SCS General Discussion Thread

The forum dedicated to site issues, problems and wishes.
flight50

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#50771 Post by flight50 » 24 Sep 2020 22:32

If SCS is going after the big dogs with truck manufacturers, I'd stick with the big guns for tires as well. https://tiredeets.com/commercial-truck-tires/.
I think the easiest could be ones that are in ETS2 already too. Goodyear and Cooper should lead the charge in the US if nothing else. They have US factories that can provide parts to truck manufacturers as they come along. I know Michelin has plants here as well. I 'd go after the top three and the 2 American ones for a total of 5. Tires are like trucks, the mods will get them in anyways. SCS might as well make something on it. Some people prefer licensed content, others will stick with the mods. I don't mind shelling out $2-5 bucks for small tuning packs at all. Make it and I'll buy it.
1) Michelin - France
2) Bridgestone - Japan
3) Continental - German
4) Pirelli - Italy
5) Goodyear - American
6) Cooper - American
7) Yokohama - Japan

supersobes
Global moderator

#50772 Post by supersobes » 25 Sep 2020 01:45

I just hat a look at the new tire and rim options in ATS, and they are indeed very cool! I really like that it's possible to run super singles with steel rims now. :D The only thing that I'm a bit disappointed about is that these new options do not seem to be available for the owned trailers; they're only on the tractors. I wonder if that is intentional or if it's an oversight. :?

flight50

#50773 Post by flight50 » 25 Sep 2020 02:17

Yeah it would make more sense to also be available for owned trailers. At least for trailers that go off road. Trucks have to drag trailers with them off road to deliver/pick up so they too should be off road worthy. I am a symmetrical type person. I like things to match. I can't use the new tires on the truck if I can't get a matching set on my trailer. It just doesn't look right to me. Fleets do this in real life yes I understand that but if I am a owner operator and I own both my truck and my trailer, you best believe my shoes will match.

supersobes
Global moderator

#50774 Post by supersobes » 25 Sep 2020 02:22

Well it's not just the off road tires either. Specifically, I was hoping that the new super single rims and tires were available for the trailers so that I could equip my reefer and dry van trailers with them. While they may be beneficial for off road use, many over-the-road trucks also run super singles as they have benefits in fuel economy.

leo.arevalo12ss

#50775 Post by leo.arevalo12ss » 25 Sep 2020 02:22

flight50 wrote:
24 Sep 2020 22:32
If SCS is going after the big dogs with truck manufacturers, I'd stick with the big guns for tires as well. https://tiredeets.com/commercial-truck-tires/.
I think the easiest could be ones that are in ETS2 already too. Goodyear and Cooper should lead the charge in the US if nothing else. They have US factories that can provide parts to truck manufacturers as they come along. I know Michelin has plants here as well. I 'd go after the top three and the 2 American ones for a total of 5. Tires are like trucks, the mods will get them in anyways. SCS might as well make something on it. Some people prefer licensed content, others will stick with the mods. I don't mind shelling out $2-5 bucks for small tuning packs at all. Make it and I'll buy it.
1) Michelin - France
2) Bridgestone - Japan
3) Continental - German
4) Pirelli - Italy
5) Goodyear - American
6) Cooper - American
7) Yokohama - Japan
I think BF Goodrich can sneak in there because goodyear, cooper, and BF Goodrich are american tyres so either one of those could be the first and BF is owned by Michelin if you didnt know so either them or goodyear could be the first to enter
I bet things are gonna be teased :ugeek:

flight50

#50776 Post by flight50 » 25 Sep 2020 03:16

@leo.arevalo12ss Yes I am aware of BF Goodrich. The link I provided that you quote even says BF is under Michelin's umbrella. At the end of the day, they still fall under a French company. Just like Daf is under Paccar which is US.

harishw8r

#50777 Post by harishw8r » 25 Sep 2020 05:34

https://blog.scssoft.com/2016/04/paccar ... r.html?m=0

Found this old post from the blog. Is that the T880 in the fourth pic?
:idea: Paint everything black!
My screenshots thread: ETS2 | ATS

flight50

#50778 Post by flight50 » 25 Sep 2020 06:34

Per the headlights, I'd say yes. They too come with sleepers though if you spec it with one. The T880 I was looking forward to was a daycab 8x4. Back then though, SCS did not have CAD files to model trucks. That could be one reason for it not coming when it was an all Paccar truck show.

xXCARL1992Xx

#50779 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 25 Sep 2020 07:20

the blue one ?

they dont need CAD files, this picture shows they are taking images for Photogrammmetrie to make the model like they have done the TGX E6, the Range T, New Scania, most likely New Actros and the Krone models
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |

Holzauge

#50780 Post by Holzauge » 25 Sep 2020 07:57

Referring to the additions to the rim DLC I like the new options for wide rims best. Finally progress wide for me! :D

Return to “SCS Site”