fined for lack of lighting

touffu

fined for lack of lighting

#1 Post by touffu » 15 Apr 2021 18:57

Something has changed in the infringement conditions for lack of lighting since 1.40.

Until now I turn on the headlights when the streetlights come on and I turn them off the same when they go out. And everything was fine as i never was fined for lack of lighting since day 1 in game.

However, since 1.40, I keep taking fines for lack of lighting, always in the moments preceding the switching on of public lighting or just after it is switched off.

Most of the time i dont care, except that it can ruin any achievement trip which ask perfect run for accomplish it.

It is particularly tricky in the morning. The street lights go out, so you turn off your headlights thinking it's daylight, and bam !, you get fined for lack of lighting by a passing cop. I think it happens within an hour after the lights go out. To check.
Bobble2020

Re: fined for lack of lighting

#2 Post by Bobble2020 » 15 Apr 2021 19:38

I used to get this but now to get round it i just leave my dipped beam headlights on 24/7

Not an ideal solution but has saved me a few times when i forget to put them on when going into Sweden wihich requires them on all the time
touffu

#3 Post by touffu » 15 Apr 2021 21:29

Bobble2020 wrote: 15 Apr 2021 19:38 I used to get this but now to get round it i just leave my dipped beam headlights on 24/7
I'll do that for achievement with perfect run condition, however, until now, I never had fine for lack of lighting during daytime.

Btw, it seems to be within the hour before or after. It happened i got fined during my last trip today, from Taranto to Marseille. I got it at 18h34, from a police car behind me, and the streetlights were on at 19h30. It was a sunny evening without a cloud in the sky.
abasstreppas

#4 Post by abasstreppas » 15 Apr 2021 22:44

Before 1.40 the darkness came very fast and it was more natural to switch on the light. Now it's still quite some daylight even by the time the sun sets and it's easy to forget to switch on the light ;)
Rhythmosaur

#5 Post by Rhythmosaur » 21 Apr 2021 15:37

I like to join in.

I used to put the light on, just like in real life, when the sun begins to weaken and shadows grow darker and bigger. IRL, you don't look at your watch, you feel when it's time to put the lights on. Before the change, for my taste a little early, it used to be around 16:00 to 17:00. In countries with longer daylight you have to drive lights on 24/7 anyway, so no conflicts and no fines. The same goes in revers in the morning. Roundabout 07:00, 07:30 I'd turn off the light.

Now I repeatedly got fined; darkness sets in later (Fining after 21:00 seems fine to me), and ends earlier (got fined short of 08:00 when light was there in abundance. Paragraph jockeys....

So all I'd ask regarding this fine is to refine the fining time, redefine the time for sunshine, that would be fine.
Sorry, too much wine, never mind...

Seriously, I'd suggest fining from 21:00 to 07:00 while leaving the daylight cycle as is.

hick...
Hire Kriechbaum!, please!

Return to “Bugs 1.40”