[ARCHIVED] SCS General Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#50591 Post by flight50 » 22 Sep 2020 23:24

Well SCS showcased a revamped car industry for Iberia. ATS should get that too eventually. SCS just showcased lowboys for ATS, ETS2 should get that eventually. The game complement each other for sure. What this one gets, the other gets. Its only fair. With Colorado, looks like livestock will be coming, ETS2 has that already. Both games had tankers added recently for TO, just not all of them. Lowboys is huge........very huge update wise. It took a long time to do this I'm sure. Much appreciated SCS....vehicle team to be more specific. So @SiSL, round of applause.

My thoughts, SCS is listening/watching. They always are. Just because your one isolated opinion is not done, doesn't mean its ignored. It just not a demanding as the repeat request. They can only do some many tasks at once. With lowboys out the way, I assume that opens the door for flatbeds to get work. Flatbeds are huge in North America. I can't speak on the frequency in Europe but I am sure some one can. But what ATS represents for flatbed is not even scratching the surface for ATS. Maybe once flatbed gets some love, this could be when we finally get the single step deck to. They are much more versatile is what they can haul. All the same cargo works for flatbeds but we now need a prop for cargo on the deck (over the 5th wheel). We are getting double step decks with lowboys as that is what they are essentially...lowboys so mark that off the list.

Cement, Cisterns, Tankers are no lowboys. They are def files. Easier to make owned. Dumpers, a simple material in the trailer but it too is mainly a def file and not physically a 3d model. Car haulers, if we have cars in the game, they are already modeled. Just put them on the trailers and/or make more car models. Livestock should be coming soon for ATS, mark that off with Colorado more than likely. Still not 100% confirmed but I like the odds with feedlots teased in one of the previous blogs. Curtain siders, pretty much a flatbed/dry van. Can be def files as well. These are more appropriate for trucks that don't have a dock to back into.

1.39 can be bringing several new trailers. I can only speak for ATS because I know what it doesn't have. So the more common trailers that should be left after 1.39 releases are only (4) of them: side dumpers, single step decks, curtain siders and moving/storage. So we are getting close to the end of having most trailers in the game. From there its specialized trailers, trucks and more cargo. I am sure someone that knows all of what European uses can verify what common trailers remain for SCS to make for ETS2. I just learned of the 2-WIN today. Pretty cool trailers. I don't know how common it is, but I can see it being in ETS2.
howey

#50592 Post by howey » 23 Sep 2020 00:07

What just clicked to me as well with having lowboys ownable in ATS is the good possibility of having tri drives (8x6) or lazy axle (8x4) trucks finally, what would be good having lowboys ATS is having trucks in thoses axle setups to make it look more legit/realistic. Plus it has been a popular request since HH was introduced to ATS especially since ETS 2 has a configuration to cater for HH.

Wishful thinking at least lol.
flight50

#50593 Post by flight50 » 23 Sep 2020 00:24

@howey awww your behind then my friend, lol. I been talking about 8x4/8x6 every since news broke about the WS coming over in the Western Star thread. Its a huge possibility that ATS gets its first 8x4/8x6 with this vocational WS coming.
howey

#50594 Post by howey » 23 Sep 2020 00:52

@flight50 ah ok I haven't been following all the main threads of late, hard to keep track. But I'm more thinking of them in general. Like I mentioned in one of the ATS threads recently that if they do 8x6 or 4 setups hands down the W900 & 389 should be the first as from what I have seen and read they are the most popular trucks setup in those configurations for HH imo.

Although it would be cool to see this new WS in this setup we don't even know what it's true intentions and capabilities are of this truck, been looking at info for it and getting limited responses online atm. I rather we get a tri drive or a 8x4 lazy axle 5700 or 4900 series WS first before the new one but that's just me.
flight50

#50595 Post by flight50 » 23 Sep 2020 01:02

Yeah details won't come for the new WS til Sept 29th. WS just isn't releasing anything til then. That means SCS can't either.

I am not sure if the 5700 even comes in a 8x4. Its a OTR truck. The 4900 could though and yes the W900/389 are some what popular in 8x4. I would have actually thought SCS would go after Paccar's T800/T880 though. Those should have come with ATS HH or ST dlc packs when ETS2 got 8x4/8x6 with hh. I still don't know why ATS wasn't worthy of 8x4s back then. If SCS does fix the 8x4 issue with the new WS coming, what about the 4x2s. That is also a common axle configuration.

Maybe Daimler also gives us the 122SD in 8x4 if the WS comes with it.

The community shouldn't have to depend on certain mods imho. Some things should be core content across both gaming platforms, not just one and truck configuration is definitely not equal to both games.
Bandit & The Snowman

#50596 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 23 Sep 2020 01:27

And I still have "vocational" in my head, it was mentioned somewhere after the WS was teased or announced.
SirVirgoTheMess

#50597 Post by SirVirgoTheMess » 23 Sep 2020 01:39

8x4 chassis would be welcome to me.I would like 4x2 the most tho,because of what i usually transport and what kind of trailer i own.But sure,8x4 chassis will make things more realistic with upcoming ownable lowboys.
flight50

#50598 Post by flight50 » 23 Sep 2020 02:45

@Virgo91 I thought HH and ST were valid enough like ETS2 to get 8x4. Too many people on here argued that ATS doesn't need them because of the lowboys used in ATS. None of those people realize that not every company in the US uses those trailers combinations. That's exactly why it is more common to see a 8x4/8x6 with a 3-4 axle lowboy. Not to mention its more expensive to run those long hh/st trailers. The players should have the option for wheel configurations to run. Especially with owned lowboys coming. Those dolly and jeeps are more tire maintenance as well as the expense for real life companies. Imo, we should have had 8x4/8x6 the same year ETS2 got them which was way back in 2017.
SirVirgoTheMess

#50599 Post by SirVirgoTheMess » 23 Sep 2020 02:58

Yeah,i don't know why people say that either.More configurations,be it for realism or just to have more options...that's good.
Holzauge

#50600 Post by Holzauge » 23 Sep 2020 07:24

@Bandit & The Snowman The guy from Daimler in the video is Senior Vice President of Vocational Sales and Marketing (His business cards must be xtra wide :mrgreen: ). That's what made me think the new truck being a vocational one. We'll see if that will have any influence.
VDMA

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”