game hangs when closing with g29 wheel connected [NOT A BUG]

trucker2223

game hangs when closing with g29 wheel connected [NOT A BUG]

#1 Post by trucker2223 » 11 Jun 2021 20:49

game version: 1.40.5.0s
always reproduceable

When you close the game after a session the game hangs forever only when my g29 wheel is connected. When the wheel is not connected the problem does not occur.
The game hangs on:

Code: Select all

00:00:21.450 : [sound] FMOD libraries released.
and never closes. The only way out is by relogging into Windows, since the game stays in the foreground when you try to force close it via task manager.
I also tried a different USB-Port on my computer, but the problem is only fixed once, after the next start of the game the problem occurs again.
The game does not crash so no crash.log gets generated.
The drivers are all up to date and the wheel works fine in other games, so I don't think it's a problem with the wheel itself. I also noticed that some other people also with a g29 have the same problem.

Game.log when the wheel is connected:
https://pastebin.com/ZST92Gfn

Game.log when the wheel is not connected:
https://pastebin.com/Mvu9vnGj
Last edited by trucker2223 on 12 Jun 2021 10:05, edited 1 time in total.
Volleybal4life

Re: game hangs when closing with g29 wheel connected

#2 Post by Volleybal4life » 12 Jun 2021 07:35

I am having the exact same issue. And also have a Logitech G29 steeringwheel.

I can close it using task manager, since I can open taks manager on my second monitor which I don't use for ETS2. The hanging game does make my other monitor useless, since the game stays in the foreground.

Same game version 1.40.5.0s

Game.log with the wheel:
https://pastebin.com/Uq3RJnP4

Game.log without the wheel:
https://pastebin.com/frLC0YwU

Side-note, American Truck Simulator version 1.41.0.37s has exactly the same issue.

Game.log with the wheel:
https://pastebin.com/ArYyuAtr

Game.log without the wheel:
https://pastebin.com/jn3mXzZV

ETS2 is tested with mods. But ATS is for sure without mods. Even a profile which never ever had any mods. Which means, mods aren't the problem either.
Well known ProMods moderator.
tobrago

#3 Post by tobrago » 12 Jun 2021 08:09

I use the G29 steering wheel and I don't have such a problem with the game, the game hangs. When I close the game, the game is closed. There is no hanging. To be honest I didn’t quite understand your problem or maybe it’s a language barrier.

Edit:
Sorry now I saw that the game version is 1.40.5.0s. I'm on version 1.41. *. 0s
Google translator | Greetings and cheers | Keep truckin'

[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]

Discord: tobrago#1504

Everything will be okay in the end, and if it`s not okay, it`s not the end.
Trucker_Niek

#4 Post by Trucker_Niek » 15 Jun 2021 11:08

I have the same problem. did you solve it already?
SACHIYH

#5 Post by SACHIYH » 16 Jun 2021 08:14

Is this the problem that you are having? i also use g29 wheel and I dont know what to do game freezes when i try to close the game and I have to restart the pc
Tom
SCS Software

#6 Post by Tom » 16 Jun 2021 11:00

game hang or freeze is typically caused by another process interfering with game.
seems like you already established what is causing such problems. try to check for driver update/rollback for your steering wheel. or perhaps an settings in any related app.
Swe One

#7 Post by Swe One » 16 Jun 2021 12:18

I am not so sure it is the G-Hub for G29 that is causing this. I have tried with the hub closed before playing and both games still do this when closing them.
The log always have the FMOD libraries released as last line, next line should be NVAPI unloaded, if you have a nVidia card, does that point more at the graphics driver ? I have the latest 466.77 but this happened before that version too.
Or is it something in the Win10 May update that causes this, it started happen directly after my sustem was updated with that.
Dissabling full screen at least gives you a way out, so you can close the game without having to reboot.
Madkine
Global moderator

#8 Post by Madkine » 16 Jun 2021 12:19

Try with ghub off and the wheel not plugged in and see what happens. If no hang, then it's related to the wheel.
If it still hangs it's something else.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
SACHIYH

#9 Post by SACHIYH » 16 Jun 2021 12:37

I have fixed my issue/ its the logitech G Hub. uninstall it and restart your pc then again reinstall G Hub that fixed my issue
Swe One

#10 Post by Swe One » 17 Jun 2021 00:52

Yes that works, one time, but then it happens again. Uninstalled ghub, unpluged the wheel, rebooted, hunted down every Logitech folder and deleted them, cleaned the register and rebooted.
Launced ETS2 without the wheel, and yes it closed as it should. Downloaded ghub and installed it, pluged the wheel back in and tried the game. It closed as it should.
Few hours later I played again, and the game stopped responding when closing it. But sure it can still be the ghub, it is not the best software, sometimes it needs to be restarted before it recognises the G29.

Return to “Bugs 1.40”