[Announcement] 01.06.2021 : New FORUM RULES announced! Please familiarize with them.

SCS General Discussion Thread

The forum dedicated to site issues, problems and wishes.
eonellivlem

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#5511 Post by eonellivlem » 07 May 2021 21:11

Revisiting the cities in California is what i take most from this blog. As others have already pointed out, this is what lets the Germany reskin down. I just pray the ETS2 map team has the same idea for the remaining ETS2 base map. Maybe after all the base game and Going east is reskinned, they can rework some of the depots and maybe give the base map some unique companies.

Marcello Julio

#5512 Post by Marcello Julio » 07 May 2021 21:14

We believe yes. The first part must come on 1.41 update.

abasstreppas
Location: On an island outside another island, outside another island...

#5513 Post by abasstreppas » 07 May 2021 21:26

The ETS2 base map rework is very good when it comes to the Autobahn and b-roads, but that's it. Some of the cities got more love than others, but none of those cities have got an overhaul that even meets Vive la France "low" standard. Also nothing has been done to the environment around Autobahn/b-roads, except maybe a little in the last addition.

Germany is more like just a transit with fast flowing highways and are best suitable as night driving. There is nothing to look at anyway. Even though, the Autobahn is a personal favourite for cruising and listening to some good radio station :D

mackintosh

#5514 Post by mackintosh » 07 May 2021 21:30

Germany was a test case imo, a proof of concept. It's a bit unfortunate, as Germany really deserved a proper ground up rebuild, but it is what it is. Either way, it's certainly a remarkable improvement over what we had :)

Bedavd

#5515 Post by Bedavd » 07 May 2021 21:44

F4R35 wrote:
07 May 2021 21:08
So, is the reskin coming with 1.41?
It seems like we might get the first phase with 1.41, but it's not confirmed yet. SCS didn't mention if it would or not so we can't be sure but we can be hopeful.
Check out my Michigan research map!

Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
*Colorado added! LA, and San Diego are unmapped out of protest for their future rework*

danbywinby

#5516 Post by danbywinby » 07 May 2021 21:46

eonellivlem wrote:
07 May 2021 21:11
Maybe after all the base game and Going east is reskinned, they can rework some of the depots and maybe give the base map some unique companies.
Reworking the base map depots would be amazing zing and would massively improve the base map IMO also they've basically already proven that this is possible by reworking all of the truck dealers in one of the previous updates a short while ago.

xXCARL1992Xx

#5517 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 07 May 2021 21:46

if they showed it now we can pretty much say 1.41 should be the first update to contain some of the rework done
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |

plykkegaard

#5518 Post by plykkegaard » 07 May 2021 22:45

abasstreppas wrote:
07 May 2021 21:26
... none of those cities have got an overhaul that even meets Vive la France "low" standard. Also nothing has been done to the environment around Autobahn/b-roads, except maybe a little in the last addition.
You can follow an almost direct line from GTS to ETS2 and the old parts in Germany and Austria
Line scattering all over the place?
Jolakottur's Nvidia Freestyle Preset

Iberia AI fix

Sora

#5519 Post by Sora » 08 May 2021 00:36

mackintosh wrote:
07 May 2021 15:58
I will always prefer ETS2 over ATS, but there's no doubt in my mind that ATS is the better of the two. I don't know what the problem is with ETS2 mapping and art teams, but their ATS counterparts consistently release better content. I had hoped Iberia would have narrowed the gap, but it did not, and this California rebuild is looking better already.
I can think of a handful of reasons why this might be the case, although I don't know if any of them are true.
  • With ATS being the less popular game, it's more important for them to attract attention with quality maps, because they ultimately want people to be invested in both products
  • Related to the above, ATS cannot generally rely upon modders as a crutch in the same way that ETS2 often can, forcing SCS to do much of the work themselves
  • ATS state DLC tends to be much smaller and more compact, which may result in individual areas being given more attention because both developers and testers have less ground to cover
  • Because ATS takes place in a single country, they've been given half a decade to learn the specifics of that one country really well (compared to ETS2, where countries are rarely relevant for longer than a single DLC)
If I had to guess, though, I'd bet on the last one. Early ATS was really rocky, but around the time they got to Oregon/Washington (which was several years in) they'd finally gotten a really good grasp of how to make an enjoyable and believable American map.

FrancescoMasci

#5520 Post by FrancescoMasci » 08 May 2021 05:10

Ats made two huge steps which the rescale and with the release of New Mexico (I still find it amazing).
From then on it improved so much that it has been a pain to drive through certain areas (especially SoCal).

However, to me Iberia is amazing and having been in Spain and Portugal I find it almost perfect. It only lacks a few coastal routes, but those I’m sure will be added.

Return to “SCS Site”