 23 Apr 2021 19:09

All type of trailers or any in particular?
I haven't been able to reproduce

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
supersobes
Global moderator

#25 Post by supersobes » 23 Apr 2021 19:19

@barry Does NVIDA Profile Inspector have tools to help with stuttering and performance issues? I was told NPI can cause a decrease in performance. When I tried NPI a few months ago to see what all the rave was about it's antialiasing settings, I did indeed notice a slight decrease in overall performance.

@plykkegaard I'm not sure about anyone else, but I've experienced this will all the owned trailers in the game, regardless of the configuration or type of trailer.
plykkegaard

#26 Post by plykkegaard » 23 Apr 2021 19:24

Thanks, btw does owned trailers among drivers cause an issue?

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
supersobes
Global moderator

#27 Post by supersobes » 23 Apr 2021 19:53

I have zero drivers, so I don't think they could be the cause of the stuttering.
barry

#28 Post by barry » 23 Apr 2021 22:21

Hi. i'm using the default scs trailers. I also do not have any drivers or garages, it's been a slog but i've managed so far to get to level 58 on my own :-) . I don't use NVI myself. I've tried different refresh rates, used GSync as well as not using it. It's a total mystery why it's happening because without owned trailers (i only have one), the game runs as smooth as butter. In my case it was appearing as lag -rubber banding after the pause- so i thought it was a display driver issue, but different drivers, different installations (clean and express), it made no difference. Different chipset drivers also showed no difference. Minicon shows nothing untowards when it happens.

Regards
barry

#29 Post by barry » 23 Apr 2021 22:42

Hi. Quick update... I just got a news update.... a problem has been reported with the windows 10 april 2021 cumulative updates as gamers are complaining about stuttering since the update. Nvidia have recommended rolling back to an earlier version. The update was in March Update KB5000842 It's slipped through into Aprils update KB 5001330

Apparently it's reported on BleepingComputer, Reddit, and Nvidia forums -though i cannot pinpoint a direct link to these.

I myself use an Nvidia RTX 2060.

Regards
GoingDutch

#30 Post by GoingDutch » 24 Apr 2021 13:20

Hi all,

thanks for thinking along. Couple of answers to questions above:

* Yes, I have stutters on all trailers (games Based, DLC's Krone, Schwarzmuller). I have a lot of money, bought all trailers, and tested. No differences between the trailers I use, all showing stutters
* This issue has been reported with version 1.39 (and I believe 1.38) as well as a bug report. I created this bug report (March 30) at section 1.40, well before the nvidia update. Besides, I also drive ATS, and I am not experiencing the stutters over there at all
* I have a GTX 1060 6GB with factory settings, no Profiler settings tuned&tweaked

Return to “Bugs 1.40”