[Iberia DLC] Spanish locomotives wrong use [156500]

Trenero

[Iberia DLC] Spanish locomotives wrong use [156500]

#1 Post by Trenero » 11 Apr 2021 01:44

Wrong use of spanish locomotives.
Game version 1.40.3.3
Always Reproducible
Win10 64bit

Hello this is not a bug properly speaking, nothing that can break the game or change the gameplay, but it is something that is mistaken, wrong and not reallistic.
First of all you did a great work modelling new trains for Iberia and they are extremly great deatiled, looking almost identical to the real counterpart(I like the wordplay Rieles), but there are some mistakes with the locomotives:
  • First issue
    [ external image ]
    Currently you can see this locomotive spawning in all the spanish lines pulling only freight trains in game, the locomotive is modeled very well and detailed but is doing the wrong job.
    In real life this locomotive called serie 334(called euro3000 by its builder vossloh) by Renfe (the national railways operator),
    The real 334 was designed to only pull light passenger trains(usually express long distance Talgo trains), and Renfe never used it to pull freight trains, Renfe use it exclusively to pull light passenger trains(express long distance) on not electrified lines, so this locomotive should pull only passenger trains in game., it has not power and tractive effort for freight trains.

As a solution for the diesel freight trains I propose you the one i think is the easiest, use the serie 335(Euro 4000) which causually is the locomotive you modeled for the portuguese diesel freight trains in the dlc, in Spain there are several companies using it with diferent paint schemes, here are the 3 most common:
    • Leasing Company (Angel Trains), Renfe operates several 335 leased in this colours and other companies too, maybe is the best solution because can fit more potencial companies.
      [ external image ]
    • Continental Rail, the second largest operator of 335 in Spain after the Leasing Company
      [ external image ]
    • Comsa was the first user of this locomotive in Spain, now the company is called Captrain Spain and recently changed its colours (has a partnership with Takargo, the company you modeled for Portugal)
      [ external image ]
  • There are other issue with the electric locomotive used for freight trains you include in game, the one on this picture spoted in Cordoba:
    [ external image ]
    That paint Scheme is from a French operator, the spanish Traxx F140DC that is the most common freight locomotive in Spain(Renfe has 100 of them) are painted in this paint scheme [ external image ]
    You can spot this locomotive in all the electrified spanish lines haulling freight trains only.
Greetings and keep it improving the game.(Sorry for my bad english)
TruckerDog
SCS Software

Re: [Iberia DLC] Spanish locomotives wrong use.

#2 Post by TruckerDog » 19 Apr 2021 15:18

Thanks for your report.

Indeed you are correct. Renfe 334 is used for passenger trains only. We did decide to use it for freight trains in Spain, so in theory it is working as designed.

We do have the 335 model ( with Takargo 6000 colors ). We do not plan on making new color variants for this model, though. Not at least for Spain. You're always welcome to make a mod for it, though! ;)

What I will do, however, is that I will suggest to use Renfe 334 for passenger trains only and run in Spain only, while the Takargo 6000 will be able to run both in Portugal and Spain - this also reflects real life operations as Takargo also operates in Spain. :)

As for the Traxx: For this one we didn't plan on making repaints not we are planning to do so. It is an older model and we thought it was best to make a new electric locomotive model, such as Renfe 252 / CP 5600. You might have not seen them yet, though. That might be related to a known issue we've got on the map... :roll:

QA id: 156500 - requested to make the changes of the diesel trains in Spain at least. :)
I like trains. 🚂

...and trucks too. 🚛
Trenero

Re: [Iberia DLC] Spanish locomotives wrong use [156500]

#3 Post by Trenero » 27 Apr 2021 14:46

Hello, I'm very happy to hear that the 334 will be used only as a passenger locomotive, (as a railfan it was extremely frustrating for me to see the 334 all over the place hauling freight. :lol: )
Something that also need rework about the 334 is the spawn, because in real life renfe has 28 of them only and you can only see it on very specific routes normally without catenary. Currently in game you can see it in all the lines.
I think that it will be better to retouch the spawn zones of the 334 and if the line has catenary use only electric locomotives or atleast retouch the spanwing ratios to something like only 1/5 of the trains diesel.(By the way there are many lines that don't have the Catenary poles in game, I reported some of them).

About the 335 in Takargo colours you are right, you can see it in Spain operating trains in partnership with Captrain so thats a good move and is reallistic.
But potencially can happen the same with the spawn ratio, is not a very common sight see diesel trains under catenary only private companies that don't own electric locomotives are usually with diesel under catenary and short trains that starts and finish in terminals without catenary, so I suggest the same change to the spawning ratios in lines with catenary to only 1/5 diesel or something like that.

About the Renfe 252/CP 5600, I saw it (252) pulling passenger trains in Cordoba, and in a viaduct over the Ap7 near Valencia(by the way the viaduct currently don't have the catenary poles, I reported it, and in real life is a high speed line, 252 only pull Talgo trains in the high speed lines not stardad Eurofirma coaches). The potencial issue with the 252 is unlike the CP 5600 that pull freight and passenger trains, the renfe 252 only pull passenger trains.
There are only one example of 252 pulling freight trains, and is in the international high speed line, between Barcelona and France where a long train loaded containers is pulled by a double of 252 locomotives, because 252 is the only electric locomotive renfe has in 1435mm gauge. (As a interesting fact is the only freight train in Spain in a 1435mm gauge line, Spain and Portugal has a gauge of 1668mm only the new high speed lines has the standard gauge 1435mm ).
So if you want to do it realist 252 can only haul freight on that route, where by the way I don't saw any train passing yet in game.

And finally about the Traxx, I understand that is an old model and didn't worth the time make a new skin for it, after all this is a truck game, not a train one, but is a bit sad at least for me because that Traxx is currently the freight locomotive series most numerous in Spain (103 between Renfe(100) and Captrain(3)) and the most common freight locomotive, you can see it in al the electrified lines pulling freight trains. Maybe is time to learn a bit about modding :idea: :D .

Thanks for all.
Greetings and keep it improving the game.

Return to “Bugs 1.40”