[Iberia DLC] Portugal speed limits [KNOWN]

aureo

Re: [Iberia DLC] Portugal speed limits [NOT A BUG]

#21 Post by aureo » 11 Apr 2021 16:44

Portuguese law defines what a trailer and a semi-trailer are here.
You can think of a semi-trailer as a subset of a trailer and as such it can have different regulations applied to it.
It's classified as follows:
  • Trailer(Reboque)
    • Semi-trailer(Semi-Reboque)
And as on the image provided by @mackintosh and according to the law, which you can find here and linking to here, on article 27 we can see that on the heavy cargo vehicles(Automóveis pesados de mercadorias) section, there are 2 types of limitations in regards of vehicle type as explained by @El Presidente; limitations to vehicles without any trailer or with a semi-trailer, and limitations to vehicles with a trailer.

Maybe the Portuguese law on this subject is poorly redacted or poorly structured and that can lead to misinterpretations and/or mistranslations, and maybe that's what happened here, IDK.

And as stated by @mackintosh it's seems odd that no beta tester noticed this error and reported it, as it was one of the first thing I noticed when entering Portugal, with the GPS constantly beeping :lol: .

AS for the EC page, as they state that the data shown is provided by the national authorities, it seems to me that someone messed up providing the data by either misinterpreting it and/or mistranslating it.
El Presidente

#22 Post by El Presidente » 11 Apr 2021 17:18

mackintosh wrote: 11 Apr 2021 16:09 Right, because the EC never gets things wrong :lol:

I would suggest that you try to find a certified English translation of these regulations. Doesn't SCS have any Portuguese speakers on their staff? No Portuguese beta testers? I still find it hard to believe they'd be this incompetent.
I don't think they do, otherwise we wouldn't have a company called Cortiça Prima (Cousin Cork) on the game.

Maybe they can send a message to PSP or GNR, because I see trucks with semi-trailers driving every day at 90km/h on our highways and they are not stopped because of it. Maybe ask Patinter or Paulo Duarte for a copy of the data from the tacographs to show the speed at 90km/h? Filming the trucks driving at that speed? I already posted a video, there's probably a lot more on Youtube
Last edited by El Presidente on 12 Apr 2021 10:33, edited 1 time in total.
Use Titanium Cargo for all your transportation needs, or else...
d4nn

Re: [Iberia DLC] Portugal speed limits

#23 Post by d4nn » 11 Apr 2021 18:06

Kiruki wrote: 10 Apr 2021 08:38 You have to consider that IRL there are different speed limits for trucks with and without trailers. The speed limit of 80 km/h is the correct value for the truck with the trailer.
I have made a separate suggestion post to add different speed limits on the game. And 80 is not the correct value for semi-trailers, just trailers. Most of the time it should really be 90.

Posts merged - Don't double post - Rule 2.5
xyzan wrote: 11 Apr 2021 14:50 What actually this means?
on roads reserved for Cars and Motorcycles

I think this may be a clue.
Roads reserved for Cars and Motocycles is like roads one step down from an highway. They are free and the limit of cars is lower as well

DEDE62 wrote: 11 Apr 2021 15:40 https://ec.europa.eu/transport/road_saf ... its_en.htm

Can't be more clear. SCS is right.
That is plain wrong. Should check official sources from Portugal.

mackintosh wrote: 11 Apr 2021 16:09 I would suggest that you try to find a certified English translation of these regulations. Doesn't SCS have any Portuguese speakers on their staff? No Portuguese beta testers? I still find it hard to believe they'd be this incompetent.
Automóveis pesados de mercadorias sem reboque ou com semi-reboque --------> HGV *WITHOUT* trailer or *WITH* semi-trailer
Automóveis pesados de mercadorias com reboque --------> HGV *WITH* trailer

from the official IMT source, the official text is more clear and doesn't get things lost in translation http://www.imt-ip.pt/sites/IMTT/Portugu ... cidade.pdf
JoaoRabit

#24 Post by JoaoRabit » 11 Apr 2021 18:19

Kiruki wrote: 10 Apr 2021 08:38 You have to consider that IRL there are different speed limits for trucks with and without trailers. The speed limit of 80 km/h is the correct value for the truck with the trailer.
[ external image ]

I'm sorry but you're wrong.

As you can see from the picture above the speed limit is 80km/h if you're driving one of these "Automóveis pesados de mercadorias com reboque - https://escoladeconducaoanova.com/image ... oque-3.jpg"
Otherwise if you're driving one of these "Automóveis pesados de mercadorias sem reboque - https://escoladeconducaoanova.com/image ... rias-2.jpg" or "Automóveis pesados de mercadorias com semirreboque - https://revistacargo.pt/wp-content/uplo ... 90x377.jpg" the speed limit is 90km/h.

mackintosh wrote: 11 Apr 2021 16:09 Right, because the EC never gets things wrong :lol:

Doesn't SCS have any Portuguese speakers on their staff? No Portuguese beta testers?
They have at least one dev and two beta testers that I know of.
plinio.lisboa.br

#25 Post by plinio.lisboa.br » 11 Apr 2021 18:45

[ external image ]

This is a truck with a trailer.

Perhaps the understanding of the word 'trailer' is different in different languages. In the Portuguese language, '' trailer '' is any set that he manages to rest on the axles themselves, and his coupling system is not on the '' Fifth Wheel ''.

[ external image ]
This is a trailer in the Portuguese-speaking world.

[ external image ]
This is the type of hitch that we find on some types of trucks

[ external image ]
Then you have the category called: '' truck with trailer '' 80 Km \ h.

[ external image ]
This is a semi-trailer truck in Portugal You can travel on the highways at 90 km per hour. The hitch is on the '' fifth wheel.

Well, nobody ever said that making Portugal, in the game would be an easy task. The culture is quite complex, and to sum up the world of Lusophone, there is this difference of "trailer" that we call "reboque" (without hitching the fifth wheel), travel 80 km. The '' semi-trailer '' that we call the '' carreta'' in the popular, can sit your foot on the gas for 90 km.
mackintosh

#26 Post by mackintosh » 11 Apr 2021 20:08

JoaoRabit wrote: 11 Apr 2021 18:20 They have at least one dev and two beta testers that I know of.
What the hell. Then what were they doing for two years? I can understand misspellings on signs, but getting rules of the road wrong is basic research. How sloppy can you possibly be.
NARS

#27 Post by NARS » 11 Apr 2021 21:30

Yeah, sure! But we don`t even have that in game! Just truck with SEMI-trailer... :roll:
FloxAir

#28 Post by FloxAir » 11 Apr 2021 21:36

Since we're at it, if I would earn 1€ for every max speed 40 sign I see in Portuguese cities, I would have like 3€ by now.

It's 50 in cities, and usually 30 when there are dangerous situations like school crossings, pavement works, etc.

I get the feeling that it was a design decision because if we travel slower than IRL, the map seems bigger.
pedro07santos

#29 Post by pedro07santos » 11 Apr 2021 22:33

Semis can go up do 90 , while rigid + trailer can go up to 80.

I'm a trucker , so im quite into it :D
d4nn

#30 Post by d4nn » 12 Apr 2021 00:50

mackintosh wrote: 11 Apr 2021 20:08
JoaoRabit wrote: 11 Apr 2021 18:20 They have at least one dev and two beta testers that I know of.
What the hell. Then what were they doing for two years? I can understand misspellings on signs, but getting rules of the road wrong is basic research. How sloppy can you possibly be.
Honestly, I feel the same. There are way more misspelling errors than I would like, many rushed out or missing areas, which I can forgive because of the sheer size of Iberia and Covid problems, only hoping that Iberia will get an update (hopefully not 3 years down the line)
But get things like speed limits wrong? I was shocked tbh. Not only with the research team, but with the beta testers.

Return to “Bugs 1.40”