[ARCHIVED] SCS General Discussion Thread

xDope

Re: SCS Blog discussion

#10131 Post by xDope » 13 Apr 2017 19:49

@DanRO we will be talkin' game of the year then :lol:
If it is stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.
Arnook

#10132 Post by Arnook » 13 Apr 2017 20:39

Well this news sounds very cool but I would feel slightly scammed if I had bought the high power DLC and had to buy this one on top ...
Now I don't regret not buying it anymore, knowing that something a looot better-looking is on the way ! :)
xXCARL1992Xx

#10133 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 13 Apr 2017 20:44

those two packs have nothing in common there are different

the high power DLC is more a high value then high power
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
BlackBloodRum

#10134 Post by BlackBloodRum » 14 Apr 2017 07:42

Nice! Proper heavy duty trailers! :-D. Looking forward to this!

And only a week or so after I released my 8x4 chassis mod :lol: looks like that mod may become obsolete now and need to be cancelled (SCS one will be better than mine so would pretty much replace my mod :lol:)

But I'll wait and see what SCS do first to see if I still need to maintain it :-D.
Open Modder - Making mods for the fun of modding, without locking them or trying to make a profit. The way modding should be.

World of Trucks | Screenshots | ATS Mods | ETS2 Mods | Gitlab Repositories
danbywinby

#10135 Post by danbywinby » 14 Apr 2017 08:21

So I'm a bit confused with this latest blog post. What exactly is being included in the DLC? And what exactly is being included in the free game update?

Also they mention that this stuff is coming to both ETS2 and ATS but they only mention cargo and trucks coming to ETS2 so what is ATS getting?
Anna K

#10136 Post by Anna K » 14 Apr 2017 08:23

*drools* omg, I sooo want that DLC. But unfortunatly I've no income anymore, like ever.
I'll just hope for family or friends to gift me either steam gift cards or the DLC itself.

Been wanting this for so long :D
---
My guess is the bumper/chassis/extra tanks/steering axles on trailer come as update and the trailers+cargo as dlc?
SiSL
SCS Software

#10137 Post by SiSL » 14 Apr 2017 08:25

There is nothing announced from SCS about what exactly be DLC or update. Whoever says otherwise beside SCS crew will be just guessing.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#10138 Post by Mohegan13 » 14 Apr 2017 08:49

danbywinby wrote:So I'm a bit confused with this latest blog post. What exactly is being included in the DLC? And what exactly is being included in the free game update?
The trailer(s) and cargoes. We already have the "free update" that was 1.27.x, the compatibility patch (assuming yesterday's update wasn't it) will include any additional code that may be required for the DLC to work correctly, but don't expect additional free feature. There may be some, but I find it unlikely.

The blog posts suggests the chassis will not be in this DLC. This DLC is most likely 32+H (it was updated a couple of days ago) so the chassis are probably 32. I could be wrong of course, I have no "internal knowledge" of what is in the pack. If I did this reply wouldn't exist. :lol:

Nothing at all has been said about ATS content, we don't even know if it is heavy haul related or if it's just a some more accessories. I have a feeling I know in part what it might be, but I don't wish to speculate about this incase I am correct or indeed incorrect. Ask me after SCS tell us what it is/release it and I will tell you if I was right or wrong lol. :D
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
KingScania

#10139 Post by KingScania » 14 Apr 2017 09:27

Moh1336 wrote:This DLC is most likely 32+H (it was updated a couple of days ago) so the chassis are probably 32.
Would make sense, since 8x4 is 32^^

I am really curios how this steerable trailer axle thing is working, and if you can limit the steering angle via definition files. Maybe we can realize realistic nordic spec trailers with the last axle moved a bit backwards.
And maybe its a step closer to bringing dollys to the game, or multiple trailer hooks, since many heavy cargo trailers are coupled to an additional dolly before being hooked up to the truck itself.
Best regards, KingScania, modding for them SCS games since 2010.
[ external image ]
xDope

#10140 Post by xDope » 14 Apr 2017 14:50

Moh1336 wrote:Nothing at all has been said about ATS content, we don't even know if it is heavy haul related or if it's just a some more accessories.
I'm convinced the H depot for ATS is for heavy haul. If not i'll be shocked.. :?
If it is stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”